MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Good news: all my files are recognized properly now
    Bad news: it doesn't seem to stable :(

I'm running two different PC's with win7 and the latest svn of mediaportal, but both crash. For instance after returning from the utilities screen.

bert_r

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    was just trying to add epsiodes not recognised /Nyan Koi/ but the webcache is gone (in your latest version)? - Was a good feature - so how to ad epsiodes now - back to putting all infos in by hand?

Ah - Yes - also the switchview option "Year" is gone?

Yeah the "Year" option is gone. You can still do this via the edit contents for a view, but not as easily. Will need to re-think that a bit.

That's my mistake. I never used the year view myself, and when implementing the new views I assumed it was just a filter on specific years ... which it more-or-less is, but not quite the same as it's implemented now. The same with the 'genres' view.

Maybe we should implement user-defined grouping on views? Either you use the normal grouping, or by year, or even by genre. This would allow very easy browsing by year and genre.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

I'm running two different PC's with win7 and the latest svn of mediaportal, but both crash. For instance after returning from the utilities screen.

When you say the latest SVN, do you mean you are actually compiling the source code yourself?

I don't suppose there are any helpful log messages?

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    FdL said:
    I'm not sure if this is the normal way this plugin works, but lately I get this sequence of events.

There's new episodes for my series. I Run Import and it hashes them. They usually appear in the right hand list of not recognized files. I usually have to manually tell the program to try to recognize them as episodes again (not rehashing). It does, but (here is my main concern) it doesn't show them in the series episode list until I exit MP and reenter.

Is this normal? Does this happen because Anime 2 updates its databases on startup, and not on the fly while the program is running?

No this is not normal at all. Do you have any errors in your logs connecting to AniDB? Or other types of errors?

I'm going to look into the logs now. I'm going to try the new version too. Edit: Not >.>

Would a variable for this be when the internet connection is saturated? As in torrenting while doing the import?

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    FdL said:
    I'm going to look into the logs now. I'm going to try the new version too. Edit: Not >.>

Would a variable for this be when the internet connection is saturated? As in torrenting while doing the import?

Not trying the new version?

I've found that is some times fails when the plug-in is trying to do too much.
    e.g. When you are hashing, querying anidb, tvdb etc all at the same time.
    Still not sure why, but continuing to look at it.

The more powerful your PC the less it seems to happen.
    I have MP running on a device with an Atom 1.33GHZ CPU, and basically if I am hashing I cannot connect to AniDB at all.
    Deleting the ed2k.dll actually solves this problem for me here, because it reverts back to the much slower (but less intensive) hashing algorithm.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

When you say the latest SVN, do you mean you are actually compiling the source code yourself?

I don't suppose there are any helpful log messages?

No, the latest mediaportal SVN that can be downloaded, but maybe I'm one version behind. Haven't been in town this weekend. I've created the MediaPortal logs. It happens everytime, so I hope you can get something out of them.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Raytestrak said:
    No, the latest mediaportal SVN that can be downloaded, but maybe I'm one version behind. Haven't been in town this weekend. I've created the MediaPortal logs. It happens everytime, so I hope you can get something out of them.

Just quickly, did you use the installer or the zip file?
    If you are using the zip file did you replace all your custom skins with the new ones?
    I see an error there that may suggest you didn't.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Raytestrak said:

Just quickly, did you use the installer or the zip file?
    If you are using the zip file did you replace all your custom skins with the new ones?
    I see an error there that may suggest you didn't.

I used the installer ... haven't tried bluewide, but since mediaportal crashes althogether I didn't think it was skin related.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Raytestrak said:
    I used the installer ... haven't tried bluewide, but since mediaportal crashes althogether I didn't think it was skin related.

Ok I'll bite the bullet and install the latest SVN to see if I can reproduce the problem.

Since no-one else is reporting the same issue I assume that is isolated (speak up if not).
    I'll PM you with the results.

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    FdL said:

Not trying the new version?

Not yet I guess. See, my HTPC computer is not very powerful or stable as it is, and I don't want to risk losing the use of the program's functionality, having read about some unstability issues with the lates version here. I'll just wait a little, sorry.

I've found that is some times fails when the plug-in is trying to do too much.
    e.g. When you are hashing, querying anidb, tvdb etc all at the same time.
    Still not sure why, but continuing to look at it.

The more powerful your PC the less it seems to happen.
    I have MP running on a device with an Atom 1.33GHZ CPU, and basically if I am hashing I cannot connect to AniDB at all.
    Deleting the ed2k.dll actually solves this problem for me here, because it reverts back to the much slower (but less intensive) hashing algorithm.

Oh, that's interesting. It could be that since it's just a Celeron D 2,66. What I thin I could do is configure the plugin to do less stuff when it runs an import. Especially one of the things I see it do each time where it queues nearly 150 things (sorry but I don't remember what that is).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom