My Anime plugin (3 Viewers)

kazuma6666

Portal Member
March 2, 2008
Well I did my little rss parser/torrent downloader. For now it uses a parsing approach. Give it a rss feed, then give it text and it'll try to find the text in the torrents. If it finds it, it'll launch the torrents with the associated program.

It's like 0.1 alpha, but it works for me. For example we could have the following feed :
BitTorrent Files for [Ayako] Anime
The text we're going to search there is kanokon|1024. the | is the separation operator. It means that it will search for kanokon and 1024 in the filename, so it will only take the HD version of the anime.

This thing is done with access, and I can upload it if some people want it. But it's not very user friendly ^^

illusion

April 17, 2008
lwerndly: Great plugin, thanks for the hard work.

I have a question though;
I have the MyTVSeries plugin also, and that one pulls banner images from Online TV Database - An open directory of television shows for HTPC software and uses them for series selection. (That feature is the sole reason I have been working my ass off renaming the anime files to work in MyTVSeries)

Would it be possible for you to implement a feature like that perhaps?

pafro1

Portal Member
March 6, 2007
@lwerndly: Great plugin, thanks for the hard work.

I have a question though;
I have the MyTVSeries plugin also, and that one pulls banner images from Online TV Database - An open directory of television shows for HTPC software and uses them for series selection. (That feature is the sole reason I have been working my ass off renaming the anime files to work in MyTVSeries)

Would it be possible for you to implement a feature like that perhaps?

This was brought up way back at the start: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/my-anime-plugin-11656/index4.html#post234272

From memory it ended up being in consideration, but will be done later on after the 'core' is done. (Might of changed more recently) Might have more of a chance of getting it in once the source is release....

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Sorry for the late reply, the usual lame excuse (too busy at work).

yhoogi - regarding the problem with the plugin constantly trying to look up files it can't find. Yes this annoys me to no end as well. My current plan is to do the following:
1) the plugin will only query AniDB for two weeks after the file was added to the database. After that it will stop the query
2) add an option to manually query a file for AniDB information.
This doesn't solve the whole problem, but will be a stop gap for now.

kazuma6666 - good work on the RSS stuff. I think it would be a good option to add to the plugin in the following way (for people like me who leave thier HTPC running)
1) Download anime using the RSS stuff you have done
2) On completion move to a temp folder
3) Have the anime plugin watching this folder for new files
4) Anime plugin hashes the file and looks up info on AniDB
5) Anime plugin, looks up local database for a matching series
6) if matching series found move the file to the appropriate folder

illusion - as pafro1 said, I have been looking at this but it is low on the list of my priorities. The API for tvDB is straight forward and simple to use though.

I will make an attempt to fix some more bugs this weekend and do a release (including source).
If I fail again, feel free to PM and ask me for the source code if you want.

kazuma6666

Portal Member
March 2, 2008
1) Download anime using the RSS stuff you have done
2) On completion move to a temp folder
3) Have the anime plugin watching this folder for new files
4) Anime plugin hashes the file and looks up info on AniDB
5) Anime plugin, looks up local database for a matching series
6) if matching series found move the file to the appropriate folder

I can try to add these things to your plug in once I get the sources. I could give you my sources, but it's really dirty code, I had no time to comment it. The reason I did it in access first is that I didn't want to take too long with th GUI. In access it's quite easy.

Now for the plugin, I was thinking of having a RSS directory in the root of the plugin. When you go into it there is a folder for each of the configured RSS. If you go to a specific RSS folder, you'll see every recognized torrent in it (loaded with the new files from anidb). There, you can right click on a recognized file and ask for the download, and evenually ask to download every file of the same serie (it will then ask what resolution you want). The automatic part will not work if there is no CRC code at the end of the file.

The RSS URLs must be inputted in a text file. It will be imported in the database.

That's how I see it.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
This is a bit of a rushed release, as I will be away for work for a few days.
Haven't tested it at home yet, but seems fine on my work machine.
When I get back I'll release source for those who want it.

FIXED: Problem with hashing larges files (2GB+)
FIXED: If a folder is moved the [ Favourites ] fails to render
FIXED: Show hours in running time where appropriate
FIXED: Double episodes will now be shown and sorted properly e.g. Naruto 06-07
CHANGED: Moved database related functions to sub-menu under utilities menu
CHANGED: The plugin will no longer keep trying to indefinitely add files which cannot be found on AniDB.
After a period of two weeks it will stop trying. This can be over-ridden using the the "Add Files To AniDB"
option in the series view.
NOTE - the two week period will not start "ticking" until after the plugin is installed
ADDED: Can now elect to combine all the selected folders into one combined view
ADDED: Option to select a "Preferred Local IP Address"
----- the plugin will use this IP as the locally bound IP address (try this if you have AniDB connection problems)

Chrysolite

March 23, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi been trying to get this to work with no luck
i keep getting the missing or invalid file error message
im using RC1 on Vista Premium and tried it with Blue Two

here is my log file:
2008-05-01 01:06:22.170000 [ERROR][MPMain]: Error initializing window:AnimePlugin.AnimePlugin An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used System at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
at AniDBHelper.AniDBLib.BindToLocalPort()
at AniDBHelper.AniDBLib.Init(String userName, String password, String serverName, String serverPort, String clientPort)
at AnimePlugin.AnimePlugin.Init()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)
2008-05-01 01:06:29.989000 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 105911
2008-05-01 01:06:29.997000 [ERROR][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at AnimePlugin.AnimePlugin.OnPageLoad()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
2008-05-01 01:06:30.000000 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at AnimePlugin.AnimePlugin.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.ActivateWindow(Int32 newWindowId, Boolean replaceWindow)
2008-05-01 01:06:33.889000 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 105911

any help will be appreciated
Cheers

pafro1

Portal Member
March 6, 2007
The above problem could come down to it hasn't been re-built in RC1 yet, or even tested in. So i guess either waiting until lwerndly rebuilds in RC1 or he releases the source and someone else who's running RC1 can do the rebuild and perform the testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom