My Anime plugin (2 Viewers)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Chrysolite - I should have fixed the error you are having, as someone else had exactly the same and I gave them a temp fix release (it happens on all versions of Vista as far as I can tell). Pafro1, can u check your logs to see if it is the same error.

Bring up the command prompt in windows and type ipconfig (I think this still works in Vista).

Find the IP address of your machine, usually starts with 192.XXX
Put this IP address in the preferred IP address option.

Let me know if this works.

Chrysolite

March 23, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Wow thanks man worked like a charm
had no idea the preffered ip had any affect on how it shows up so i left it blank thinking it was for connecting to files stored on another machine on the network.
tested it on xface, replicant, indigo with the replicant xmls on an earlier release and it works

thanks for the help and keep up the good work:D

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Iwerndly,
    Thank you for the update.

After a quick check, it seems there are with the large files still some issues.
    They are now indexed, but the subfolders which contain such files are now shown completely empty and you can't select any file in there.

Depending if there is a directory or files on the selected directory level, there is in the first line a return to higher level of the directory structure shown, sometimes not.
    Seems also, that the combined view is broken if you use the ".." line for going back to a higher directory level.
    Combined view is also broken for the different other views (e.g. per year)

Question:
    I would like to shift the titles selection bars in the first selection level further to the right, as they are in the lower directory levels shown. This would solve some overlapping issues of very long anime titles with the file-names.
    (happens only on levels with additional directories, levels with only files seems not affected from this effect)
    - Where is the position described in the xml file?
    (What kind of structure is shown seems to be keyed to the condition if the folder contains further folders, right?)

Thank you again for the hard work,
    yhoogi

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yhoogi - thanks for the feedback, I will look at those issues

What kind of structure is shown seems to be keyed to the condition if the folder contains further folders, right?

Yes that is correct

I would like to shift the titles selection bars in the first selection level further to the right, as they are in the lower directory levels shown. This would solve some overlapping issues of very long anime titles with the file-names.

Can you post a screenshot of what you mean?

BeeJay

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2007
    Casa del Bristow-Stagg
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Is it possible to instead of using the directory structure to show programs, use the series name and then the series number as per myTVSeries, think this would give a more cohesive look to the plugin.

Love all the hard work man!

BeeJay

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you post a screenshot of what you mean?

Is attached.
    As you see, there is an overlap - maybe the title bars can be shortened.

Cheers,
    yhoogi

oohnoitz

March 11, 2008
    1. this isnt too important, but is it possible to fix the sorting problem when we have the plugin use the meta data provided by AniDB instead of the filename when listing them. i don't mind switching back to the 'filename' preview, but using the meta data to display the episode # and title is much easier for some of us and cleaner. (e.g. <episode num> - <title>). it would start listing the files using that format like this: 01, 10, 11, ..., 19, 02, 20, 21, ... and so on.

2. another problem that recently started to happen is that the plugin stopped showing all of my folders and stopped after listing about 14 folders and the error in the log i found when it as listing was:

Code:
    2008-06-03 16:39:07.765625 [Info.][MPMain]: Error rendering folder view: System.FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.
       at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
       at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
       at AnimePlugin.FolderView.BuildFolderItems(String folderName)
    2008-06-03 16:39:09.187500 [Info.][MPMain]: CancelWorkerThreads
    2008-06-03 16:39:09.187500 [Info.][MPMain]: Label: .. - Path: \\<network pc>\anime (complete)

3. the last problem isn't important at all. because i have everything shared over the network on my main computer i am wondering if it was possible to hide system folders like "RECYCLER" and "System Volume Information". the reason is because the plugin seems to show these folders.

thanks
    oohnoitz

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry for the long absence.
    I discovered Team Fortess 2, and got somewhat addicted.

Here is a new release which will fix some minor problems.
    I have started on the subsequent release which is mainly around performance improvements for people who have large shares on a network.

Please re-iterate any problems you have

FIXED: Problem with ordering of episodes using AniDB metadata
    FIXED: Problem with folders containing large files (2GB+) not displaying any of the episodes
    FIXED: New epsiode count was not displayed on folders when using the combine views
    FIXED: Issue with the anime name being too long in folder view for wide skins
    ---------(NOTE - this requires you to manual copy the Anime.xml file from the BlueTwoWide folder)
    --------(NOTE2 - to tweak this you can adjust the length of the node in the xml with an ID of 8)
    ADDED: New option to view meta data instead of folder names
    ADDED: New option to cache file info. This will save on constant re-reads of disk info when
    -----------navigating between folders. Full read will be done on start-up instead (partially implemented)
    -----------Should be much faster for people who use a network share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom