My Anime plugin (1 Viewer)

mpZit

March 5, 2008
Blue3 4:3 skin file

Hello,

I took some time to unbroke the skin files for this plugin under Blue3 4:3 . The attached *.xml files should work ok with Blue3 now, see screenshots.

I modified the skin file a bit also, trying to cram all the infromation in the 4:3 without breaking the rest. Some text sizes where also modified to my own liking (i.e. scrolling description is readable from my couch :) )

To install go to :

C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Blue3
(default installation path)

Backup your existing Anime.xml and AnimeFolder.xml (copy paste to a different location or rename with .bak at the end) and put the new ones in the Blue3 folder.

Hope this helps anyone out there.

Cheers
zit

Attachments

• myAnime_Blue3_anime_SS_01.jpg
    myAnime_Blue3_anime_SS_01.jpg
    132.1 KB
  • myAnime_Blue3_anime_SS_02.jpg
    myAnime_Blue3_anime_SS_02.jpg
    132.2 KB
  • myAnime_Blue3_folder_SS_01.jpg
    myAnime_Blue3_folder_SS_01.jpg
    101.8 KB
  • Anime.xml
    30.6 KB
  • AnimeFolder.xml
    30.6 KB

Tancor

Portal Member
October 8, 2008
If you scroll back a page or two you'll find one of the posts with a link to download it. I think, if I recall correctly after going thru the full thread a few days ago, the latest version number ends in a 19.

-T

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately the thread seems dead.
    Did anybody managed to get hold of the source?

yhoogi

Tancor

Portal Member
    October 8, 2008
    Transfering...

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to transfer the data for the anime plugin from one system to another?

I had assumed I could just copy my database and various subfolders, but that didn't seem to work.

Basically, I have a test platform and then my media center.

The test platform is also where my raid array is that is shared on the network. Both systems map the appropriate anime hierarchy folder to O:\

I had the test platform do all of the hashes (as hasing all of the files across the network (wireless to the media center) takes FOREVER) and download the data, thinking I could just copy it over to the media center, but I see no thumbnails. I checked the thumbs folder on the test platform, and there are no images in there, but if I launch MP on the test system, the appropriate thumbs show up...

Any suggestions on how to properly migrate the data would be most appreciated!!

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ah time flies!

Haven't been watching much anime lately, so haven't looked at this thread either.
    Getting back into it now and there are a few things that annoy me still, and have a few ideas on how to fix them.

Tancor: no it is not possible to migrate unless you have exactly the same paths (absolute not relative)
    Although you could do something if you wanted to get your hands dirt in the SQL.

The first thing I will be looking at is performance.
    The hashing does indeed take a long time. I am going to create an alternative matching system along the lines of file names.
    So if you download a file and keep it's original file name like this:
    [Chihiro]_Kyou_no_Go_no_Ni_09_[h264][C972C0C4].mkv

It will attempt to look up my alternative database (not AniDB), for an entry matching that name. If found, it will use that info instead of hashing the file.
    If it can't find it, you will need to revert to the usual hashing routine. Once this is done it will upload that data for future reference.

Benefits
    1. If someone using this plugin has already hashed the file you won't need to (if file names are the same)
    2. You can move files around without need to worry that you will need to hash again.
    3. Information you upload will be associated with your user name and the search will first look for any information you upload. So you can rename files in your own format and get some benefit as well.

After that I'll start looking at some of the bugs again.

Oh, if anyone wants the source themselves let me know.

Tancor

Portal Member
    October 8, 2008
    In terms of the paths, that's wierd, I thought all my paths were pretty much identical since I was using the same mapped drive letters and such. the hashing isn't too bad, as long as the drives aren't on a network (well, at least as long as the drives aren't being accessed via a 802.11g wireless =D)...

My one concern would be on initial scan of the folders - as I have a lot of anime (probably about 50ish folders worth) where all of the filenames have been renamed to match what I had wanted at the time - so if it based everything soley on matching - I know I'd be screwed =( (completely ignoring the 190ish bleach files that are labled bleach - xxx =D)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    In terms of the paths, that's wierd, I thought all my paths were pretty much identical since I was using the same mapped drive letters and such. the hashing isn't too bad, as long as the drives aren't on a network (well, at least as long as the drives aren't being accessed via a 802.11g wireless =D)...
    )

Oh sorry you said you can't see the thumbnails.
    They are actually stored in another folder as well. For a default installation on XP it is
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\AnimeThumbs

It should work if you copy that over

My one concern would be on initial scan of the folders - as I have a lot of anime (probably about 50ish folders worth) where all of the filenames have been renamed to match what I had wanted at the time - so if it based everything soley on matching - I know I'd be screwed =( (completely ignoring the 190ish bleach files that are labled bleach - xxx =D)

The new matching system will be an additional option.
    If it can't find it using this system, it will then try to use the existing system.
    And you won't need to use this new system if you don't want to.

I have thousands of files on my share as well. And half of them i renamed using my own naming system as well.
    But you will still see some benefit by turning on the new system, if you change folder structures in the future

Tancor

Portal Member
    October 8, 2008
    )

Oh sorry you said you can't see the thumbnails.
    They are actually stored in another folder as well. For a default installation on XP it is
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\AnimeThumbs

It should work if you copy that over

Hmm, I had looked in that folder, and there were no thumbnails there on the system I had originally done the hashing with (and yet, if I run MP and check out the anime plugin on that computer, I see the thumbs, so I have no idea where they appear to be hiding) - and actually it is the entire data, at first I thought it was just the thumbs, but checked and all the data is missing (blurb, episode counts, etc.)

Hmm, I just took a moment to check my test system and I found the thumbs, but they aren't in the default location - although they really should be as I did the default way of installing, but I found the thumbnails on my system at:

c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\Thumbs\AnimeThumbs

Now, aside from not knowing why they are stored here and not where they should be... I don't know why the two different media portal systems, both with default installs, both with the same anime database, both with the anime folders mapped to the same drive letter and folder hierarchy, can't both use an identical database - if the mapping were different, I could understand, but they are both mapping the drive letter O: to a folder named MovieSet2 where all of the anime is in a folder named Anime, so the folder list in the config looks like:

O:\Anime

Unless there is something else that is just different enough about the two systems that is breaking this...

The new matching system will be an additional option.
    If it can't find it using this system, it will then try to use the existing system.
    And you won't need to use this new system if you don't want to.

I have thousands of files on my share as well. And half of them i renamed using my own naming system as well.
    But you will still see some benefit by turning on the new system, if you change folder structures in the future

Ok, that would be pretty cool then =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom