My Anime plugin (2 Viewers)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
This will be the last major release for a while.

The next release will be any bug fixes, and I am also looking at some way of including RSS/Blogs into the interface somewhere.

More information and screenshots at
Anime Plugin for MP

Screen09.jpg

ADDED: Can now search MyAnimeList with manual keyboard entry
ADDED: Can now search MyAnimeList based on what other users have successfully searched on
ADDED: Option to reset MyAnimeList data
ADDED: Option to automatically scan for all MyAnimeList data using your library
------ Matches based on user recommendations first and then MyAnimeList search (where only one result is found)
FIXED: Data is cleared properly when you switch character data from one series to the next
FIXED: Parsing of character descriptions
FIXED: Do not download character/actor images if they already exist
FIXED: Do not download character/actor information if it already exists in the local database
FIXED: Always get japanese voice actors rather than first VA shown
CHANGED: Options button on series view removed, those options are now available via context button (Info/F9)
CHANGED: Favorites checkmark now replaced with standard toggle button and now shown to the left
CHANGED: Folders in main view are not alphabetically sorted by display name
CHANGED: Utilities button on main view now links to an admin screen instead of menus
ADDED: Option to download the latest version of the plugin from the admin screen
ADDED: Physical folder path now shown under the series name in series view
ADDED: A "more" button on the info screen which shows
------ Extra characters beyond the 10 shown on previous screen
------ Character Description
------ List of other shows for the voice actor which you also have on your system
------ Ability to go to those other shows

mastrboy

Portal Member
July 19, 2008
bug found, not a very nice one, se difference in screenshots beetween 0.2.1 and 0.2.2 in attachements.

Attachments

• 0.2.1.JPG
    0.2.1.JPG
    82 KB
  • 0.2.2.JPG
    0.2.2.JPG
    30 KB

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
bug found, not a very nice one, se difference in screenshots beetween 0.2.1 and 0.2.2 in attachements.

Have you copied over the latest skin files? It looks like you are still using the old ones.

Ah apologies, I see the problem.
I forgot to update the skin files for the original anime series view.
If you switch to the "simplified" view in configuration it should work.

Will have a fix later today.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi lwerndly,

Thank you very much for the effort. I am just migrating from my old pre 1.0 version to 1.0 and really appreciated your web service. Took still some hours but would have taken days otherwise.

Question:
    Is it somehow possible to force manually banner images for folders?
    I have several sub-subfolders containing the videos, but would like to have for the empty higher level folders appropriate banners.
    So far my "old" way was to put a video file in these folders and delete it after the plugin has retireved the AnimeDB Images. - But maybe there is a way to place the banner as jpg directly?

Cheers,
    yhoogi

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yhoogi - You are doing exactly the same thing as i do at the moment :)

At the moment, that information is stored in the database.
    What I might do is something similar to the top left banner images. Where you can just place an image in the folder and it will check there for a file called "banner.jpg".
    I'd actually thought of doing something like this earlier, because sometimes i prefer the images from MyAnimeList or ANN etc.
    So you can override the default image from AniDB.

I'll try this today and see how it goes.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks to everyone who has submitted thier data. Currently have 21,000+ unique files in the database.

FIXED: Improved performance on characters view
    ADDED: You can now have any folder display a selected cover image by simply placing a file called "cover.jpg" in the desired folder.
    This will override any images that are automatically downloaded

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom