yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Iwerndly,
    I just stumbled over a new issue:

The missing ep otion is a nice tool to check if you are up to date and tried it for ep verification;
    I observed that for missing eps (e.g SkullMan_[SHS]) the plug is stating that I have up to ep 12 and missing no. 13.
    In fact I had no. 13 as well, but there are two entries by SHS for this ep in AnimeDB. The one I have is correctly identified in my account by the the plug, but somehow didn't recognised - Maybe due to the other released file by SHS?

- Also with movies the tool is getting confused as it is checking for the entry with the most files (i.e. if it is split by the group in several sections) - Guess there is nothing which can be done without lengthly sanity checks (e.g. checking if this is a movie or so)

I have the feeling that sometimes an ep is not correctly matched with the Database. - At least I see gaps in series sequences in my account which I couldn't explain. Could be caused by various reasons.
    If this is true and why will be checked by next opportunity. Need first a hashing tool to generate AnimeDB compatible hash values for a manual check.

Cheers

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    like to try this out, would it work with the latest streamedmp skin?

thanks

Yeah should work fine, you just need to copy the skins files (*.xml) into the right skin folder

The missing ep otion is a nice tool to check if you are up to date and tried it for ep verification;
    I observed that for missing eps (e.g SkullMan_[SHS]) the plug is stating that I have up to ep 12 and missing no. 13.
    In fact I had no. 13 as well, but there are two entries by SHS for this ep in AnimeDB. The one I have is correctly identified in my account by the the plug, but somehow didn't recognised - Maybe due to the other released file by SHS?

Do you have Skullman by two different subbers in different folders? With one folder only have up to 12?
    If so this might be the cause of your problem.
    At the moment, it assumes that there is only one physical folder per AniDB series. Will look at changing this.

- Also with movies the tool is getting confused as it is checking for the entry with the most files (i.e. if it is split by the group in several sections) - Guess there is nothing which can be done without lengthly sanity checks (e.g. checking if this is a movie or so)

yeah this one is a bit hard, will have a think about it.

I have the feeling that sometimes an ep is not correctly matched with the Database. - At least I see gaps in series sequences in my account which I couldn't explain. Could be caused by various reasons.
    If this is true and why will be checked by next opportunity. Need first a hashing tool to generate AnimeDB compatible hash values for a manual check.

When you say account, do you mean in MediaPortal or on the AniDB site?

Cheers

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Do you have Skullman by two different subbers in different folders? With one folder only have up to 12?
    If so this might be the cause of your problem.
    At the moment, it assumes that there is only one physical folder per AniDB series. Will look at changing this.

No, I have only the SHS version and all the files in this folder. But I notred in the AnimeDB Database that for ep 13 there are 2 entries and also not marked as v2 or so.

In fact I have for some series sub-folders for specific groups but didn't recognised any problems (but was also not looking for it - will check)

For account I was referring to the AnimeDB site. I do not have an account for MAL

Cheers

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yhoogi - I'll need to have a further look at those issues as I can't replicate them yet

ADDED: On admin screen a new option called "Missing Episodes"
    ------ "Missing Episodes New" shows anything new for each folder beyond your current latest episode (Same as Missing Episodes view)
    ------ "Gaps In Series" shows any gaps in your series based on the first and last episode in your folders.
    FIXED: Issue with apostrophes in character descriptions
    FIXED: Back button not working when using the combine folders view
    FIXED: Only show an item for hidden files when there is at least one hidden file
    FIXED: DB Cleanup will now also delete any links between a folder and an anime series where the folder doesn't have any files
    FIXED: Error handling when MAL search doesn't find any results
    CHANGED: The highest watched episode in a series will no longer be hidden when "Hide watched Files" is turned on
    -------- This is to resolve the situation where you do not finish watching an episode, but it is hidden the next time you come back
    CHANGED: The MAL scan will no longer scan for series information where the associated folder does not have any files
    CHANGED: The MAL scan will no longer scan for series information where there is no associated folder
    CHANGED: MAL Series data and relations between series and characters are now submitted to the web service after searching (where enabled)
    CHANGED: Character information is now downloaded from web service before searching the MAL web service (where enabled)

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just some observations:

The new feature for gaps gives several times identification for missing eps which are already available and in the DB.
    (At least they are in the eps view of this series identified with run time, resolution, etc)
    Also the check for new eps seems to count the number of files by a group and match it with the latest ep number available - right?
    At leasts seems so - i observed if e.g. a series was started by a single group A (e.g. ep 1) and lateron continued by a joint group A&B (ep2-6) it seems to identify that you have only 5 eps and missing no. 6.

Good example would be "Night Wizard" with Ashes & Anisub; started by Ashes (ep 1); continued by [Ashes_Anisubs] (ep 2-13) and lateron redone by Anisubs for Ep1-6 -(just to make it not too easy)

For the other topic why some eps are not introduced in the AnimeDB databse I have so far no clue. The hashes are ok.
    Maybe an optional log file for tracing would be nice.

On the other hand I can live with how it is by now as the AnimeDB update problem is for me not of major interest. It is more an academic issue to help in debugging the plugin.

Cheers

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just some observations:

The new feature for gaps gives several times identification for missing eps which are already available and in the DB.
    (At least they are in the eps view of this series identified with run time, resolution, etc)
    Also the check for new eps seems to count the number of files by a group and match it with the latest ep number available - right?
    At leasts seems so - i observed if e.g. a series was started by a single group A (e.g. ep 1) and lateron continued by a joint group A&B (ep2-6) it seems to identify that you have only 5 eps and missing no. 6.

Good example would be "Night Wizard" with Ashes & Anisub; started by Ashes (ep 1); continued by [Ashes_Anisubs] (ep 2-13) and lateron redone by Anisubs for Ep1-6 -(just to make it not too easy)
    Cheers

Both the missing episodes functions are folder based. Which means as long as you have all the episodes in the same folder, and they have been properly identified by AniDB it should work.
    If you have separated episodes into different folders, grouped by subber you will have problems.
    In you Night Wizard example are they all in one folder?

The way the missing epsiodes search works is as follows
    1. Find each folder
    2. Find what anime this folder is associated with
    3. Find the high episode number that you have in this folder (doesn't care about group)
    4. Parse the AniDB website and find any groups with an ep higher than this.

But really the searches should be done the following way (which I will do soon)

1. Find each anime series in your local DB
    2. Find the latest ep you have in your local DB (ignore folder location)
    3. Parse the AniDB website and find any groups with an ep higher than this.

For the other topic why some eps are not introduced in the AnimeDB databse I have so far no clue. The hashes are ok.
    Maybe an optional log file for tracing would be nice.

On the other hand I can live with how it is by now as the AnimeDB update problem is for me not of major interest. It is more an academic issue to help in debugging the plugin.

Cheers

I also have quite a few series where one episode just doesn't get picked up by AniDB.
    I will check these out and see if I can find anything

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Both the missing episodes functions are folder based. Which means as long as you have all the episodes in the same folder, and they have been properly identified by AniDB it should work.
    If you have separated episodes into different folders, grouped by subber you will have problems.
    In you Night Wizard example are they all in one folder?

For this example all 13 eps would be in one folder with 1st ep by Ashes and ep 2-13 done by the joint Ashes/Anisub effort

The way the missing epsiodes search works is as follows
    1. Find each folder
    2. Find what anime this folder is associated with
    3. Find the high episode number that you have in this folder (doesn't care about group)
    4. Parse the AniDB website and find any groups with an ep higher than this.

But really the searches should be done the following way (which I will do soon)

1. Find each anime series in your local DB
    2. Find the latest ep you have in your local DB (ignore folder location)
    3. Parse the AniDB website and find any groups with an ep higher than this.

Sound good - only issue which remains open is why ep 13 seems not to be identified as ep13 but as ep12. Could it be that you retrieve the number of eps released by a specific group? (at least the joint group issued only 12, but from 2-13)
    In this example ADB identified 3 entries in their DB: "Ashes", "Anisub" and "Ashes-Anisub", it could be that it messed up with the old algorithm. As you intend to change the algorithm, I presume it will be addressed in the new approach.

I also have quite a few series where one episode just doesn't get picked up by AniDB.

Thanks, seems at least not be a local problem in my setup.

Cheers

dragone17

Portal Member
    March 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    hi!
    it's my first post on this forum, but I have used mediaportal and anime plugin in the past and I decided to restart using MP.
    Now i'm trying the latest version of the plugin, it's wonderful!
    but I have some questions:

1) there is a method to tell the plugin that certain files belong to an anime despite they don't match with anidb?
    I have an anime ripped from italian tv, and these files aren't in anidb. so the plugin doesn't recognize them and don't download information about the anime.

2) the webservice stores informations about my anime (when i upload them), but about not recognized anime it saves something or not? (see first question). I didn't understand very well what the WS does...

3) the plugin recognize two episodes of an anime as another two episodes of the same show. in the list i have two episode 1 and 15 and I don't have episodes 13 and 24. I have 2 episode missing but not these two...

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    For this example all 13 eps would be in one folder with 1st ep by Ashes and ep 2-13 done by the joint Ashes/Anisub effort

Sound good - only issue which remains open is why ep 13 seems not to be identified as ep13 but as ep12. Could it be that you retrieve the number of eps released by a specific group? (at least the joint group issued only 12, but from 2-13)
    In this example ADB identified 3 entries in their DB: "Ashes", "Anisub" and "Ashes-Anisub", it could be that it messed up with the old algorithm. As you intend to change the algorithm, I presume it will be addressed in the new approach.

I just can't replicate this issue. I have quite a few series done by multiple groups (as it is quite common).
    I will do the alternative searching method and then have another look if you are still having problems.
    Yeah I don't actually ever look at the sub group when doing the search to find the latest ep.

Thanks, seems at least not be a local problem in my setup.

Cheers

I have done a bit of work on this one, and found that for episodes where AniDB cannot match the file hash, if I re-download the file it seems to work.
    I had two files, with exactly the same file size, and both play fine, but they produce different hashes.
    I can only guess that the download process has some sort of occasional glitch.

1) there is a method to tell the plugin that certain files belong to an anime despite they don't match with anidb?
    I have an anime ripped from italian tv, and these files aren't in anidb. so the plugin doesn't recognize them and don't download information about the anime.

At the moment there isn't.
    I have thought about this a bit (as I have done a few of my own dvd rips)
    The "easiest" way at the moment is to actually submit the data yourself on AniDB, not really easy.

2) the webservice stores informations about my anime (when i upload them), but about not recognized anime it saves something or not? (see first question). I didn't understand very well what the WS does...

If it can't find information about the anime it will still submit the file hash data, so you don't have to hash the file again in the future.

3) the plugin recognize two episodes of an anime as another two episodes of the same show. in the list i have two episode 1 and 15 and I don't have episodes 13 and 24. I have 2 episode missing but not these two...

What series is this? I will take a look at your submitted data

dragone17

Portal Member
    March 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    At the moment there isn't.
    I have thought about this a bit (as I have done a few of my own dvd rips)
    The "easiest" way at the moment is to actually submit the data yourself on AniDB, not really easy.
    ok, i'll leave it as is, 'cos the rip it isn't mine and i can't submit data to anidb...
    If it can't find information about the anime it will still submit the file hash data, so you don't have to hash the file again in the future.
    ok :D
    What series is this? I will take a look at your submitted data
    Soul Eater

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom