My Anime plugin (3 Viewers)

mastrboy

Portal Member
July 19, 2008
sweet, new version :)

About the web service, how are files identified? CRC hash? filename?

Im asking because i sometimes rename files to my prefered structure.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Giving some feedback to the current version:

MAL update takes quite some time (~1min per entry) makes it a lengthly issue of several hours for large lists.
    In case it is disrupted before made a full cycle it restarts from begin of the list the next time. In case you prematurely stop the lookup, elements at the end of very large lists are therefore endangered to be never checked.

Is it possible to continue the update where it stopped? (or starting at a random position)

One question:
    Cleanup Database means: entries to deleted files will be also deleted - Right?

Cheers,
    yhoogi

mastrboy

Portal Member
    July 19, 2008
    i have a feature idea to increase the hashing speed of files, but it should be optitional in options.

Have My Anime plugin check the filenames for a CRC hash as many groups who releases anime usually includes the hash in brackets in the filename, for example:
    Juuousei_-_01_[Black_Sheep][HDTV_H264_AAC][803DA487].mkv

So if you create a function that checks a filename for a valid crc checksum and use that it could speed up hashing of files. (Should not be to hard to write a regexp that recognises a CRC checksum)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    MAL update takes quite some time (~1min per entry) makes it a lengthly issue of several hours for large lists.
    In case it is disrupted before made a full cycle it restarts from begin of the list the next time. In case you prematurely stop the lookup, elements at the end of very large lists are therefore endangered to be never checked.

I'll add another option to the scan so that you can do a full scan, or just do a scan where you don't currently have any information yet. So basically scan only the information that appears in the list to the right.

One question:
    Cleanup Database means: entries to deleted files will be also deleted - Right?

Yeah the main purpose for this is when you move files around, or rename them.
    The database has an entry for every file on your list.
    When you move a file, you end up with multiple entries in the database, which eventually starts to slow things down.
    This function just deletes the database information for any files that no longer exist.

About the web service, how are files identified? CRC hash? filename?

Im asking because i sometimes rename files to my prefered structure.

The web service tries to find a match in the following order
    1. filename, username and file size. (your own previously submitted info)
    2. filename and file size. (other users previously submitted info)
    3. CRC match (coming soon)

So if you rename a file, it will not be found by the first two methods.
    It may be found in the CRC method if the CRC has not been removed from the file name.

Otherwise the file will need to be hashed again.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

ADDED: new configuration option to hide watched files by default
    ADDED: new option to show/hide watched files
    ADDED: New view on the main screen called "New in Favorites"
    ------ This will only show the shows in your favourites which have unwatched files.
    CHANGED: Searching for file information from the web service will now also use the CRC32 in the file name if it exists
    CHANGED: on the admin window: Scanning for MAL data now gives you the option to do a full scan, or only those series without data already
    FIXED: on the admin window: the series without MAL data was not displaying the last show in the list

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks from me as well!

It is gettting better and better!

Just 2 observations:

• The Back - Button is not working in the "All Shows" - View; You need to use the top "Main View" Button to leave the list
    • The MAL List contains also empty folders which only contain sub-folders (makes quite a list in my case)
    • Also MAL update seems to check on already deleted Shows (seems like the DB cleanup is not doing it for the MAL also)

All are not major issues, but maybe could be addressed during one of the next releases

Cheers

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    • The Back - Button is not working in the "All Shows" - View; You need to use the top "Main View" Button to leave the list
    • The MAL List contains also empty folders which only contain sub-folders (makes quite a list in my case)
    • Also MAL update seems to check on already deleted Shows (seems like the DB cleanup is not doing it for the MAL also)

Ok have fixed these issues, but am in the middle of trying out some other things as well (changes on the back end)
    I'll do a release soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom