My Anime plugin (1 Viewer)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Ok, I have been having a few problems getting to the bottom of some of the problems described by dragon17 and yhoogi.
So what I have done is added a new feature in the configuration screen so you can see some of the data stored in your local database, and check yourself whether it has properly matched up with AniDB.

Screen20.jpg

Screen21.jpg

Screen22.jpg

ADDED: Now storing AniDB FileID on local database and web service rather than just Episode ID (only applies to new files)
ADDED: DB manager on config screen to show information stored in local database (for debugging purposes)
ADDED: Admin screen: included missing episode search which looks at just your favorites folder.
ADDED: Drop folders: Ability to specify a folder where u can drop files, and it will automatically move those files into the
------ correct folder after hashing them (will add support for multiple folder per series based on sub group later)
FIXED: Errors from admin view for processing AniDB progress events
FIXED: Messages for AniDB progress events are now displayed on the simplified series view
FIXED: Missing episode search now looks at all folders with the same series rather than just one folder at a time

dragone17

Portal Member
March 10, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
I looked into the db for errors, and I saw that great part of soul eater's episodes are wrong...
episode 1 is recognized exactly, but episode 2 is recognized as another episode 1, episode 3 as 2 and so on until episode 14 and 15, which are right.
from episode 16 to 24 is the same thing, and at the end episodes 13 and 24 results as missing...
I checked the hash of some episodes, and are correct...

another question: how does the plugin search on myanimelist?

thank you for your work... ;)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
I looked into the db for errors, and I saw that great part of soul eater's episodes are wrong...
episode 1 is recognized exactly, but episode 2 is recognized as another episode 1, episode 3 as 2 and so on until episode 14 and 15, which are right.
from episode 16 to 24 is the same thing, and at the end episodes 13 and 24 results as missing...
I checked the hash of some episodes, and are correct...

Could you pm me some screenshots of the episode info for the incorrect episodes?
I may need to write something to clear the stored data, and then rehash it.

another question: how does the plugin search on myanimelist?

Basically it is just html parsing.
MAL doesn't have an API, so it just uses the same searching you use when you go to the website.

It seems to be using excessive CPU for me sometimes which I need to look at

Aemony

Portal Member
January 18, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi, just began using the My Anime plugin yesterday and I must say that I like it!

Anyway, at school today I tried out the plugin as well and it didn't work as expected. When opening the plugin in MediaPortal a black screen with a single line "Missing or invalid file:" was shown. After looking around a bit, reinstalling and trying to reproduce the bug at home I noticed that if you don't have an internet connection (or the ports aren't open) the plugin doesn't work.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Anyway, at school today I tried out the plugin as well and it didn't work as expected. When opening the plugin in MediaPortal a black screen with a single line "Missing or invalid file:" was shown. After looking around a bit, reinstalling and trying to reproduce the bug at home I noticed that if you don't have an internet connection (or the ports aren't open) the plugin doesn't work.

It is true that the plugin won't do much if the ports aren't open (as it needs to connect to AniDB).

However the error you are getting is usually a result of a missing skin file.
If you have the skins files in the right places, and it still doesn't work, have a look at your "error.log", it may give me a clue

Aemony

Portal Member
January 18, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden

It is true that the plugin won't do much if the ports aren't open (as it needs to connect to AniDB).

However the error you are getting is usually a result of a missing skin file.
If you have the skins files in the right places, and it still doesn't work, have a look at your "error.log", it may give me a clue

Better yet, I can tell you to reproduce the bug! Disconnect your network cable and try to enter the plugin again and you should get it. I know that the error message is usually a result of a missing skin file but this isn't one of those cases.

Also, where can I find 'error.log'?

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can confirm the plugin behavior. When I disconnect my network I have the same error-message

Cheers

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

ADDED: Can now re-process files from the simplified series view (clears and re-gets data)
    FIXED: refreshing character/actor info was corrupting character data when you already had the information
    FIXED: Plugin would not load if you did not have access to network, or did not have the ability to bind to the remote AniDB port
    CHANGED: Character and actor images are now queued on a separate thread for download to improve performance
    ADDED: New option to do a full refresh from MAL on series info page

Aemony - this should fix your problem
    dragone17 - try the new option to re-process your files, and let me know if it fixes your problem.

Aemony

Portal Member
    January 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    At first glance, no, it doesn't fix my problem. But I've only replaced the AnimePlugin.dll file from the old, so is it because of that? You see, I use my own template files so I don't really want to replace those and I can't imagined that replacing the database file is needed... Or am I wrong?

Also, <br/> shows up on some anime descriptions and some special character codes like &auml; is also visible.

slamdance

Portal Member
    July 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    First of all, great work on the plug-in, it’s simply the best way to view anime in mediaportal!

I've been using it for a while now, and it keeps getting better and better with each release.

However I did find some small issues.

When the web service is enabled, the first episode of Rosario + Vampire from Ayako-BakaWolf gets identified incorrectly as Rocket girls episode 10 - Orbiter.
    If I use the new feature from 0.28 to re-process the files, the wrong info is retrieved from the WS.
    If I disable the WS and re-process the files again, the correct info is retrieved from anidb.

File info for the episode in question.
    Mismatch.jpg

As the hash is correct and the AniDB match is ok, it looks like the wrong file info somehow got uploaded to the Webservice.

On another note, there are also some issues with dual episodes.
    • When scanning for gaps, dual episodes show up as missing although they are available and identified.
    • In the simple episode view the ordering is not quite right as is shown below. (episodes 6-7, 8-9 are available but sorted just before episodes 60 and 80)

DualEpisodes.jpg

Thank you, and keep up the good work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom