My Anime plugin (2 Viewers)

slamdance

Portal Member
July 9, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thank you lwerndly for the new release, it runs smoothly and the new options screen is much appreciated and the last watched screen looks nice.

I did forgot to mention a small bug last time (It's been around since I started using the plugin).

Playing an episode to the end, doesn't mark it as watched.
Stopping the episode does mark it as watched. It doesn't matter if it's 1 second after the episode is started or 1 second before the episode ends.

I'm not sure why, but I can't get the plugin to show my series. I've renamed them all, so they are found by MyTVSeries, but it's becoming quite a collection so I thouht I'd try a seperate plugin for my Anime. I've added the folder with my series, and the folder names appear in the Anime section, but they're all empty.
I did a file scan, but it doesn't seem to work.

Furthermore, when I enable the anime plugin, all my videos run in the background of MediaPortal. I'm using Mediastream by Pilehave but I have the same problem with Blue3Wide

Raytestrak how exactly did you configure the plug-in ?

As I've only been able to recreate your problem in 1 specific way.

These are my findings:

For example if I have the following anime directories with episodes in it.

D:\anime\Bleach\*.avi
D:\anime\Naruto\*.avi
E:\anime\Death Note\*.mkv

And I add the Directory D:\Anime to the plug-in as my anime directory, everything works fine and Bleach and Naruto are shown.

If I add the directories D:\Anime and E:\Anime separately, everything works ok and all 3 series are shown ("Combine into one view with this name" is checked).

If I add the 3 directories separately (D:\anime\Bleach\, D:\anime\Naruto\ & E:\anime\Death Note\)and uncheck the "Combine into one view with this name", everything works fine. Although the series are listed in the main view.

However if I add the 3 directories separately and the "Combine into one view with this name" is checked, the episodes don't show up anymore.

As for running the video's in the background I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have one share on my server, called anime. I've added this as my anime directory and it shows all my folders, but it doesn't show any episodes. I'll try adding them seperately, but I have quite a number of series, so it's not a preferred option. I have an account at anidb.net, so that isn't it. With video playing in the backgound, I mean that I hear audio but mediaportal stays visible so eithet the video is in the background or it plays minimized.

slamdance

Portal Member
    July 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If that's the way you configured things it should work, but I think i found a possible cause of your series problem.

Did you copy the AnimeDatabaseV10.db3 file to the correct directory ?
    for Vista the default directory is C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database

If you didn't a AnimeDatabaseV10.db3 file of 8 kb gets created and the folder listings are empty.

There should be some errors in the mediaportal error.log on this as well.

2009-02-01 14:40:53.305206 [ERROR][MPMain]: SQLiteClient: AnimeDatabaseV10.db3 cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:ERROR detailed:no such table: FolderAnimeLink query:select * from FolderAnimeLink where FolderName='E:\Media\Anime\Death Note'

2009-02-01 14:40:53.306206 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception: SQLite.NET.SQLiteException: SQLiteClient: AnimeDatabaseV10.db3 cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:ERROR detailed:no such table: FolderAnimeLink query:select * from FolderAnimeLink where FolderName='E:\Media\Anime\Death Note'
    at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.ThrowError(String statement, String sqlQuery, SqliteError err)
    at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.Execute(String query)
    at AnimePlugin.AnimeDBSQLite.GetAnimeIDForFolder(String folderName)
    at AnimePlugin.AnimePluginView.HandleViewFolderFocusChange()
    at AnimePlugin.AnimePluginView.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.SendMessage(GUIMessage message)

As for the video's playing in the background, I have no idea what could be causing it. It sounds like a codec problem though, but if that was the case you should have had the problem before installing the addon.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    :oops: I had the .db3 file in the wrong folder. Got it working now, but I'm gonna stick to my tv-series for my anime for now. Just looks better, with the fanart, the layout, the resolving of episode names.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi lwerndly,

Some observation:

When selecting a different view than folder (changing e.g. to view:year) and using the back button from a lower level series folder you will end up in the folder view again and not in the selected one.
    (Using the ".." for return to higher level works, though)

Btw:
    The sorting if something is in "2008" or "2008..2009" seems not to work properly. I had several series (e.g. Gundam 00 S2) which are located in "2008" although they are running in '09, still

Cheers

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Playing an episode to the end, doesn't mark it as watched.
    Stopping the episode does mark it as watched. It doesn't matter if it's 1 second after the episode is started or 1 second before the episode ends.

Ok will take a look at this one.
    Also sometimes even when you stop it, it doesn't mark it as watched.

Got it working now, but I'm gonna stick to my tv-series for my anime for now. Just looks better, with the fanart, the layout, the resolving of episode names.

I will take a look at My TV Series and wee what I can improve in the Anime Plugin.

When selecting a different view than folder (changing e.g. to view:year) and using the back button from a lower level series folder you will end up in the folder view again and not in the selected one.
    (Using the ".." for return to higher level works, though)

Btw:
    The sorting if something is in "2008" or "2008..2009" seems not to work properly. I had several series (e.g. Gundam 00 S2) which are located in "2008" although they are running in '09, still

Cheers

Yeah the first issue is a long standing one which I will look at "soon".

The second I will have to think about as it was initially listed as 2008 by AniDB when your first downloaded the info. Even now it says "2008 to ???", which I may be able to translate.

BeeJay

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2007
    Casa del Bristow-Stagg
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sweet as!

He lwerndly,
    Just wanted to give an update on a problem I had previously which was the same as Raytestrak. It too made me give up on My Anime (only for a little while)

After installing the Anime plugin none of my series would display and whenever I tried to play a video it would play 'behind' MP.
    After following slamdance's advice (BIG THX MAN!) to put the DB in \Documents and Settings\All Users\...\MediaPortal\database everything worked! I had put the DB in \Program Files\...\Media Portal\database as per the readme.txt

Any chance of packing this in an MPI to make it easier?

I love the new additions. This baby gets nicer to use all the time!:D

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Got it working now, but I'm gonna stick to my tv-series for my anime for now. Just looks better, with the fanart, the layout, the resolving of episode names.

I will take a look at My TV Series and wee what I can improve in the Anime Plugin.

Your plugins gives way more info, but I just like the way my tv-series looks with the wallpapers and episode image from thetvdb.org. If you want I'll post screenshots to show you what I mean.

tgxiii

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2008
    First, off, I want to say that this plugin is great, and I'd like to express my gratitude.

I do have a feature request, though. I'm not sure how much effort it would be to implement something like this, but would it be possible to add in functionality to manually enter information edit the information downloaded from AniDB for each file? Reason I ask is for a specific dilemma I have with the series "Spice and Wolf." AniDB disregards the episode that was not aired on TV and considers it an OVA, so it's not in the sequence. Please take a look at the screenshot I posted.

My file names are such that the OVA is named as episode 7, but because of the way AniDB records the series it has that episode separately. It then names what should be episode 8 in the series as episode 7 and so forth. I'd like it to be included in the sequence though, so if I could manually edit the information that would be great.

This request will also satisfy a minor quirk that I have, which is that I prefer the English-translated title of the series (e.g. "Spice and Wolf" instead of "Okami to Koshinryo"), so if I had the ability to edit the downloaded information I could do that.

Since you mentioned taking a look at the My TVSeries plugin, maybe you can check out what they did over there in terms of this functionality. After the plugin downloads info from thetvdb, you can edit the information.

Attachments

• AnimePlugin.jpg
      AnimePlugin.jpg
      98.8 KB

ollin

Portal Member
    May 16, 2008
    I love this plugin, it's become the backbone for my entire media setup, *but* I'm having a little problem with the "Media Drop" function on the latest release.

I've the folder set up, the destination for files to be moved (if they didn't have a location in the database already), but it doesn't seem to be hashing or moving anything I stick in the drop folder.

Let me know what you'll need from me to debug this if you have time, but even without the drop function working for me, I love this plugin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom