My Anime plugin (1 Viewer)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Pafro1

Issue 1 - yeah the views don't work yet, just there as a placeholder. Want to get this going soon

Issue 2 - the disk hashing, and the AniDB work on separate threads. If the disk hashing is quick enough it will only logout when there are no more files left on the queue. This is handy sometimes, so if your net connection is off-line it will still hash the files, and next time you enter the folder it can just add all the files without hashing again.

The API requires that you log-off when you have no more queries to make.

Feel free to request any new features or report bugs.

pafro1

Portal Member
March 6, 2007
I see, I guess because i'm using a network connection its a tad too slow for the 'queue' side of things. Oh and not to mention i was using the High Res files so the files were double the standard sizes!

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Yeah it still has a few problems, as you will see ;-)

I also have all anime on a network share, and it is much slower hashing the files as it basically has to read every single byte to determine the ed2k hash. I would not recommend it over wi-fi.

pafro1

Portal Member
March 6, 2007
I have noticed when viewing a file it starts up in the background (I can head the sound) and then around 5 seconds later i get the picture. Never had any issues like this before on My Tv Series.

(Its accessing the file from the local PC)

Log

2008-02-13 15:56:26.675000 [Info.][MPMain]: g_Player.OnStarted() D:\Anime\Zegapain\Season 1\Zegapain - 01 - Entanglement.avi media:Video
2008-02-13 15:56:30.721875 [Info.][MPMain]: File: D:\Anime\Zegapain\Season 1\Zegapain - 01 - Entanglement.avi, iidMovie: 201
2008-02-13 15:56:30.737500 [Info.][MPMain]: idFile: 201, movieDuration: 1400
2008-02-13 15:56:30.737500 [Info.][MPMain]: g_Player: ShowFullScreenWindow switching to fullscreen video

theres about a 4sec delay before full screening the video.

Yeah it still has a few problems, as you will see ;-)

I also have all anime on a network share, and it is much slower hashing the files as it basically has to read every single byte to determine the ed2k hash. I would not recommend it over wi-fi.

Well maybe a A,B,or even a G but i guess an N wireless network would work somewhat decent.

Oh and another thing, what version of MP is required? I'm using a 2.3.0 SVN from mid Jan at the moment. I'm guessing min stock 2.3.0?

BeeJay

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2007
    Casa del Bristow-Stagg
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Awesome, can't wait to get a crack at this plug-in as MyTVSeries is getting a bit cramped and whilst they have a bit of info in tvdb.com, it's not quite like a dedicated genre db.

BIG KUDOS!!

CrashnBrn

Portal Member
    February 12, 2008
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just a heads up, I'm not sure if this will only happen to me, but in the configuration the user name is case sensitive. I needed to have my user name in all lowercase? Other then that it looks good so far.

Also I imported a folder containing all of Rurouni Kenshin (all three seasons) in the plug-in it only shows up to eps. 19. When I do a full scan it shows that there are 95 files found.

pafro1

Portal Member
    March 6, 2007
    Bit of an issue - when you watch something from MyVideos plugin, it adds it to the last watched list and then hashes it etc.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    pafro1 - not sure about the delay there, is pretty much instant for me. Will take a look though
    pafro1 - yeah I have only tested with the latest stable release (0.2.3.0)

CrashnBrn - do you mean you can only see 19 of the files in the folder? Can you see it hashing all 95 files?

pafro1 - re MyVideos plugin. I see the problem now, will fix this up

pafro1

Portal Member
    March 6, 2007
    pafro1 - not sure about the delay there, is pretty much instant for me. Will take a look though

This could be a codec issue for me maybe. I'll keep looking. Actually i have a pause on other files, but they show a black screen first, then the pause, then play. Maybe they fullscreen earlier then this plugin does?

pafro1 - re MyVideos plugin. I see the problem now, will fix this up

Excellent. I didn't think Die Hard was an recently watched anime. (I was using it to test for the above problem and discovered the bug.)

Also are you planing on releasing this onto Sourceforge so we can get access to the code and SVN releases? Or do you have other plans?

CrashnBrn

Portal Member
    February 12, 2008
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    CrashnBrn - do you mean you can only see 19 of the files in the folder? Can you see it hashing all 95 files?

I can only see it hashing 19 of the files. Could it be that I'm doing something wrong? They are all labeled correctly and show up properly in other plug-ins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom