My Anime plugin (2 Viewers)

tgxiii

Portal Pro
November 17, 2008
Devs,

It seems the <AniNameEng> isn't working for me, or I must be doing something wrong. I went to the configuration and set that parameter for the folder view, but when I run the plugin it still shows the romaji names.

Please see attached screenshots.

Attachments

• MAP_Config.jpg
    MAP_Config.jpg
    50.8 KB
  • MAP_FolderView.jpg
    MAP_FolderView.jpg
    46.1 KB

slamdance

Portal Member
July 9, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I found the reason for the hashing error: An ed2k hash is calculated by hashing (MD4) the file in chunks of 9500 KiB, appending the hashes, and hashing the result again. If the file is smaller than 9500 HiB however, you just hash the file.
Our mistake is that if the file is smaller than 9500 KiB, we hash the file twice (well, we hash the file and re-hash the hash).

I'll think I'll try to fix the other problem (of Ryõsuke) first, and release a version together with a fix for this ...

Thanks for the quick reply bert_r, great job on finding that error.
I checked the filesize of the other files giving problems, and they are indeed smaller than 9400KiB

Hi slamdance,

Can you show me how you were able to determine what hash this plugin is returning? I've been having the same problem with a lot of my files as well.

The DB Manager in the plugin itself shows hashes from files identified with Anidb.
So I searched this forum and found a topic that told SQLite Database Browser could read mediaportal database files.

Be carefull with manually editing the database, as it could cause corruption.

If you open your AnimeDatabaseV10.db3 with SQLite Database Browser, you should go to the browse data tab.
In the Browse data tab select the "Filehash" Table.

The Filehash table contains (among other things) the path to the files and the hash of that file.

You should recalculate the filehash with an external program just to be sure the file is indeed correct.

bert_r

Portal Pro
April 7, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Release 0.3.6:
  • FIXED: Improved error handling when connecting to AniDB
  • FIXED: Ed2k hash incorrect for files < 9500 KiB
  • FIXED: <AnNameEng> not replaced everywhere

Note that the connection handling in itself hasn't changed, I couldn't find the cause for Ryõsuke's problem. I have changed the error handling and logging, maybe we can find something with that info (and the plugin won't crash anymore)

Regarding the <AnNameEng>: That was a bit stupid of me ... I should have tested that better. The tag was replaced in file names, but not in folder names. Note that no tag was replaced in folder names, when you chose to use AniDB meta data for folder names, it always used the romaji name (so <AnYear> wasn't working either).

lwerndly: The incorrect Ed2k hashes could be a problem in the web service: all hashes of files < 9500 KiB will be incorrect. Maybe you should delete all hashes of files smaller than 9500 KiB?

Attachments

• AnimePlugin_036.zip
    30.6 KB
  • AnimePlugin_source_036.zip
    30.7 KB

slamdance

Portal Member
July 9, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanks for the fix bert_r, it works great.

I did encounter one little thing though.
The plugin doesn't rehash files, it only tries to retrieve data from anidb with the old hash.
There is a way to force the rehashing of the file by useing the re-process option, but it processes every single file in a directory. It's a waste of resources if it's only one or two files you want to re-hash.

It would be nice to have an extra option to only re-process the selected file.
Toggeling watched / unwatched for a single file would also be much appreciated .

bert_r

Portal Pro
April 7, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
It's quite fast after the previous release, but slamdance had a good point ...

Release 0.3.7:
  • CHANGED: Added a few extra options to the options menu:
    • Set selection watched/unwatched
    • Add selection to AniDB
    • Re-process selection

(Note: for the extra options you need to scroll down ... there only fit 5 items on one menu page)

Attachments

• AnimePlugin_037.zip
    30.6 KB
  • AnimePlugin_source_037.zip
    30.7 KB

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Release 0.3.6:
@lwerndly: The incorrect Ed2k hashes could be a problem in the web service: all hashes of files < 9500 KiB will be incorrect. Maybe you should delete all hashes of files smaller than 9500 KiB?

Done.

Also updated the web service to reflect version 0.3.7

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
So how does this plugin work exactly? I spent hours scanning my files the other day but I don't get a list of my shows. The only options that can get highlighted in the show list are the first two, Last Watched and New Episodes (IIRC), and the latter crashes my MP.

Do I have to make a separate MyAnimeList scan? When I go to the utilities part, there's a list of all my shows, saying something about MAL.

bert_r

Portal Pro
April 7, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
You shouldn't have to do anything special. Just define an anime location in the options, and the anime shows should appear.
Could you post your MediaPortal.log file? Maybe it's best to start a new one: rename the current log, restart MediaPortal, and make it crash.

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
You shouldn't have to do anything special. Just define an anime location in the options, and the anime shows should appear.
Could you post your MediaPortal.log file? Maybe it's best to start a new one: rename the current log, restart MediaPortal, and make it crash.

I can't post it right now, it's on a machine that has limited access.
In any case, wouldn't the solution with resetting the log also affect the scan of my files? That took me upwards of 6 hours and I definitely won't do it again :/

Next time I get access to the machine I'll try to get the log to post. I really don't know why it doesn't work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom