My Anime plugin (1 Viewer)

slamdance

Portal Member
July 9, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
bert_r It's no problem at all to add them to the next release, that way it stays visible once this forum thread is a few pages further.

As for trying to use them on another skin, it's something I haven't tested as I specifically made it for monochrome.

Monochrome uses 1366x768 as a resolution, so if anyone would use these files on another skin, that skin should at least use that resolution or the elements won't be in the right places.

Aside from that, the following files should also be present.
  • media\menu_slide_background.png
  • common.window.xml (title in the upper right corner)
  • common.time.xml (time in lower right corner)

EDIT:

Did a quick test with blue3wide, streamedmp and indigo.

Indigo
Works fine. (no surprise there as it's basicly the same skin with other bitmaps)

blue3wide
size: 1280x720
Placement of date/time is different and overlaps with other labels.
Labels overlap each other

generally just looks messy.

StreamedMP
size: 1280x720
Placement of time is in the upper left corner instead of the lower right.
because of the difference in screen width some elements the lists are a bit too long.

other than that it does seem usable. but the original skin files are probably better.

EDIT 2:
As I was testing the files in other skins I noticed I forgot to add the file "AnimeLastWatched.xml"
So I've updated the rar file in my original post, to include the file.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Yeah would be good if we can include those skins files as part of the original release.
I have switched over to the monochrome skin after looking at your changes.

Also taken the liberty of using your images in the skin for Anime v2 plugin.
This is how a very early version looks after I did a monochrome version skin

Snap1.jpgSnap2.jpgSnap3.jpgSnap4.jpg

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can't wait for the release! Looking great lwerndly!

Are you only going to include poster view or banners as well? A lot of anime don't have posters, but most have banners though.
    I love the encouragement to upload episode images as well (maybe you can include one for fanart/backgrounds as well?).

slamdance

Portal Member
    July 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    WOW lwerndly you weren't kidding when you told us v2 looked exactly like mp-tvseries.
    It looks absolutely stunning, can't wait for that release.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Nice, V2 is looking good. Will there be skins for StreamedMP as well?

Yeah streamedmp is very similar to monochrome so shouldn't be too much effort.

Raytestrak said:
    I love the encouragement to upload episode images as well (maybe you can include one for fanart/backgrounds as well?)

I am actually getting the posters from AniDB, so every series will have a poster image.
    Basically supporting List Poster, Wide Banner and Filmstrip layouts at this stage.
    I am not actually getting any data from TvDB automatically yet, but it does support specifying the fanart and banners manually for now.

Raytestrak said:
    I love the encouragement to upload episode images as well (maybe you can include one for fanart/backgrounds as well?)

Can't take any credit for that, part of the monochrome skin I think.

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    V2 is looking awesome ^^
    Any other neat feature you want to disclose to us? Maybe importing from removable media?

I haven't been working a lot to look into making it work for me though. Been busy, and I've also been trying to make the crappy tuner I got to work. I'll look into it though and see if I can guess what those paths in my log are.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    V2 is looking awesome ^^
    Any other neat feature you want to disclose to us? Maybe importing from removable media?

I haven't been working a lot to look into making it work for me though. Been busy, and I've also been trying to make the crappy tuner I got to work. I'll look into it though and see if I can guess what those paths in my log are.

No major new features, although I have put in support for removable media already (screenshots below)

Snap5.jpgSnap6.jpgSnap7.jpgSnap9.jpgSnap10.jpg

Most of the changes are around presentation.
    • The ability to manually create your own groups, as shown in the previous Full Metal Panic screen shots.
    • Automatic separation of normal episodes, ovas (specials), credits etc into a separate heirarchy
    • Ability to manually edit groups/series/episode information from config screen.
    • Watch automatically for new files
    • Consolidation of multiple files into one episode for presentation (shown below)

Snap11.jpgSnap12.jpg

I might get you to test the Anime2 and see if you still have the same problems.

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    Oh, that sounds awesome. DVD support! I'm thinking at least I could run the imports faster to test stuff. And in any case, it will already be a great addition to functionality. Because, to be honest, it's probably me who's doing something very basic very wrong v.v

You know, this plugin (along with maybe a couple others) is the only thing that gives me hope to stay with MediaPortal, as things are now. So know that your work is greatly appreciated :)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Here is something you can test with

1. I recommend that you just create a new folder and copy a few files from different series into it.
    2. Specify this folder in the config screen
    3. Start MediaPortal and select the "Run Import" option
    4. Select the "Utilities" option to see hashing/data retrieval progress

Send me the log file if you can't see anything after it is finished.

Notes
    • You won't be able to see anything in the plugin unless it can get data from AniDB
    • Only supports HD skins, blue3wide and monochrome
    • Blue3wide screen is a bit dodgy
    • Plugin has problems with any files with an apostrophe in the file name
    • Can run alongside the original anime plugin but you should use a different client port
    • A lot of the options and buttons don't do anything yet
    • The database is created automatically on first run. For future versions you will most likely need to delete the database file and start again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom