My Anime plugin (2 Viewers)

bert_r

Portal Pro
April 7, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
No, the mediaportal log file contains only logging of all events in the past (and exception logging too) for debugging purposes. I only suggested to start a new one because this file can become very large after some time, and posting that would be difficult ... and most of the file would be useless anyway.
The anime data should be in the database (AnimeDatabaseV10.db3), and would be unaffected.

Which Windows version do you use? The MediaPortal logfile is located in a different place on different Windows versions. In my case (Windows Vista), the logfiles where written to C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log.

It's also a bit strange that the processing of your files took 6 hours, or you should have done a lot of files at once: Hashing a file should take 10 seconds at most per file (it's an average of 6 seconds on my development machine - a P4 with 384 MiB memory) ... so 6 hours would be 2200+ files, is that the case?

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
My anime files are on a wireless LAN, on a different computer. That's probably why it was slow. Each file took a lot to hash. I went away while it did its job, came back a couple of times but still was on. Then when I came back at night it was still, with no processing message. But still the series weren't showing.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
My anime files are on a wireless LAN, on a different computer. That's probably why it was slow. Each file took a lot to hash. I went away while it did its job, came back a couple of times but still was on. Then when I came back at night it was still, with no processing message. But still the series weren't showing.

Any luck with looking at errors in the log files?

As bert_r said, you don't actually need to do any hashing to see your file list.

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
Hm...I got the old log file. Lots of stuff I don't understand, but that could be suspicious...

Code:
2009-05-04 01:48:41.265625 [Info.][MPMain]: Path does not exist: 
2009-05-04 01:48:43.453125 [Info.][MPMain]: Action.ActionType.ACTION_PREVIOUS_MENU:   Last Watched
2009-05-04 01:48:43.453125 [Info.][MPMain]: Action.ActionType.ACTION_PREVIOUS_MENU:   New Episodes
2009-05-04 01:48:43.453125 [Info.][MPMain]: Action.ActionType.ACTION_PREVIOUS_MENU:   New in Favorites
2009-05-04 01:48:43.453125 [Info.][MPMain]: Action.ActionType.ACTION_PREVIOUS_MENU:   Favorites
2009-05-04 01:48:43.453125 [Info.][MPMain]: Action.ActionType.ACTION_PREVIOUS_MENU:   Missing Episodes
2009-05-04 01:48:43.468750 [Info.][MPMain]: Action.ActionType.ACTION_PREVIOUS_MENU:   Completed Series
2009-05-04 01:48:43.468750 [Info.][MPMain]: Action.ActionType.ACTION_PREVIOUS_MENU:   All Shows
2009-05-04 01:48:43.750000 [Info.][MPMain]: No translation found for id 105918

That last line looks suspicious...As if there's something lacking in my interface.
I use Streamed for a skin, but I think I got the same from Blue Wide.

What should I look for?

Also, what I did just now is to make a MAL scan of all the shows, which appear all in the list called "series without MAL data". I don't get any change with this, I looked, though it still had a couple series to get.

EDIT: BTW, I live in Argentina so my Windows is in Spanish. That could explain the "translation" error? I get a similar thing with MP-AnimeSeries on config...

bert_r

Portal Pro
April 7, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I wouldn't worry about the translation message ... I believe that's MediaPortal internal stuff (not related to the Anime plugin), and the worst that would happen is some screen showing no (or an incorrect) label somewhere.

The easiest thing would be if you posted the whole log file (zipped), then we could examine it for any problems.
Maybe you could also include a few screenshots of the main view, 'all shows' view, and other screens you think are important?

lwerndly: Did you consider making the v2 of the plugin multilingual? Currently most (or all) the strings are hard-coded, but it would be nice if people could translate the interface to their own langage. I don't have any idea how to implement this, but it can't be too difficult ...

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
Okay, Bert_r. First thing I'll do when I get to play with the htpc system is delete the log and crash it so I can upload it here. I'm going to install a tuner card today, I hope that doesn't add too many errors on its own :p

About the views, I don't really get an All Shows view. Part of the problem is I can't get there. It's not clickable, as most of the options in that list...

slamdance

Portal Member
July 9, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MyAnime plugin - Monochrome skin

Although the provided blue3wide skin did work ok, I wasn't really satisfied with how it looked when used in monochrome.

So I've modified the provided skin files a bit, to match the look of monochrome more.
To be honest all I did was move the controls around a bit and resize them where needed.

The hover_my anime.png file had some white edges and floating pixels that where visible when used with the monochrome background, so I also cleaned that image a bit.

install instructions:
  • Copy the Monochrome folder in the provided rar file to your MediaPortal\Skin folder and overwrite any existing files.
  • As there are some new images, delete the cache folder in:
    ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache (Vista)​
    Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal\Cache (Windows XP)​
    This will ensure you’ll use the new images and not the old ones.
  • Now start mediaportal, and everything should be working.

Edit:

Before I forget, I found a bug while testing the skin.

If you access the anime info screen which doesn't have My Anime List info yet. and press the up or down key. Mediaportal will crash with the following error.
2009-05-09 15:52:43.429100 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at AnimePlugin.AnimeSeriesInfo_OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.SendMessage(GUIMessage message)

Attachments

• Anime home.jpg
    Anime home.jpg
    245.7 KB
  • Anime.jpg
    Anime.jpg
    387.8 KB
  • Anime Admin.jpg
    Anime Admin.jpg
    359.2 KB
  • Anime Options.jpg
    Anime Options.jpg
    345.3 KB
  • Anime folder view.jpg
    Anime folder view.jpg
    476.2 KB
  • Anime simple folder view.jpg
    Anime simple folder view.jpg
    464.7 KB
  • Anime info.jpg
    Anime info.jpg
    601.5 KB
  • Anime Character Info.jpg
    Anime Character Info.jpg
    553.9 KB
  • MyAnime Monochrome Skin.rar
    30.7 KB

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
Okay, update. I was able to access the other options on the main menu (namely All Shows) when I was playing with a new remote I got. That is, I could get there by using the down arrows.

Now, relating to the screens Slamdance posted, I notice I've never been able to get to the section where it shows the series with episode numbers and all, and much less the character screen with seiyus and all.

And I have a log to show you tech-savvy guys.

slamdance

Portal Member
July 9, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I've taken a look at your log file and as far as I can tell there is nothing out of the ordinary.

What I did notice is that there are 31 instances of "Path does not exist"
Are you sure the directories you specified in the plugin configuration are still accessible?

bert_r

Portal Pro
April 7, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
FdL: I looked at your log file, and there doesn't seem to a crash (there isn't even an error). I only noticed a lot of "Path does not exist:" messages. The strange thing is that there should be a path name after that (ex: "Path does not exist: c:\non_existing_path") ... so there is definitely something strange going on.

I noticed from his screenshots that slamdance also uses a network share for his anime files, and everything seems to work for him.

A few additional questions:
- What happens if you add an anime location on your local disk, and add some files in it (with a subfolder for each anime)? Do they show up like they should (after hashing)?
- Have you moved/deleted/renamed one of the anime directories?

slamdance: These screeshots look a lot better indeed (I'm also using Monochrome). Do you mind if I add them to the next release?
Also, have you (or anybody else) tried these modified files on other skins ... and are they better or worse? Should this skin replace the main version, or is it only for Monochrome?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom