Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm gonna try too if you don't mind :D

Does it need the default db like the old plugin? I'm not using the "old" plugin at the moment.

Edit: Guess not, because it's making a v20 db ... not filling though. Not seeing any action in the utilities screen as well.

So it's only specifying the folder containing your anime (which is on a mapped network drive in my case) and entering your anidb account right? Gonna try some more.

Edit two: fixed, mapped network drive was not accessible. Hashing is sloooooow :(

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    Okay, it was a success. It already works better than the other one, I guess. Here's the screens.

I didn't get to see the display for the series as shown in the previous preview of v2, I don't know if this is normal. All I could get to see about each series is in my caps.

The DVD import works very nicely. I just left a disc being imported while I came here to post.

By the way, the local HD import is much faster, it still takes time, but it's not as much as the network version.

Congrats on a great job, lwerndly! v2 is going to be it for me. I'll try testing it with other stuff.

Attachments

• screen 1.jpg
      screen 1.jpg
      44.7 KB
    • screen 2.jpg
      screen 2.jpg
      83.3 KB
    • screen 3.jpg
      screen 3.jpg
      70 KB
    • screen 4.jpg
      screen 4.jpg
      42 KB

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's working quite well actually :)

Got a few questions though:

I'm running it on my laptop, which has a slightly different setup from my htpc. Most importantly, my animes are accessible via unc share on my htpc, on my laptop the share is mapped (for the mpthumbupdater program).

- Is it possible to move the database to my htpc without having to re-hash everything? It's been running all evening and has only done 40 eps or so?

- Can I reorganize my series? For instance, I now have Zero no Tsukaima as one serie, but your plugin will show it as three different series. This is just one example, but I now have 30 series, which would amount to 40-45 with this plugin. Not a real big deal, but slightly more difficult to manage/oversee.

- Will there be a automatic download of banners/episode images/fanart?

- Will you support mediastream as well? I tried the monochrome files with it which sort of work, but the resolution isn't high enough on my laptop and I'm missing some menus.

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    I installed Monochrome and tried the files, but the program says it doesn't have xmls for animeplugin 2.
    So I still can't get to that nice view of the series which shows the plot together with the list of episodes and the cover. I guess I couldn't install slamdance's files properly :s Is any renaming assumed?

Raytestrak: I guess in fact seasons for most anime like with Zero no Tsukaima are actually series instead of seasons of the same series. I think that's what the group feature is for.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I didn't get to see the display for the series as shown in the previous preview of v2, I don't know if this is normal. All I could get to see about each series is in my caps.

Yeah like I said the blue3wide skin is not really working yet (it was working, but I have broken it since I switched to using monochrome)
    Also for monochrome only the List Poster layout is working to a reasonable standard

Raytestrak said:
    - Is it possible to move the database to my htpc without having to re-hash everything? It's been running all evening and has only done 40 eps or so?

You should be able to just copy the V2 database file over and it should work. I Haven't tested though.
    The hashing will be as slow as your network access.
    Basically it has to copy the whole file to create a hash.

Raytestrak said:
    - Can I reorganize my series? For instance, I now have Zero no Tsukaima as one serie, but your plugin will show it as three different series. This is just one example, but I now have 30 series, which would amount to 40-45 with this plugin. Not a real big deal, but slightly more difficult to manage/oversee.

Yes you can, but only by going into the database file at the moment.
    I will release an update soon which allow you to do this via the config screen.

The structure is as follows
    Group -> Series -> Episode Type -> Episodes
    e.g.
    Full Metal Panic -> Full Metal Panic TSR -> Normal -> Eps

However when you import it creates one group for every series.
    Once done you can go in and reassign multiple series to one group

Group/Series is the equivalent of Series/Season in mp-tvseries

Raytestrak said:
    - Will there be a automatic download of banners/episode images/fanart?

Yes but it is not done yet.
    You can manually edit fanart/banners/posters in the config screen now, but it doesn't yet support multiple images.

Raytestrak said:
    - Will you support mediastream as well? I tried the monochrome files with it which sort of work, but the resolution isn't high enough on my laptop and I'm missing some menus.

Will take a look later

FdL said:
    I installed Monochrome and tried the files, but the program says it doesn't have xmls for animeplugin 2.
    So I still can't get to that nice view of the series which shows the plot together with the list of episodes and the cover. I guess I couldn't install slamdance's files properly :s Is any renaming assumed?

slamdance's files are for version1 only.
    The file I attached has skin and media files for monochrome. You need to copy those into your monochrome skin folder

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    Oh, I probably missed that, as I tested it with BlueWide and installed Monochrome afterwards.

Also, what did you mean about having to change the ports of v2 of the plugin if they coexist? Is this in case they fire automatically to connect?

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Raytestrak said:

You should be able to just copy the V2 database file over and it should work. I Haven't tested though.
    The hashing will be as slow as your network access.
    Basically it has to copy the whole file to create a hash.

Ah, that explains it ... my laptop is wi-fi only :D
    It's no surpise then that copying and hashing 300GB of data takes a while.

Okay, I'll just install it on my htpc already ... and see what it lookes like on a REAL screen.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok here is another test version which lets you
    • Create/Edit/Delete groups
    • Edit series and reassign to another group

All done from the config screen.

slamdance

Portal Member
    July 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just couldn't resist trying out the new version of the plugin, and I have to say it looks really promising. I really like the direction this plugin is heading.

I'd have to say the hashing did seem a bit slower (only files located on the hard disk of the same pc), but it could just be my imagination.

It's a shame anidb doesn't have a fixed size for the poster images. As it is now images are stretched to the filmposter size. A good example of this is haruhi-chan, as it has a square image.
    It was something I encountered while making the monochrome skin for v1 as well, it made it quite hard to correctly place the different controls.

As most of the images have more or less the same resolution, there is always the solution to just edit the images manually when encountering a deformed one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom