My Anime plugin (1 Viewer)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
I'd have to say the hashing did seem a bit slower (only files located on the hard disk of the same pc), but it could just be my imagination.

Yeah hashing code is exactly the same, so that bit will not change.
However it does now get extra data from AniDB for each episode which will make it slower.

It's a shame anidb doesn't have a fixed size for the poster images. As it is now images are stretched to the filmposter size. A good example of this is haruhi-chan, as it has a square image.
It was something I encountered while making the monochrome skin for v1 as well, it made it quite hard to correctly place the different controls.

As most of the images have more or less the same resolution, there is always the solution to just edit the images manually when encountering a deformed one.

Once complete there should be an option to choose the default poster source as either AniDB or TheTvDB.
The latter should be more consistent.

Will also try and make it an option to keep aspect ratio in the List Poster view.
ie. fixed width but variable height

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
I have yet to test the grouping functionality, I'll do that soon though.

But I have a question on how this and other MP series plugins work.

These seem to be focused on importing individual episodes from video files. But how do they handle (if at all) a dvd with anime episodes? (either a commercial one or a self made compilation). I have several of those (especially of those overlong shonen series), and I was curious if I could have those imported.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
These seem to be focused on importing individual episodes from video files. But how do they handle (if at all) a dvd with anime episodes? (either a commercial one or a self made compilation). I have several of those (especially of those overlong shonen series), and I was curious if I could have those imported.

With V2 if it can't find a file on AniDB then you will be able to manually create an episode record for it via the Config screen.
If you go to the "File Manager" tab you will see a list of all the files that could not be matched on AniDB.

At the moment you can assign a file to an existing episode, but not create a new one yet.

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
Okay, so with these dvds I can tell the plugin manually "I have these episodes on this disc"? I'm talking of dvd-format content, not of video files, of course.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'll give test2 a go tonight. I'm trying to make a skin for mediastream, but I'm not skinner so it's not going really well but better than I expected. :D

I'll post some screens tonight.

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    Oh, cool, Raytestrak. I use Streamed and was wondering if I could just dump the xml files from monochrome into it and see if it worked.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Anime_v2 with MediaStream

Okay, this is what I've got so far.

I do have some problems though with my skinfiles (like I said, I'm no skinner, so basically I don't know what I'm doing) :(

My first atempt was making the monochrome anime2 skinfiles compatible with MediaStream, now I'n reorganising MediaStreams TVSeries into Anime2 which is easier, but gives me some problems

1. In every menu except the main menu, the wallpaper changes into the default wallpaper (The Burst Angel from the main menu).
    2. I can't get the posters to show in list view
    3. Filmstrip is broken altogether (crashes MediaPortal).
    4. It doesnt memorize watched status or the chosen view, it always starts in list mode.

lwerndly, how does the group organizing work? As you can see, I now have two Code Geass banners (and Three for Zero No Tsukaima and two for Bakuretsu Tenshi, and x for ... you get my drift). And can i manually add episodes? I have dvd's on my harddisk and mptvseries scans on folder/filename, so for instance, if I have Tsubasa Chronicle the movie as s00e01 it recognizes it as the movies since it is special (season 0) and episode 1 (which is the movies according to thetvdb.com.

Attachments

• Anime2_Main_Menu.jpg
      Anime2_Main_Menu.jpg
      139.9 KB
    • Anime2_Main.jpg
      Anime2_Main.jpg
      321.5 KB
    • Anime2_MainList.jpg
      Anime2_MainList.jpg
      219.7 KB
    • Anime2_Hidden.jpg
      Anime2_Hidden.jpg
      226.4 KB
    • Anime2_Hash.jpg
      Anime2_Hash.jpg
      111.5 KB
    • Anime2_Episodes.jpg
      Anime2_Episodes.jpg
      193.7 KB

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can't wait to get my hands on the v2.

Raytestrak:
    I am also using StreamedMP, but my Main Menu column is more to the right. Is this a special set you are using?

Cheers,

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can't wait to get my hands on the v2.

Raytestrak:
    I am also using StreamedMP, but my Main Menu column is more to the right. Is this a special set you are using?

Cheers,

Yhoogi, this MediaStream, not StreamedMP. Both are based on MediaStream by Team Razorfish for XBMC so they kinda look the same, but they aren't.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks;
    Didn't noticed it so far as I were quite satisfied with StreamedMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom