My Burner - now with Video DVD burning :) (1 Viewer)

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Egon,

well done!
    Would be nice if you could just write some notes, what feature are working, already?

Unfortunaltely I just get an error messsage in setup.exe when trying to hit
    the Click Me button:
    MyPicture76Small.jpg

I'm using theSVN from yesterday (06-18-2006).

Regards
    Ralph

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Ralph said:
    Hi Egon,

well done!
    Would be nice if you could just write some notes, what feature are working, already?

Unfortunaltely I just get an error messsage in setup.exe when trying to hit
    the Click Me button:
    MyPicture76Small.jpg

I'm using theSVN from yesterday (06-18-2006).

Regards
    Ralph

Hey Ralph,

Can you click on Details and tell post what is displayed? What happens if you click on Continue. You should have a DOS window appear which calls a command.
    And yeap...should have posted a status really :p

So.......
    The existing Audio CD is still working
    Video DVD burning code is added. With this I have burnt MPGs and DivX files onto DVD.
    In theory you should be able to burn DVR-MS files that you have Compressed to MPG via MP.......but for some reason I dont get audio in the DVD (even thought the input file has it)....currently investigating this.

Some rough times for you.....excluding the actual burning.
    1 hour MPG conversion time 20 mins ish
    AVI / DivX Same as AVI length

Apologies for the lack of output messages from the Plugin. Tried and failed to get some text in there......thought you folks would prefer a release :)

Egon

homez99

Portal Member
    May 3, 2006
    Yeah I got that message too, but if you hit continue you can continue to set it up fine so no big problem brother. Try the unexpected and live the dream.

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I think I got it, now.
    2. Make a new directory called Burner (C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Burner) and copy the contects on Support_Files\Burner into it

This path is hardcoded, I just used a wrong one. :roll:

But I get an error within MP, when trying to burn:
    Cannot burn this disc.

It's a DVD+RW blank. I used several times.

Need to do some more test?

Regards
    Ralph

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    The way I detect if a DVD is inserted it by using the code from the Audio CD side of things. Theres a guy at Microsoft who released a class to let you burn CD's (http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=2d7c26d1-8e05-4fd8-a868-cf794409a37e) and this is the code that Gucky used.
    So if there are any weird detections....afraid its nothing to do with my code :(

Ive thought about whether it would be better to use a common program for both CD's and DVD's (I use cdrecord.exe for DVDs) but the codes there and it works (for most ppl!)

Egon

Alvinder

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2006
    Thanks for the plugin.

I downloaded the files and copied the files as per the instructions.

When i go to the MP Setup--> Plugin

I am getting the error can't load the files.

These are the files that were copied from the bin directory to the MP-->Plugin--> Windows directory.

I am using 0.2.0RC4.

I might be missing something basic.

Please advise.

jcee

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2004
    BUG?

Might it be that there is a conflict between myburner and the MP integrated compression?!

I am used to "compress" from DVR to MPG using MP build in functionality.
    Yesterday I installed the burner plugin.

I went to the Mp compression screen, selected video and started the conversion. It went fine for quite some seconds, then it crashed.
    I tried 3 times with the same result. "Unhandled exception, MP had to be closed"

I deleted the myburner files under plugin/Windows and tried again.. Now I was able to compress 20 files in a row without any crash..
    What do you think?

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Alvinder said:
    Thanks for the plugin.

I downloaded the files and copied the files as per the instructions.

When i go to the MP Setup--> Plugin

I am getting the error can't load the files.

These are the files that were copied from the bin directory to the MP-->Plugin--> Windows directory.

I am using 0.2.0RC4.

I might be missing something basic.

Please advise.

Hi Alvinder,

What is the exact error message your are getting? Can you post a screenshot?

Egon

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    jcee said:
    BUG?

Might it be that there is a conflict between myburner and the MP integrated compression?!

I am used to "compress" from DVR to MPG using MP build in functionality.
    Yesterday I installed the burner plugin.

I went to the Mp compression screen, selected video and started the conversion. It went fine for quite some seconds, then it crashed.
    I tried 3 times with the same result. "Unhandled exception, MP had to be closed"

I deleted the myburner files under plugin/Windows and tried again.. Now I was able to compress 20 files in a row without any crash..
    What do you think?

Dont see how the built in compression code would know that the MyBurner code was there. Is anyone else seeing this issue?
    The MyBurner DVRMS handling code is being ditched in the next release anyway as im going to switch it over to use the MP internal code...which is supported by the devs.

Egon

Alvinder

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2006
    I am sending the error message that i am getting.

Thanks
    Alvinder

************** Exception Text **************
    System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\windows\madlldlib.dll' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.
    File name: 'file:///C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\windows\madlldlib.dll'
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
    at MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.PluginsNew.loadPlugins()
    at MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.PluginsNew.LoadAll()
    at MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.PluginsNew.OnSectionActivated()
    at MediaPortal.Configuration.SettingsForm.ActivateSection(SectionSettings section)
    at MediaPortal.Configuration.SettingsForm.sectionTree_AfterSelect(Object sender, TreeViewEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterSelect(TreeViewEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Micr

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom