My DVDs remake (2 Viewers)

yogiman_uk

Portal Pro
July 15, 2006
Manchester
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi

This is my favorite plug-in, it's brilliant. I do have one little strange oddity!

Once I have imported my 350 movies which went very smooth they all show up fine except the 1st title in the list never shows the Tumbnail of the movie until I move to the next title then back again, and then it shows it.... Very odd indeed.

I too am looking forward to being able to select my movies from the hard disk, this would be totally cool!

Thanks for all your fantastic work!

yogiman!

trosty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 6, 2004
    Zurich/Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    yogiman_uk said:
    they all show up fine except the 1st title in the list never shows the Tumbnail of the movie until I move to the next title then back again, and then it shows it.... Very odd indeed.

The same with me in list view - not a big problem (if at all), but really strange, you are right!

Everything else works perfect with the lastest updates, thanks again for that plugin 8) .

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Test version for play dvd button check the configuration where you may specifie the folder of movies and the type of movies, in the plugin the sort button not work(next time)
    Some idea how i change the name of plugin..... Wait some feedback.

http://www.geocities.com/dukus13ro

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    trosty said:
    yogiman_uk said:
    they all show up fine except the 1st title in the list never shows the Tumbnail of the movie until I move to the next title then back again, and then it shows it.... Very odd indeed.

The same with me in list view - not a big problem (if at all), but really strange, you are right!

Everything else works perfect with the lastest updates, thanks again for that plugin 8) .

pretty sure you're seeing a mp-wide bug, i've seen the same behaviour in music list views for as long as i can remember! :p

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    dukus said:
    Test version for play dvd button check the configuration where you may specifie the folder of movies and the type of movies, in the plugin the sort button not work(next time)

Feedback on plugin. I would suggest some additional text as to what the Format title checkbox is suppose to perform in the options tab. Maybe also what update movie database is suppose to do.

Mike

inta

July 12, 2006
    Australia
    My DVD's

Hello Dukus,

I have been testing the new version of your My DVD's plugin and found that dvd titles that have an illegal character, i.e. : will not play as the filename compositor in the plugin takes the stored dvd title as litteral.

Can you build a filter to remove the illegal characters from the dvd title for ifo file location string?

If you can do this then the plugin should work for all DVD titles.

An example of dvd's with illegal characters in their titles are

Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over
    Star Trek: The Motion Picture
    Star Trek II: The WRath Of Khan
    Star Trek III: The Search For Spock
    etc..

In all these cases, the illegal character is a colon :)) but it would wise to remove all illegal characters from the file location string.

This is a really useful plugin. keep up the great work!

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    mzemina said:
    dukus said:

Feedback on plugin. I would suggest some additional text as to what the Format title checkbox is suppose to perform in the options tab. Maybe also what update movie database is suppose to do.

Mike

I try to make some documentation on wiki http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/MediaPortalPlugins/MyDVDS feel free any one to contribute

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Dukus - Is there a chance to provide the "full description" of the plot when available? I see on the yahoo webpage for the movie "When Do We Eat?" http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809260460/info - you can see it after (...&nbsp) as shown here:
    Code:
    When one of the kids slips...&nbsp;<a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/movies/info/lnav/details/?http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809260460/details" style="font-size:75%;">See Full Description</a></font>
    I believe that any time the ellipsis appears you could jump to the following link and obtain that text and use it instead for the plot description and then vertically scroll it if it is too much to show.

Mike

robytex

Portal Member
    September 4, 2006
    I use MyDvd with Extreme movie manager and it works fine.
    But the EMM fields that it can import are few!
    It's possible to upgrade MyDVD so it could import some fields more?
    It will be usefull: MovieFile1, MovieFile2, Location, CustomField.....
    These are important field for a dvd collection.
    I cant use MPortal because can't import my 560dvd database.
    Any suggestion?
    Thanks for you work on this plugins.
    Robytex

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Wehen the plugin was maked EMM suport only cvs file format now a find new version with xml suport. if you have the mouvies stored in hd may try specifi the location in the plugin configuration

Users who are viewing this thread