My DVDs remake (2 Viewers)

Stigzler

Portal Member
November 13, 2006
First off, thumbs up to dukus for a good plugin.

Using Movie Collector. However, a bit through scanning, I get the following error:

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at GUIDVDs.MyDVDs.GetDVDsCollectorz(String fileName, String folderName) in D:\3\MY DVDS SCR\DVDPlugin.cs:line 1071
at GUIDVDs.MyDVDs.ButImport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\3\MY DVDS SCR\DVDPlugin.cs:line 844
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Looking at my MC db, it seems to bomb on a title that hasn't got a year (a null?). Is this what's upsetting it? Will I have to fill out all null fields (as there are a lot of null fields throughout db) or is there a work around?

Cheers.

knasen69

November 22, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Skin for widescreens. Please. :)

I'm woundering if its possible to get a skin for widescreen. It would be nice to have. Thanx for a great plugin......

Maybe I should tell you that I copied your skin in to "BlueTwo" and it works fine
But when I do the same on "BlueTwo wide" its doesn't look good..

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    I started using the new wide mce skin and it seems to work now! though I don't see My cover art all the info is there though, I'll have to to mess around with it somemore
    I wasn't aware until now that this plugin has been updated. I will update the skin file and add it to the installer by the end of the weekend.

btw, the new version of the skin did not include a skin file for mydvds, so you may be using an older version. Check the first post in the thread for a link to the updated skin.

MonkeyBall

October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Im Trying To Import My Dvds I Use Movie Collector v4.10 and MediaPortal-svn-Rev11867 and I Get This Error

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void MediaPortal.Util.Picture.CreateThumbnail(System.String, System.String, Int32, Int32, Int32)'.
    at GUIDVDs.DVD_DB.CopyThumbnail(String folder, String url, String name)
    at GUIDVDs.DVD_DB.CreateRec(DVD r) in D:\3\MY DVDS SCR\DVD_DB.cs:line 180
    at GUIDVDs.MyDVDs.GetDVDsCollectorz(String fileName, String folderName) in D:\3\MY DVDS SCR\DVDPlugin.cs:line 1082
    at GUIDVDs.MyDVDs.ButImport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\3\MY DVDS SCR\DVDPlugin.cs:line 854
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mst3kroqs

Portal Member
    August 15, 2006
    I also get the same error as Stigzler, but as far as I can determine this appears to be some sort of issue related to the number of items imported. The error occurs repeatedly after 536 objects imported (I have 800+), and just to verify, I 'sliced' my collection at a different point, and the same error occurs.

Hope that helps!

-m

zswman

Portal Pro
    April 23, 2006
    Mountain View, CA USA
    First off, thumbs up to dukus for a good plugin.

Using Movie Collector. However, a bit through scanning, I get the following error:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at GUIDVDs.MyDVDs.GetDVDsCollectorz(String fileName, String folderName) in D:\3\MY DVDS SCR\DVDPlugin.cs:line 1071
    at GUIDVDs.MyDVDs.ButImport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\3\MY DVDS SCR\DVDPlugin.cs:line 844

Looking at my MC db, it seems to bomb on a title that hasn't got a year (a null?). Is this what's upsetting it? Will I have to fill out all null fields (as there are a lot of null fields throughout db) or is there a work around?

Cheers.

I had the same problem, turned out to be some of the new movies I added that didn't have a release date in the Movie Collectorz database. I just group edited them and added a dummy date, and made sure other dates, media type, genre, etc., all had entries. All then scanned just fine.

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    In the xml file isn't file all field i try to fix this problem in the futures release .

Stigzler

Portal Member
    November 13, 2006
    Nice one dukus - are the null fileds in imdb causing the problem then? I would try and fill out all these but there are MANY.....

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    In Movie Collectorz database(exported xml) is the problem, not all requested field is filed ex. date. Try this dll, may help you.

Users who are viewing this thread