G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi dukus,

just stumble about your great plugin and tried it out with the latest stable MP release. I get the same error as the guys above:

************** Exception Text **************
    System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MediaPortal.Profile.Settings' from assembly 'Utils, Version=1.0.2546.32604, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    at GUIDVDs.MyDVDs.MyDVDs_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Any hint what to do?

:D so far

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    I recompile for latest SVN, download from http://dukus.extra.hu, must use MPInstaller, the site is in Hungarian, go to button of the page
    Sorry, but from now Stable version not suported

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah ok... then I'll give the SVN-Release a try.

The Installer looks nice and useful. It isn't meant to work with the current stable, too? Right? As it's also throwing errors.

Edit: Works fine with SVN now. :)

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another question: Have you checked for the latest DVD Profiler 3.x? They changed the xml-export at some points.

For example the actor-tag has changed:

V2.4:
    Code:
        <Actor>
          <FirstName></FirstName>
          <MiddleName></MiddleName>
          <LastName></LastName>
          <Role></Role>
        </Actor>

V3.x:
    Code:
        <Actor FirstName="" MiddleName="" LastName="" BirthYear="" Role="" CreditedAs="" Voice="(boolean)" Uncredited="(boolean)"/>

Therefore the actors of a movie aren't shown correctly in MP. Would be nice if you could split the DVDProfiler-Profile to 2.4 (still used by ppl) and 3.x.

best regards
    Wolf

JDD

May 14, 2007
    Multiple Discs

Hi there, Great plugin!

I am wondering though, how I could choose a "bonus" disc.

Example, dvd profiler has Underwold with 2 discs.
    Disc 1 - Main movie
    Disc 2 - Special Features

I have been storing my dvds on the hdd like this:

E:\DVD\Underworld\VIDEO_TS
    E:\DVD\Underworld\AUDIO_TS
    E:\DVD\Underworld\Disc 2\VIDEO_TS
    E:\DVD\Underworld\Disc 2\AUDIO_TS

How would I be able to make MP ask me what disc to play when I click the DVD Title?

If I change my dir structure to:
    E:\DVD\Underworld\Disc 1\VIDEO_TS
    E:\DVD\Underworld\Disc 1\AUDIO_TS
    E:\DVD\Underworld\Disc 2\VIDEO_TS
    E:\DVD\Underworld\Disc 2\AUDIO_TS

It pauses, then starts playing Underworld :evolution ( I assume it just searches until it finds the next folder name match)

Bjur

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2007
    I have installed Mydvd's and exportet my list from DVD profiler, but when I import the file in MyDVD it doesn't come with cover picture. How do I get that to work?

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have installed Mydvd's and exportet my list from DVD profiler, but when I import the file in MyDVD it doesn't come with cover picture. How do I get that to work?

In the configuration of the myDVDs plugin there is a tab (named options) which has a checkbox to copy thumbnails. The thumbnails come from the DVDProfiler.

EDIT: I found that there is a new version of DVDProfiler but the new website doesn't work for me. It appears I will need to transfer my DVD catalog into another free catalog program, because with this new version the new company is charging for the update, whereas InterVocative Software (previous owner of DVDProfiler) didn't charge for the free version.

r8td

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2006
    Great plug-in! Are there any plans to make it compatible with the stable release?

-Evan

In order for pictures to work you also need to link the setup to the to the images folder, i over looked this. It put it to the same folder as the xml file, but it needs to be changed to mydocuments/dvdprofiler/templates/default/images--- something like this I'm not sure of the exact folder you can find it if you look.

Users who are viewing this thread