My DVDs remake (1 Viewer)

pirlone

Portal Pro
October 21, 2005
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
i can't get it working with latest cvs for rc2 and ant movie catalog 3.5.0.2 (latest).
when i choose ant's xml file for import (DVD Catalog file), plugin returns error: Ivalid Catalog Format. 0 DVDs read.

the problem is that ant movie catalog have in his xml something like (pasted with real data):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<AntMovieCatalog Format="35" Version="3.5.0 (2005-05-29)" Date="10.2.2006 9:45:28">
<Catalog>
<Properties/>
<Contents>
<Movie Number="486" Checked="False" MediaType="DVD" Date="13.1.2006" Rating="6.3" OriginalTitle="The Skeleton Key" FormattedTitle="The Skeleton Key" Director="Iain Softley" Producer="Ehren Kruger (written by)" Country="USA" Category="Drama" Year="2005" Length="104" Actors="..." URL="http://imdb.com/title/tt0397101" Description="..." Comments="..." Languages="English" Picture="Covers\The Skeleton Key.jpg"/>
</Contents>
</Catalog>
</AntMovieCatalog>

and your plugin expects:

<CATALOG>
$$ITEM_BEGIN
<MOVIE>
<SLOT>$$ITEM_NUMBER</SLOT>
<OTITLE>$$ITEM_ORIGINALTITLE</OTITLE>
<GENRE>$$ITEM_CATEGORY</GENRE>
<YEAR>$$ITEM_YEAR</YEAR>
<DIRECTOR>$$ITEM_DIRECTOR</DIRECTOR>
<CAST>$$ITEM_ACTORS</CAST>
<PLOT>$$ITEM_DESCRIPTION</PLOT>
<REVIEW>$$ITEM_COMMENTS</REVIEW>
<IMAGE>$$ITEM_PICTUREFILENAME</IMAGE>
<RATING>$$ITEM_RATING</RATING>
</MOVIE>
$$ITEM_END
</CATALOG>

do i have to change ant's export xml format and how?

tx
viliam

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There should have been two plugins created (with sepperate names) instead of appears to be one. I believe dukus is working on the DVDProfiler version of this plugin. I'm not sure the Ant Catalog version of this plugin was ever upgrated for the new version of MP.

Mike

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

TimmyT

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2004
    Zurich
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi Villiam_r
    viliam_r said:
    i can't get it working with latest cvs for rc2 and ant movie catalog 3.5.0.2 (latest).
    when i choose ant's xml file for import (DVD Catalog file), plugin returns error: Ivalid Catalog Format. 0 DVDs read.
    I don't know if you have resolved your problem already, but here's a solution that might work for you. Apparently you tried to "save as...(xml)" your ant catalog, and that results the error you reported because the resulting xml file has the wrong format.
    Instead, you have to "export" your catalog, then choose the html format, type in the requested format in the right input field and hit "export" and set the file ending to XML. That should work (at least it worked with me).

Hope I could help you

Cheers, TimmyT

Gordonx42

Portal Member
    February 17, 2005
    This is a great plugin but I'm having a slight problem. I can get the Ant catalog database imported into MP, and the list and cover art appear in my MP menu. But...I can't get the details screen for each movie. I remember with the plugin in MP .13, when you selected a movie, you got a plot summary and some other info. Any suggestions?

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Recompiled My DVDs plugin. Download from http://www.geocities.com/dukus13ro/ or MEDIAPORTAL home page Download->Plugins->Video.
    Import collection from :
    AMC (Ant Movie Catalog)
    DVDProfiler
    eXtreme Movie Manager

Use:

Configuration->Plugin-> My DVDs->Configuration:
    Select the file what do you want to import, image folder and the type of file :!:.

If you want to import more that one file use ADD button.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Dukus,

really like the idea of importing movies from movie catalogues, but why are you using your own database and don't do the import into the MP Videodatabase itself?
    All information is already there and you don't need extra skins for your plugin.

regards,

Helmut

Gordonx42

Portal Member
    February 17, 2005
    hwahrmann said:
    Hi Dukus,

really like the idea of importing movies from movie catalogues, but why are you using your own database and don't do the import into the MP Videodatabase itself?
    All information is already there and you don't need extra skins for your plugin.

regards,

Helmut

Personally, I like having my offline movies in a different place than the online ones.

Users who are viewing this thread