My emulators and StreamedMP (1 Viewer)

e_razor

Portal Member
July 21, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
I've been browsing forums for xmls to use with my emulators, theres a couple of em posted on forums. But not having any luck with any of them, the xml that comes with StreamedMP for my emulators just displays a total black screen, the other one i tried displayed a background but no icons or text anywhere. Does anyone have a working xml for my emulators and StreamedMP?

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Should we manually edit the imagepath tag of the xml file? Why not ship a fixed version with StreamedMP or MyEmulators? :)

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hey guys!

I'm working on getting the StreamedMP skin of MyEmulators to look more like the MovingPictures part. But i only have 30 minutes of experience with MP skinning, hehe. Well, here's what i got so far:

myemuextq3.png

What's written in red is added in PS, and i wonder how to get them there, lol. Anyone who could help me out?

EDIT: I obviously want to move and fit the gamelist...

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Well, to be quite honest, i haven't been working on this at all lately, but i might just pick it up this evening. One problem is the coverart for SNES and N64 roms, which have a so-called landscape layout. Dunno about others which might have it, but it's a problem if i can't make a rule for each emulator/console. I think Cheekar has to add a sting in his code so we'll be able to select either "DVD" or "Landscape" coverart for each group, maybe a third group for "CD" (1:1) art.

But i'll look into it this evening, and priority the DVD-scaled coverart for now. I did accomplish a rather good layout last time, but i'll have to start over (Lost my data after installing Win7b).

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Well, i did start on this, and got a bit further, but there's still a lot of obstacles. I don't know which ID's or codes looking something like: #myEmulators.RomTitle for instance. So therefor i can't place the Game title nor genre there, and for some weird reason the stars (grade) doesn't appear when i allow overlays. I might be able to figure that one out, but i kinda left the project there. So basically what i need is:

#myEmulators.RomTitle
    #myEmulators.EmulatorTitle
    #myEmulators.Year
    #myEmulators.Company
    #myEmulators.Genre

(Those above are just examples on how they could look, i have no clue how they're coded, or if they are coded at all).

OR....I goud get the ID's which represent them, which i havn't manged yet.

But that's not all. Chreekar should define the menulevels in his code, because it doesn't look very well when the page where you choose emulators look like the page where you choose a game. Besides, there should also be at least to kinds of submenus that should be entered when you set up your emulator such as: This emulator uses "Landscape" or "Portrait" coverart format. In that way i could create two different submenus based on coverart layout.

I've been trying to reach Chreekar earlier, but i got no response.... So for now the skin is dead. But be my guest and nag him, this is important for any skin to to get myEmulators look good....

Theydon Bois

Portal Member
    February 20, 2008
    Fan art based emulator skin? Just supurb.....another bump to make sure its kept in the forefront of the (I am sure very busy already) skinners....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom