My Films 6.1 released ! (30.06.2014) - V6.1.0.3107 (MP 1.6, 1.7 & 1.8) (2 Viewers)

bwg

Portal Pro
December 25, 2007
Home Country
Skins fully supporting My Films 6.1
Default/wide (skin files provided in installer)
aMPed
Mod: Black Glass
Hi Guzzi, was just going to check out Black Glass, but found that I cannot install the latest skin version 2.8.1 on MP1.8. Do you need to use the svn?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yep, In Setup Wizard I have followed the steps to create a master setup and saved all the files to a directory on my NAS. I have then proceeded to add some sample files to the database and the master setup (my laptop) sees it all perfectly. I then move over to my HTPC and run the setup wizard again, this time choosing client setup and point it to the directory on my NAS that holds the myfilms.xml file. It then asks "Are you sure you want to copy remote config to local config" to which I say yes and then it says "Successfully copied remote config to local directory!" followed by "MyFilms Setup will now reload the updated MyFilms.xml config file" instant followed by "Cannot copy to local directory - cannot continue!". I've tried this with my Laptop as the master and the HTPC as the client and also the HTPC as the master and the Laptop as the client but nothing seems to work. I just can't figure it out
    Thanks, much clearer. @Guzzi will probably need logs. I'm not sure which ones contain the relevant info for network setup - in such cases I just check my MP log folder when I get an error to see which file(s) has been modified ;). Here is what I would check first:
    • On master - where you successfully created a config - press the 'Central Config' button, at the top of Setup, and check if the settings are correct/as expected(see Central Config in wiki for reference) - this should help determine if issue is in Setup Wizard
    • Is MyFilms.xml (config file) actually copied to\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal on the client as Wizard said at first?
    • If so, can you create a new config (Wizard - local setup) using it? Just to test.
    • If not, can you manually copy MyFilms.xml from master to client on the client (to check folder permissions)
    Checking the above might provide a hint what is causing the issue, if not we'll have to dig deeper.

Last edited:

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks @Dadeo

Central Config on the master is as expected. The MyFilms.xml is copied to the client when it says it is doing it and I can copy it manually so I don't think it folder permissions. The error is occurring when it tries to reload the file.

If I click central config on the client it is pointing to the right place but if I ask it to manually sync from server, I get the following error details:

"
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '13' is not valid for 'index'.
    Parameter name: index
    at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.GetTabPage(Int32 index)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.TabPageCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
    at MyFilmsPlugin.MyFilms.Configuration.MyFilmsSetup.MesFilmsSetup_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at MyFilmsPlugin.MyFilms.Configuration.MyFilmsSetup.btnFirstTimeSetupSyncClient_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    PluginConfigLoader
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/PluginConfigLoader.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    Core
    Assembly Version: 1.7.1.302
    Win32 Version: 1.7.1.302
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Core.DLL
    MyFilms
    Assembly Version: 6.1.0.3107
    Win32 Version: 6.1.0.3107
    CodeBase: file:///c:/program%20files%20(x86)/team%20mediaportal/mediaportal/plugins/windows/myfilms.dll
    Dialogs
    CodeBase: file:///c:/program%20files%20(x86)/team%20mediaportal/mediaportal/plugins/windows/Dialogs.DLL
    System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Web
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18446 built by: FX451RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
    System.Messaging
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Messaging/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Messaging.dll
    RestSharp
    Assembly Version: 103.2.0.0
    Win32 Version: 103.2.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/RestSharp.DLL
    System.Data.DataSetExtensions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.DataSetExtensions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
    System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
    Common.Utils
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Common.Utils.DLL
    Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
    Utils
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Utils.DLL
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    log4net
    Assembly Version: 1.2.11.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.11.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/log4net.DLL
    Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
    Win32 Version: 9.05.132.0000
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.dll
    Microsoft.DirectX
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
    Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.dll
    Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary.DLL
    ************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.
    For example:
    <configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>
    When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box."

Could this be the issue??

Thanks again.

@Guzzi let me know what you need to diagnose this issue.

Last edited:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Thanks @Dadeo

Central Config on the master is as expected. The MyFilms.xml is copied to the client when it says it is doing it and I can copy it manually so I don't think it folder permissions. The error is occurring when it tries to reload the file.

If I click central config on the client it is pointing to the right place but if I ask it to manually sync from server, I get the following error details:

Could this be the issue??

Thanks again.

@Guzzi let me know what you need to diagnose this issue.
    Hi Iceman, the error you werer describing in the initial post is caused by the copy failing - that is: Setup tries to copy the central MyFilms.xml config to the local MP config directory (same name). Can you please verify, if the central config file has been copied there or not - it seems there is something wrong, as the other error you mentioned points to a problem reading that config file. Might be also worth posting you central config file, so I can have a look at it.
    For testing: Could you please manually copy that config file to your HTPC (MP data directory) and then load MF setup to check, if the config can be loaded successfully.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Skins fully supporting My Films 6.1
    Default/wide (skin files provided in installer)
    aMPed
    Mod: Black Glass
    Hi Guzzi, was just going to check out Black Glass, but found that I cannot install the latest skin version 2.8.1 on MP1.8. Do you need to use the svn?
    Hi, unfortunately even svn isn't updated for latest MP version. We should remove BG from supported skins - it is there, because I use it personally (also with MP1.8) and thus the MF skins I provide are always up2date of course... If you want to try, you need to checkout svn and change manually the skin version so it can be loaded - but there are issues, e.g. in TV causing freezes due to missing control changes - but if you just want to check out the MF skin for it, that'll work fine.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country

Hi @Guzzi, I can verify that the file IS copied to the local config directory. You see the file appear but as you say, it then struggles when it trys to read said file and gives me all the errors. I will upload my file tonight once I get back to my machine. I have also tried to manually copy the file across which copies successfully but MF Setup doesn't seem to read it.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi @Guzzi, I can verify that the file IS copied to the local config directory. You see the file appear but as you say, it then struggles when it trys to read said file and gives me all the errors. I will upload my file tonight once I get back to my machine. I have also tried to manually copy the file across which copies successfully but MF Setup doesn't seem to read it.[/user]
    Hi Iceman, ok, so please post both files, the remote and the local one (because it seems you got an error during copy operation to make sure, the copied file is not corrupt) - will check them here is I can reproduce. Thanks.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    Hi @Guzzi, I can verify that the file IS copied to the local config directory. You see the file appear but as you say, it then struggles when it trys to read said file and gives me all the errors. I will upload my file tonight once I get back to my machine. I have also tried to manually copy the file across which copies successfully but MF Setup doesn't seem to read it.[/user]
    Hi Iceman, ok, so please post both files, the remote and the local one (because it seems you got an error during copy operation to make sure, the copied file is not corrupt) - will check them here is I can reproduce. Thanks.

HI @Guzzi, attached is the MyFilms from the Master setup which is saved on my NAS and also the MyFilms.xml that gets copied over in the Client setup. Hopefully you can see something that will identify the issue.

Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• MyFilms - Master.zip
      2.6 KB
    • MyFilms - Client.zip
      2.6 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    HI @Guzzi, attached is the MyFilms from the Master setup which is saved on my NAS and also the MyFilms.xml that gets copied over in the Client setup. Hopefully you can see something that will identify the issue.

Thanks for posting - I can reproduce it with those files - will come back when I had a look in the code (I know where it happens)...

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country

Thanks for posting - I can reproduce it with those files - will come back when I had a look in the code (I know where it happens)...

Thanks @Guzzi, at least I know its not something I've done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom