My Films 6.1 released ! (30.06.2014) - V6.1.0.3107 (MP 1.6, 1.7 & 1.8) (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, I’m a longtime MyMovies user. I’m also a former windows media center user using the MyMovies plugin for it. Now that media center is gone, I’ve been searching for a alternative.
    I'm also ex MyMovies user with WMC. Just to make you aware, MP2 has a WMC like surface skin I created: General Thread
    The importer should automatically detect your movies. The save way is to tag them once with tinyMediaManager, those tags can coexist to MyMovies tags.

Regarding your second question to make the importer compatibel with MP1 MyFilms, I believe that interest and capacity will be a huge problem :( But maybe you are lucky ;)

Tedketus

Portal Member
    August 23, 2019
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you for the suggestion I will take a look at that. I did see your skin when I was browsing the forums before I joined. I Its a really nice skin. I really miss WMC. Well it doesn’t hurt to ask. My films appears to be parsing MyMovies xml files. My Films is more than useful as it is right now. The reason I’m looking at MP 1.x is that it has a lot of plugins that would be very useful. 2.x doesn’t have much in the way of plugins.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    2.x doesn’t have much in the way of plugins.
    That's correct, MP2 has not many plugins. But I need to say, that MP2 has features offered in MyFilms/MovingPictures/MyTVSeries etc. already included. So it depends more on which features you need.

Tedketus

Portal Member
    August 23, 2019
    Home Country
    That's correct, MP2 has not many plugins. But I need to say, that MP2 has features offered in MyFilms/MovingPictures/MyTVSeries etc. already included. So it depends more on which features you need.
    Im reading as much as I can about both. One of the things I would like to have is YouTubeTv, Pandora, Netflix and amazon prime. Would any of these be possible by calling a installed app or accessing them through a web browser in kiosk mode? I want it to be seamless. One thing in particular is the use of madvr in MP1 that’s why I was mostly interested in it. Tiny media manager is very interesting and so is mkvbatcher. My tv series are already ripped to my server, and it will look at those folder structures and convert the streams to mkv files with no reduction in quality. I am going to get a Apple TV because I’m already in the Apple ecosystem and they offer those apps. I’m dumping cable and going ota and streaming. Id like to have it all in one box, but two with split/overlapping duties would be okay to avoid switching inputs often.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One of the things I would like to have is YouTubeTv, Pandora, Netflix and amazon prime. Would any of these be possible by calling a installed app or accessing them through a web browser in kiosk mode? I want it to be seamless
    There is an AppLauncher for MP2 to call external applications. There is also a Netflix and Amazon Prime feature in OnlineVideos. I've not used any of it, so better others comment or you give it just a try.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One of the things I would like to have is YouTubeTv, Pandora, Netflix and amazon prime.
    All streaming providers are handled through "OnlineVideos", which i part of MP2 or available as a separate plugin for MP1. However, the handling is often working like a web crawler and the constant changes by the providers break the functionality until it gets re-established by the SiteUtils owners.

YouTube, Netflix and AmazonPrime do work, although I fear that nobody currently "owns" AmazonPrime US - it works for AmazonPrime Germany though. "Pandora" is not included in OV2 today.

Tedketus

Portal Member
    August 23, 2019
    Home Country
    Thank you for the information. I think at this point I’ll keep MP2 for movies and music since it has a integrated player for dvd/Blu-ray’s and Apple TV for the rest of what I want to use. I found a link on here to a thread that someone on the Kodi forum patched MyMovies which now allows it to fully export metadata into nfo files, and MP2 can use nfo files. He was a former MyMovies/WMC user. Mp2 is hitting enough points for me to use it. A WMC skin is just icing on the cake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom