1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Films 6.1 released ! (30.06.2014) - V6.1.0.3107 (MP 1.6, 1.7 & 1.8) | Page 14

Discussion in 'My Films' started by Guzzi, June 30, 2014.

1. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

ltfearme Community Plugin Dev

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,161 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    @Guzzi,

I added a check for current user when scrobbling. If you want to test here it is. Sorry I did not add the mediainfo handling or test myself as I can't get my test env up :(

Attached Files:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Guzzi
    • Team MediaPortal

Guzzi Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +921 / 0
    @ltfearme - just did a quick test from scratch setting up with the wizard and can confirm I get the same error :-( - will have to debug, as the error line doesn't really help ... will come back here when I found something.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Guzzi
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +921 / 0
    ... fixed the issue you had - very strange - no idea, why this changed... in my test, setting up a sample movie catalog now worked as expected.

Attached Files:

5. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,161 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Thanks @Guzzi, it works now.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,161 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    @Guzzi, I ran a test with trakt sync and although I commit the watched / rating for a user it does not persist(or maybe it does persist but does not restore). It just returns that they are not watched or rated next time I sync. The username matches the configuration.

EDIT: I found this in the myfilms log:
    Code (Text):
    2. UpdateMovies() - Trakt updates are for user 'ltpower', but current MyFilms user is 'Default' - no direct updates to DB fields - only updating MUS!
    Why does it think my user is Default and not ltpower ?

Attached Files:

• SampleMovies.xml
      File size:
      116.3 KB
      Uploaded:
      October 9, 2017
      Views:
    • MyFilms.log
      File size:
      5.5 KB
      Uploaded:
      October 9, 2017
      Views:
    • Trakt.log
      File size:
      200 bytes
      Uploaded:
      October 9, 2017
      Views:
    • myfilms.jpg
      myfilms.jpg
      File size:
      228.1 KB
      Uploaded:
      October 9, 2017
      Views:
    Last edited: October 9, 2017
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,161 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    @Guzzi, a few other things worth mentioning whilst im updating the MyFilms handler. With MediaInfo resolution I have mapped what I can from your fields but I have assumed all video is progressive. Are you able to add a field for whether or not a video file is interlaced e.g. IsInterlaced. I can then use that field to correctly send the video resolution to trakt e.g. 1080p vs 1080i. No big deal if you don't add it, its more for completion.

Another thing I noticed was that if I use the trakt configuration UI to do a sync as opposed to with-in the MediaPortal GUI automatically, the myfilms handler can't complete because of this error:
    Code (Text):
    2. [ERR ] [Sync][03]: Error synchronising library, Plugin = 'My Films', Error = 'The type initializer for 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIGraphicsContext' threw an exception.'
    I haven't tracked down which line it's throwing the exception but im assuming when 'BaseMesFilms.GetMovies(ref myvideos);' is called. As i mentioned this works fine with-in the MediaPortal GUI context but not configuration. Its again not critical or anything, its probably always done this and I just noticed now. Worse case, MyFilms users will not be able to sync from config tool.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Guzzi
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +921 / 0
    I think you mixed the "profile name" - which is simply the name of the config setup with the user name. The username for updating is found on the update tab - activate MUS and write your name in "active user profile name".
    The active user name can also be changed from the GUI: left menu, options, global settings, choose user profile.
    It is of course also still possible, that there is bugs remaining after changing the MF user name handling after trakt multi user feature was removed, but please try setting that profile first and tell me if that works.

THis means, that the current "Default" user will not see any changes - however, the changes sent are still persisted for the user ltpower - so if you switch the user within MyFilms to ltpower, you should see the states. When we had multi user user support, MyFilms supported existence of multiple trakt users - plus local users wihtout trakt. Theoretically, if trakt would have supported parallel user logins, changes from all active trakt users would at any time be synced into MyFilms multi user fields - regardless of which user is currently active in the GUI - so if you switch from person a to person b, all would be there. afaik we newver supported more than 1 active trakt user at the time .... BUT: If you had a central config setup, you could have logged in user a on PC-1 and user b on PC-2 - thus all changed would run into the MyFilms multiuser states. In the past, when switching the MyFilms user, the active trakt user was also changed - we lost this with latest API, thus we still can switch uisers within MyFilms, but Trakt will always stay on the one and only one configured user. Thus e.g. scrobbling should only happen, if the user matches - but we can still write updates from trakt to MyFilms, even when MyFilms is currently active with another user name.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Guzzi
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +921 / 0
    Unfortunately, this information is currently not persisted within the DB schema - I would have to extend it. Will keep it in mind when I will touch the schema next time.

I will have to debug this - or at least run it with debug version, so I get a stack trace and a hint where this is happening.
    From memory, I thought, those calls should run without references to GUIGraphicsContext ...
    Edit: Did a quick test and could not reproduce it - will need more time for setup on dev machine I think ...

10. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,161 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    @Guzzi,

Im getting there, I've encountered another road block. It looks like my database is locked, and can't see a way to disable it.
    Code (Text):
    2. 2017-10-13 11:14:54,129 Debug [ 13 | MyFilmsDetail ]: GlobalLockIsActive() - No Global Lock detected ! (DB-Config: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MyFilms\Catalog\SampleMovies.xml')
    3. 2017-10-13 11:14:54,148 Debug [ 13 | MyFilmsDetail ]: SetGlobalLock() - successfully created global lock ! - C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MyFilms\Catalog\SampleMovies_MONSTERPC.lck
    4. 2017-10-13 11:14:54,171 Debug [ 13 |  BaseMesFilms ]: UpdateMovies() - Updating Field 'CategoryTrakt' from '' to '' - MovieID = '18', Movie = 'Blade Runner' (1982), IMDB = 'tt0083658', Watched = 'True', Rating = '8.2', RatingUser = '-1', CategoryTrakt = ''
    5. 2017-10-13 11:14:54,187 Debug [ 13 |  BaseMesFilms ]: UpdateMovies() - failed saving data to disk - Catalog = 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MyFilms\Catalog\SampleMovies.xml' - reason: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   at MyFilmsPlugin.BaseMesFilms.UpdateMovies(String config, List`1 movielist)
    6. 2017-10-13 11:14:54,203 Debug [ 13 | MyFilmsDetail ]: RemoveGlobalLock() - removed global lock ! - C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MyFilms\Catalog\SampleMovies_MONSTERPC.lck
    7. 2017-10-13 11:14:54,203  Info [ 13 |  BaseMesFilms ]: UpdateMovies() - Movie Database locked on try '1 of 10' to write, waiting for next retry

Attached Files:

• MyFilms.log
      File size:
      19 KB
      Uploaded:
      Friday
      Views:
    Last edited: October 13, 2017 at 09:47

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

• About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Like Us On Facebook

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!