My Keys Plugin (2 Viewers)

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Click here to download.

If enabled, this plugin adds some keyboard shortcuts for jumping directly to the following screens:

Home
TV
TV Fullscreen
Movies
Movies Fullscreen
Music
Pictures
Guide
Radio
Teletext
Teletext Fullscreen
DVD (disabled for now)
Weather

Copy the DLL into your plugins/process-folder, open Configuration.exe, enable the plugin "My Keys". Click on configure to get a list of currently supported keys.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

History:

MyKeys_0503030840
===============
- DVD key temporarily disabled
- Sound events added

MyKeys_0503022248
===============
- initial release

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A

Anonymous

Terrific. I'll check this tonight. If it does what I hope it will make my little remote control project very easy.

I'm looking to implement a remote using OmniRemote to run on an old Visor Prism PDA. The idea is to create a set of screens on the PDA tha track these controls on MP so that the PDA remote control is context sensitive and tracks MP functions.

A

Anonymous

mPod

I got to try it sooner that I expected. With the exception of the DVD selection "d" things seem to work fine. All the keys except "d" go to where the configurator says they will.

The "d" does not take me anywhere. If I am already in "My Videos" then "d" recycles the display. Other than that "d" does not appear to do anything.

But overall its terriific. Using USBUIRT with Girder I should be able to get my PDA remote working in short order. Thanks for a useful tool.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Yeah, just noticed the DVD bug. It need's some more lines of code for now to jump to DVD, I think. I'll remove this key combination tomorrow temporarily, until I fixed that one.

|Lars|

Portal Member
September 21, 2004
Germany
Wow thats Great!!!

It would be Teriffic if you can Configure the Plugin to make Shortcuts to every Part of the Main Menue.

CU

Lars

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Small update (see above).

Well, I don't think that it makes sense to jump to each and every little corner of MP. You're quite fast out of keys then, as not all keys can be used. There are other issues why this would not make any sense. Take a look at your keymappings in MP, you can do a lot there. This plugin should be an addition, not a replacement for MP's action handler.

But despite of this, if you can't live without a certain key, tell me and we'll see if it makes any sense.

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
It seems to take quite a long time to switch to the desired selection (enough to make me wonder if it's actually worked, and press the button again). Is this a limitation of the way it's implemented, or is there a way to speed this up ?

When I mentioned other areas I was thinking of the Search on the myTV. The reason I say this is because the iMon RSC remote has a Find button and I thought I could map it to that menu. However on second thought, I mapped it to the EPG. However, what would be a nice feature would be to combine the Search and EPG into one screen, or at least allow you to search the EPG from the EPG screen. But I guess that is a feature request, and not part of your plugin.

|Lars|

Portal Member
September 21, 2004
Germany
AllenConquest said:
It seems to take quite a long time to switch to the desired selection (enough to make me wonder if it's actually worked, and press the button again). Is this a limitation of the way it's implemented, or is there a way to speed this up ?
Uh.. i have no problem with this.. i hit "i" and the same second i'm in My Music.

CU

Lars

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom