My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galileo

Portal Member
February 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I may very well be completely missing it, but is there an option to fast forward 5 seconds like winamp does if you press the left/right arrow?

I noticed several people commenting on the playlist features, but it would be very nice indeed to enhance those features. The current playlist features could do with queueing from within the music browser (so you can queue an entire folder/album or even a single music file.

Anyway, MP is looking verry promising!

NorthernJohn

Portal Pro
January 31, 2006
Hopefully on my bike.
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Galileo said:
The current playlist features could do with queueing from within the music browser (so you can queue an entire folder/album or even a single music file.

You can do the above...

If using the MCE remote, yellow button > add to playlist will do this. Keyboard = F9 (maybe :? , still quite new to this myself) or right click with the mouse.

It's on the context menu basically.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Lyxalig said:
    Thanks for the prompt answer Steve.

I find My music behaving "odd." Do you have good answers/tricks/tips for creating a good looking "sollution" for my ~700 albums?

I have coverart as folder.jpg files in all of my albums, but they don't show up in the "database"-views.

I would like to get all the extra eyecandy as well, am I correct in assuming that:

- If I select my main share (the folder "music" that contains all albums), and press F9, MP will search through the entire folder and download coverart (info?) for every album, and It is going to appear in the "database"-views?

I am also wondering; The views don't "stick".

The following example outlines what I'm after:

- I would like to select a "startup"- view (I'm not sure if this is allready implemented.)

- The views should look like this.

• Category "Artist" - "List"-view no thumbnails.
      [list:527c59152b]When choosing an Artist arrange albums in "filmstrip" or "Big Icons"-view.
      When choosing an album arrange songs in "list"-view.

Category "Albums" - "Small Icons"-view.
    • When choosing an album arrange songs in "list"-view.
    [/list:u:527c59152b]

...and so on....

now the wievs don't stick as I find it reverting my choices as I reenter an album/artist/share..

Best regards Lyxalig

IIRC, when in one of the database views My Music pulls album art from the music\thumbs folder. The cover art grabber saves album art to the thumbs folder as artist-albumname.jpg and optionally, to the album folder as folder.jpg.

Yes, doing a find coverart on a folder or share will attempt to find coverart for all albums contained within the share or folder. Note however, that this in not an automatic process--you will need to select the desired image from the results. You can skip the album if none of the returned results are correct. Likewise, you can set an option to skip albums that already contain cover art images.

Regarding "Views"; have you tried setting up how you want the various views configured from within MP's configuration.exe app? The settings you're looking for are under Music-->Music Views ;)

Steve

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Galileo said:
    I may very well be completely missing it, but is there an option to fast forward 5 seconds like winamp does if you press the left/right arrow?

I noticed several people commenting on the playlist features, but it would be very nice indeed to enhance those features. The current playlist features could do with queueing from within the music browser (so you can queue an entire folder/album or even a single music file.

As NorthernJohn indicated; <F9> (or right-click) the share, artist, album, or track and select "Add to playlist" from the popup menu to queue the songs.

Steve

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Teaser: coming soon - re-orderable playlist with item delete...

mp_orderablelist.png

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Looks great. I assume this will work in "party shuffle" mode as well? I have always wanted to be able to reorder and delete songs more than just promoting a song to be played next when in this mode.

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    jawbroken said:
    Looks great. I assume this will work in "party shuffle" mode as well? I have always wanted to be able to reorder and delete songs more than just promoting a song to be played next when in this mode.

Hmm, I think if you order your playlist then it's no real shuffle mode anymore. Then you could try the normal playlist mode... Though I think some good management is already possible in party shuffle now. If you don't like the next song, you can kick it out of the list. Do so until you have a song you want and you have your ordering ;-)

Maschine

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I didn't mean like putting them in order so much as deleting the songs I don't feel like listening to.

EDIT: That may be possible now, but I haven't figured out how to do it yet.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    FYI: the re-orderable playlist changes have been committed and are in the latest CVS snapshot.

jawbroken,

Yep, work in party shuffle mode as well.

Steve

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    Steve your doing some amazing work! The new features feel so at home with MP, it would be hard to imagine it without them. The Music section is becoming very powerful indeed.

One area that could maybe benfit MP as a whole still is getting the thing setup & configured. I've just sat down with a non user trying to setup their box, and they just didn't get it! Having seen mine working, they had fell in love originally.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom