My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
dont' suppose the problem with fullscreen vis being a low resolution has been resolved?, seems as tho the fullscreen is just scretched thumbnail view instead of true fullscreen if that makes sense

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
I found a small issue with My Music in a recent CVS release (not sure if it has been fixed yet). For some reason I can no longer scan for cover art for one of my shares (I only get the Menu options Scan and File menu). The other share comes up fine with the correct menu. Previously I could scan the same share just fine.

Also, this issue exposed another small bug. When I was going through this share scaning each folder for coverart separately, MediaPortal got "stuck" in the Music screen, pushing escape would go nowhere. I figured out that whenever you scan for coverart and then return to the share view it seems to add the share view to the "stack" that you then have to reverse through when pressing escape. For example, if I scan for cover art once, I need to press escape twice to get back to the Home screen. If i scan for cover art twice, I need to press escape three times. Eventually, I presume, I filled up the stack and thus was unable to get out of the Music plugin at all (not sure how deep the MediaPortal previous screen stack is) and pressing escape would do nothing. I had to Alt-F4 out of MediaPortal and restart it to get to Home.

Neither are a big deal, but I thought you might like to hear about them.

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    To make the Now Playing view easier to get to - i've done this mockup:
    MyMusic.jpg

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

I second LordMessi's suggestion. ;)

Kind regards,
    Michel

kamrat

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I agree! After the recent improvements of My Music I have tried to start using it instead of WMP but I get lost lots of the time and my girlfriend thinks it is very hard to find her way around the interface. This is a good and well needed improvement. Go for it!

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Seveni said:
    It would be nice to see the playlist that's currently playing in Now playing view and also in album/folder/artist/etc view. I played around with latest CVS My Music add it's making sense in many ways, but I was missing the info which playlist I had activated.

paloema said:
    Somewho with an idea of how to get different covers for each .mp3 in one folder? That would be great because i have several folders with different tracks from different artists and at the moment i only see the "No cover available there".

Is there a way except make a folder for every song?

EDIT: I have a suggestion of how to solve this:

How about to get a coverart from thumbs/music/artist if there is no folder.jpg in the folder? This would be great. Then you just have to place pictures of the artists in the /artist and get your mp3-tag ready and everything would work great...
    So everytime there is no folder.jpg there would be a lookup at thumbs/music/artist if there is a artist.jpg in and then show this jpg

Would be great, if this can be integrated...

knutinh said:
    A small (and perhaps easy?) suggestion:
    If I insert an audio CD, the regular menu shows the filename, track01.cda or something.
    The "now playing" shows no information.

I guess it would be easy to make the now playing display that filename?

regards
    Knut

I'll add these to the list. Thanks for the suggestions.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Acteo said:
    Acteo said:
    Hello,
    It is good to see a developper is interested in My Music !
    I have 2 minor bugs (still bugs !) posted here :
    http://mediaportal.elite-squad.net/forum/showthread.php?t=381
    http://mediaportal.elite-squad.net/forum/showthread.php?t=382
    Would you please have a look ?
    Thanks

1st bug is now ok (thanks to last CVS) : coverart are diplayed in album view.
    2nd bug is still a bug.

Added to the list -- thanks.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    NightmareRambo77 said:
    dont' suppose the problem with fullscreen vis being a low resolution has been resolved?, seems as tho the fullscreen is just scretched thumbnail view instead of true fullscreen if that makes sense

Nope it's still an issue. Details here

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom