My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
Steve V no activity in nearly 2 days in this thread, I'm almost disgusted :p

Sorry guys, just had to keep this my music thread near the top as it is one of the best in depth development topics we've had in ages.

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
I saw frodo did some work on MyMusic these days, fixing some bugs. At least that's what written in changelog :

# MediaPortal mymusic:
On 13/03/2006 [20:45:29] _Frodo_ added the following change: fixed 0000657: Itunes plays in it's own order, not in the order of MP

# MediaPortal MyMusic:
On 13/03/2006 [19:46:17] _Frodo_ added the following change: fixed 0000656: Auto shuffle playlist on load is not working

# MediaPortal mymusic:
On 13/03/2006 [19:27:17] _Frodo_ added the following change: fixed 0000655: Saving playlists generates an empty file with only #extm3u in it

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi SteveV,

hopefully the busy days are over :D , so I can make a request which has been made some month (years?) ago (not in this thread, as far as I can remember):

can you make it possible to burn an audio-cd from playlist? It should be possible with Gucky's burner-plugin. The playlist should be limited to 79 Minutes to fit on a cd-r.

Would be great, if you can manage it :D

eagle

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Steve, I was told you made the Now Playing section?

Got a question.
    The skin id's 9 and 10 are hardcoded the playtime and duration.
    Why not use the allready available tags #currentplaytime and #currentremaining ?

These r allready used in different parts of MP (in B2 for the tv osd and video osd) this would make it more consistent.

I wanted to change this myself but as the tags r hardcoded now MP crashed when these 2 r missing (id 9 and 10)

Hope to talk to ya soon about it.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    MrMario64 said:
    Steve, I was told you made the Now Playing section?

Got a question.
    The skin id's 9 and 10 are hardcoded the playtime and duration.
    Why not use the allready available tags #currentplaytime and #currentremaining ?

These r allready used in different parts of MP (in B2 for the tv osd and video osd) this would make it more consistent.

I wanted to change this myself but as the tags r hardcoded now MP crashed when these 2 r missing (id 9 and 10)

Hope to talk to ya soon about it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll make the change when I get home from work.

jw

Portal Pro
    March 18, 2006
    thanks

i've been followin MP for a couple months now, and i want to say thanks to SteveV for the work he's put into the music plugin.

It's swayed my choice from mythtv to a windows based MC.

THANKS!

Rene.71

Portal Member
    January 10, 2005
    Vlaardingen
    Would it be possible to load the available WMP plugins while playing music through the WMP engine ?

Right now i'm using winamp as player, because that way the (winamp) volumelogic plugin gets loaded. I also have the WMP version available, but that won't load through mediaportal.

Since the WMP visualizations get loaded, it might as wel be possible / just as easy to load the other plugins.

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    Hey Steve - a quick suggestion:

when you're in database views, and click play on anything that's not an album (ie, artist, genre, etc), the playlist is sorted alphabetically. Since that basically results in a random playlist anyway, can you make it shuffle this list? That way, if i hit play on an artist or genre it will start randomly playing songs from them, instead of always playing the same (basically random) order which it is now? :)

PHN2

Portal Member
    September 12, 2005
    Denmark
    Hi.

Searched many threads but got directed this way:

Does MP fully support .ape files? My tags shows up fine the first time entering the folder, but afterwards all files within folder shows up as "unknown". Any pointers?

Great work on my music!!!

Regards, Per.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom