My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Efros

Portal Pro
January 23, 2006
Maine
Home Country
England England
Would like to be able to fix the view option such that once set it can be locked. Can't tell you the number of times I scan through list, icons, big icons and filmstrip!

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Would like to be able to fix the view option such that once set it can be locked. Can't tell you the number of times I scan through list, icons, big icons and filmstrip!

YEAH! I second that!
    You can set it via config for the complete share but I myself use it a little different - like:

list view of genre
    -> list view of artists
    --> filmstrip of albums
    ---> icons of songs

weeb

Portal Member
    April 24, 2006
    i would love to be able to set default views on mymusic. For example i would love to be able to set the view on a certain directory (my albums directory) to icons then have every directory below that set to list. This way when are viewing all the albums you have nice icons of the album art but when you go into an album directory you will have a nice clean list of all the songs on that album (in that directory). I would also love to be able to get rid of the view button in my music, that way you can setup all the views that you like on all your directories and you wont change any of them by accident (or no one else will change them for that matter).

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yeah, I also only use this buttons to get back to the non-saved layout again ;-)

Molokoids

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2004
    Anyone have an idea how to get back the "Sort by" times played. The Top 100 view is not usable right now.

mickusdickus

May 1, 2006
    Brisbane, Australia
    folder.jpg

Hi...

Still have Meedio installed but have now discovered MP and like everyone says, it's looking very impressive. I have one .jpg file in each album folder and in Meedio, it displayed the album art, irrespective of what it was called. In the config prog, you just told it to look for .jpg and it displayed the first one it found...subsequently, I have very few that are actually called "folder.jpg". I know there are lots of people who want it displayed in different ways, ie...front cover, back, etc...but is it possible to also have a default option, so that it will just display any .jpg file it finds in the folder and not just folder.jpg?

I have read all 24 pages of this thread and can't seem to find an answer...

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: folder.jpg

mickusdickus said:
    but is it possible to also have a default option, so that it will just display any .jpg file it finds in the folder and not just folder.jpg?
    Are you asking if MediaPortal has this default option available somewhere now (it hasn't...) or are you asking if this feature can be added as an option later (added to the "list of things to do"...).. :?

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Molokoids said:
    Anyone have an idea how to get back the "Sort by" times played. The Top 100 view is not usable right now.

I´d like to have this fixed, too since it is one of my favourite views.
    Posted it in the bugs forum a month ago but just realized, Molokoids posted this issue already in October, 2005.

It worked at some point before, and it showed the "times played" but also the "total playing time". Please note, that the track size is also displayed false as 0.1KB, and this is only in this view.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=10540&highlight=top100
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=14337&highlight=top100
    this was, when it worked (from 1.0.3 on): https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=1113&highlight=top100

tomtom

mickusdickus

May 1, 2006
    Brisbane, Australia
    Re: folder.jpg

Taipan said:
    mickusdickus said:
    but is it possible to also have a default option, so that it will just display any .jpg file it finds in the folder and not just folder.jpg?
    Are you asking if MediaPortal has this default option available somewhere now (it hasn't...) or are you asking if this feature can be added as an option later (added to the "list of things to do"...).. :?

Sorry for the confusion Taipan, but you answered my question perfectly. I don't feel like changing the whole collection to folder.jpg, so yes, can this be added to the "list of things to do", please?...Thanks guys...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom