My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Re: folder.jpg

mickusdickus said:
Taipan said:
mickusdickus said:
but is it possible to also have a default option, so that it will just display any .jpg file it finds in the folder and not just folder.jpg?
Are you asking if MediaPortal has this default option available somewhere now (it hasn't...) or are you asking if this feature can be added as an option later (added to the "list of things to do"...).. :?

Sorry for the confusion Taipan, but you answered my question perfectly. I don't feel like changing the whole collection to folder.jpg, so yes, can this be added to the "list of things to do", please?...Thanks guys...

Err... there's a slight problem with this. Some people have front and back covers for each album - how will MP handle this? Maybe the first image MP finds in alphabetical order, or maybe you can change the jpg file name...

Sam

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have a bunch of protected WMA-files (purchased from www.tdcmusik.dk) that MediaPortal cannot read. That is - after importing the files into the database - all of my music file-tags are read correctly, except these. They are represented in MediaPortal with an 'unknown' for artist, album, and track, while the length of the track is returned as "0:00". I have 10.500 files - all original and legal tracks - and only the 75 protected files from www.tdcmusik.dk, cannot be read. I have not any additional protected files from another online store.

Other programs like e.g. winamp, WMP, tag&rename have no problems reading these files, and their tags are set correctly. Some time ago I made a little tagreading piece of software myself, that also can read these protected wma's.

Any chance that this can be fixed, or is there a way to get MP to read these files from the filename and not using their tags, that obviously fail, while still reading tags for the remaining files?

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    tomtom21000 said:
    Molokoids said:
    Anyone have an idea how to get back the "Sort by" times played. The Top 100 view is not usable right now.

I´d like to have this fixed, too since it is one of my favourite views.
    Posted it in the bugs forum a month ago but just realized, Molokoids posted this issue already in October, 2005.

It worked at some point before, and it showed the "times played" but also the "total playing time". Please note, that the track size is also displayed false as 0.1KB, and this is only in this view.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=10540&highlight=top100
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=14337&highlight=top100
    this was, when it worked (from 1.0.3 on): https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=1113&highlight=top100

tomtom

I'll have a look at this -- thanks for the report.

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    One really confusing point for people new to mediaportal:

If song#1 of a folder is started, mp will continue to play through all songs, but that green "marker" will stay at song #1. Not much, but slightly irritating =)

-k

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    mackey said:
    I have a bunch of protected WMA-files (purchased from www.tdcmusik.dk) that MediaPortal cannot read. That is - after importing the files into the database - all of my music file-tags are read correctly, except these. They are represented in MediaPortal with an 'unknown' for artist, album, and track, while the length of the track is returned as "0:00". I have 10.500 files - all original and legal tracks - and only the 75 protected files from www.tdcmusik.dk, cannot be read. I have not any additional protected files from another online store.

Other programs like e.g. winamp, WMP, tag&rename have no problems reading these files, and their tags are set correctly. Some time ago I made a little tagreading piece of software myself, that also can read these protected wma's.

Any chance that this can be fixed, or is there a way to get MP to read these files from the filename and not using their tags, that obviously fail, while still reading tags for the remaining files?

I'm currently working on a pretty extensive re-write of the tag reader code. Release is still a ways off and regardless of *when* I'm finished, it won't be released until after 0.2 final. Is there anyway you get get me a copy of one of the problem files? Feel free to PM me if you'd like.

Steve

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    knutinh said:

If song#1 of a folder is started, mp will continue to play through all songs, but that green "marker" will stay at song #1. Not much, but slightly irritating =)

-k

Which MP version are you seeing this behavior with? RC4 or a very recent SVN version? Also, additonal information on how to duplicate would be helpful.

Thanks -- Steve

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Btw: The author of "the godfather" (the mightiest tagging tool) knows all about tag formats (e.g. why V2.4 is bad shit) - he soon answers any questions in his forums. Maybe you'll get some questions during the rewrite process which he can answer...

http://users.otenet.gr/~jtcliper/tgf/download.htm

that green "marker" will stay at song #1
    This is why I appreciate Steve's changes so much which allow to automatically switch to playlist mode..

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    SteveV said:
    knutinh said:

-k

Which MP version are you seeing this behavior with? RC4 or a very recent SVN version? Also, additonal information on how to duplicate would be helpful.

Thanks -- Steve

I think this is part of the supposed behaviour? I have seen it in every version up until rc4 svn 01.05.06 at least.

-k

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    knutinh said:
    SteveV said:
    knutinh said:

-k

Thanks -- Steve

I think this is part of the supposed behaviour? I have seen it in every version up until rc4 svn 01.05.06 at least.

-k

OK, I think I understand what you're asking, correct me if I've got it wrong;

The currently playing song button "highlight" is only visible when you're in the Current playlist view. The green "marker" you're referring to simply displays which control has focus.

Try this: start playing some songs and switch to the "Current Playlist" screen. Note that the button text for the song that is currently playing is a different color that the rest (pale orange on the BlueTwo skin). This highlight should follow the currently playing track.

Steve

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom