My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetboy

Portal Pro
April 15, 2005
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
kaybe said:
It would be nice if I can chance the order of the songs in my playlist.

I second this.

Also, I would like to see both shuffle and repeat options in the playlist view. I know there is a shuffle option, but they should both be there (not only in configuration).

Another thing that I would love to see is for My Music to support Kernel Streaming or Asio. That way, we could listen to our music in pure 44.1 kHz, without resampling.

I hope you don't get scared off by all these suggestions, remember that's just what they are -- suggestions. We're all just spoiled brats writing our wish list for christmas. :wink: :)

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Jetboy said:
    Also, I would like to see both shuffle and repeat options in the playlist view. I know there is a shuffle option, but they should both be there (not only in configuration).
    Hmm, there is a shuffle button in the playlist view. 2nd from the top if I remember right. Please check this again, Jetboy. Nevertheless I could add a wish for a "Always shuffle my playlists" option and same for repeat. Would be nice to have. That's what I have in winamp for example. Shuffle on, repeat on.

Maschine

LuCarD

December 17, 2005
    Quick play on a directory

When you select a directory, to just press the play button to play all MP3's in that directory. ( I couldn't find this option in 0.1.3, I don't know if it is done in 0.2 )

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    Here are my wishes for the perfect music plugin:

1) Ability to choose which soundcard the music is played back on same way you select Audio renderer for Movies, DVD and Television.

2) Manual sorting of playlists (Up/Down).

3) Remove individual songs from playlist.

4) Pressing play on a category like genre or artist should add the category to the playlist and holding the play button for a couple of seconds when selecting a category should empty the playlist and replace it with the selected category.

5) A now playing screen to give a fullscreen view of what's playing.

6) Implementation of toby451's wonderful idea Herehttp://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11097

7) Full feature equalizer.

8) Support for using winamp visualizations the same way Meedio does. This would probably require using your own mp3 playback engine but this should also be true for the equalizer functionality so maybe it's not a bad path to take. Gives more freedom to the future development of the plugin I think.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure I will think of more features and I'll be sure to post them here.

Regards
    Raven

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    LuCarD said:
    When you select a directory, to just press the play button to play all MP3's in that directory. ( I couldn't find this option in 0.1.3, I don't know if it is done in 0.2 )
    Select a folder and press "y" on your keyboard. This will add all files in that folder to the playlist...

Maschine

LuCarD

December 17, 2005
    Maschine said:
    LuCarD said:
    Select a folder and press "y" on your keyboard. This will add all files in that folder to the playlist...

Maschine

I dont have a keyboard, everything is done by remote. :wink:

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Lots of good ideas and enough to keep me busy for months ;)

Here's some of the stuff I'd like to see:

• Dynamic "Smart Lists" that use multi-criterion search strings...[genre="christmas" NOT ("beach boys" OR "jackson 5")], [Artist="radiohead" AND rating="4" AND Live="false"], [LastListenedToMonths>"2" AND SmartListName="Steve's Favorites"]

Save-able / selectable "Smart Lists" (display in genre list??)

If shuffle is enabled, option to reshuffle on "add to playlist". Currently, when an album is added to the playlist the album tracks are shuffled but are all grouped at the end of the playlist.

Add to playlist options: "Play Next", "Clear and Add to Playlist", "Add to Playlist (adds to end)

Ignore "The" prefix when performing search.

Option to not scroll text in playback thumbnail if text fits within text bounds

"Never Shuffle this album" option

Ability to cancel when scanning media (currently ignores cancel button click)

Improve mp responsivness when performing time consuming tasks such as loading largs playlists, scanning, etc

Optional automatic periodic rescan of music shares using very low priority thread (Rescan my music shares every n days)

Ability to edit tag info

Ability to update coverart for entire share / ability to update coverart for albums with missing cover art

Find coverart displays thumbnail of current coverart image along with thumbnails of found images and artist and album name.

Show artist bio, show album info

Ability to persist "playing now" playlist and playlist position to allow resuming from last played track on mp restart

Steve

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    I have updated the first post in this topic to include a running list of suggestions and requests. Keep 'em coming and let me know if I missed anything :D

Steve

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    Jetboy said:
    kaybe said:
    It would be nice if I can chance the order of the songs in my playlist.

I second this.

Another thing that I would love to see is for My Music to support Kernel Streaming or Asio. That way, we could listen to our music in pure 44.1 kHz, without resampling.

I hope you don't get scared off by all these suggestions, remember that's just what they are -- suggestions. We're all just spoiled brats writing our wish list for christmas. :wink: :)

Wouldnt that be solved by using foobar2000 as a plugin instead of inventing the wheel all over?

Knut

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom