My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

garretwp

Portal Member
December 17, 2005
How does the coverart get used in the now playing feature? Can it grab the coverart that is stored in the mp3 file itself? Or do you have to load it somehow? Is it possible to be able to load the coverart from the mp3 itself, if this feature has not been coded into the cvs? As I mentioned before and everyone else is making the same suggestions, it would be easier for a short cut button to the now playing feature, instead of going to switch views all the time.

Garrett

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    garretwp said:
    How does the coverart get used in the now playing feature? Can it grab the coverart that is stored in the mp3 file itself? Or do you have to load it somehow? Is it possible to be able to load the coverart from the mp3 itself, if this feature has not been coded into the cvs? As I mentioned before and everyone else is making the same suggestions, it would be easier for a short cut button to the now playing feature, instead of going to switch views all the time.

Garrett

You can grab cover art from the Now playing screen by using the <F9> keyboard shortcut of whatever button on your remote displays the context menu.

garretwp

Portal Member
    December 17, 2005
    I tried this and for some reason it just sits there without doing anything. I will have to mess with it a little more.

Garrett

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    garretwp said:
    I tried this and for some reason it just sits there without doing anything. I will have to mess with it a little more.

Garrett

The cover art grabber functionality was added after the Now playing changes were initially released (I'm not in front of my dev machine but would have been approx 1/23 or 1/24). Are you running the latest cvs binaries?

Steve

getsaf

January 27, 2006
    Genre Grouping

I've always had a problem with creating playlists by genre. The problem is that I want to listen to "Rock" music, but when I select "Rock" it ignores the "Rock Alternative" "Heavy Metal" and all kinds of sub-categories. It would be nice to have a way to group these Genres into a single category... In reality I could do with maybe 5 or 6 Genres.. Rock Pop Rap Classical Country Oldies. Since other's may group their categories differently, It could be user-defined groups. Maybe the new Genre Groups could be added to the global Genre list.

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    SteveV are you around?

Is this implemented? And if so, how?

[DONE] Ability to update coverart for entire share / ability to update coverart for albums with missing cover art

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Lyxalig said:
    SteveV are you around?

Is this implemented? And if so, how?

[DONE] Ability to update coverart for entire share / ability to update coverart for albums with missing cover art

It was implemented on January 16th and would have shown up in a cvs snapshot on the 16th or 17th.

To use it, select an album or share, <F9> (or right-click), and select "Find coverart" from the popup menu.

Steve

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks for the prompt answer Steve.

I find My music behaving "odd." Do you have good answers/tricks/tips for creating a good looking "sollution" for my ~700 albums?

I have coverart as folder.jpg files in all of my albums, but they don't show up in the "database"-views.

I would like to get all the extra eyecandy as well, am I correct in assuming that:

- If I select my main share (the folder "music" that contains all albums), and press F9, MP will search through the entire folder and download coverart (info?) for every album, and It is going to appear in the "database"-views?

I am also wondering; The views don't "stick".

The following example outlines what I'm after:

- I would like to select a "startup"- view (I'm not sure if this is allready implemented.)

- The views should look like this.

• Category "Artist" - "List"-view no thumbnails.
      [list:2744c52d6a]When choosing an Artist arrange albums in "filmstrip" or "Big Icons"-view.
      When choosing an album arrange songs in "list"-view.

Category "Albums" - "Small Icons"-view.
    • When choosing an album arrange songs in "list"-view.
    [/list:u:2744c52d6a]

...and so on....

now the wievs don't stick as I find it reverting my choices as I reenter an album/artist/share..

Best regards Lyxalig

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom