• However they came

Votes: 16 9.2%

• Total voters

jinxy_tj

Portal Member
November 12, 2008
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
I have had similar problems, The music vids plugin fails in media portal config. The error stated is that it is not compatible with this version. I have to say tho, I have it running on my other PC which is running the same versions!!!??? I did have this trouble with it initially but have been doing so many things with media portal lately, I do not know what exactly it was that fixed it. I will report and let people know if I figure it out.

Just as a side note I do remember having centralised my database, and I had thought that it could be something to do with that. That being said the machine that I have just built has no changes to any of media portals origional files.........hmmmmm

JeanCC

Portal Member
September 11, 2004
NL
@igor_UK

I had the same problem and just discovered that the place indicating ffmpeg was wrong, coorected it and now everything works fine.
Thanks metalla_nz for this great plugin.

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
June 19, 2007
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
HI all.

Sorry for the lack of communication from my end. Have been trying to get employed and finish of my classes lately, so have been rather lacking in time. Ill get a new version out in the next week that will work for the latest test versions.

jinxy_tj
The plugin wont work with a centralised DB, as the locations for the images are hard coded into the database.

It may work if you scan the videos and they are in a UNC share available to the slave machine, but the images wont display

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
June 19, 2007
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
The DB referenced was specifically for one person. You shouldnt need to download a DB it will be generated automatically by the plugin.

In my latest install of the plugin however, It seems that an error on the first run of the latest version crops up.

Have looked at my code, and a typo was causing all sorts of issues for those with no DB's, have fixed this.

Also took the opportunity to hopefully fix the issue with the latest test versions of MP. If anyone using this can let me know if everything works now? Cheers

New version should be in MP repository soon, version will be 0.4.11MR

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
June 19, 2007
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
It cant be the same error... That class has been removed, can you please post your MediaPortal.log, error.log and MusicVids.log

UPDATE: I have installed the latest SVN version and tested the latest Maintenance Release, I have no issues with this setup. Please ensure you have downloaded the latest version, as you may have got the older one if you had downloaded it before the MP repository had updated the listing.

Failing that, let me see your logs.

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
October 11, 2007
It cant be the same error... That class has been removed, can you please post your MediaPortal.log, error.log and MusicVids.log

UPDATE: I have installed the latest SVN version and tested the latest Maintenance Release, I have no issues with this setup. Please ensure you have downloaded the latest version, as you may have got the older one if you had downloaded it before the MP repository had updated the listing.

Failing that, let me see your logs.

You were right, I somehow managed to get the older version from the repository. It works fine now.
Thank you so much, I love this plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom