• However they came

Votes: 16 9.2%

• Total voters

dw2010

April 12, 2010
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hello,

I have just installed this plugin -- seems pretty great :)

couple of questions;

When I try and add an artist for example "Weird Al" Yankovic I get an unhandled exception error (im guessing because the name has ""s in it?) -- can this be fixed?

Also, (not sure if this is the correct place to ask) but in this plugin's page on the StreamedMP skin the text along the top appears scrambled -- where should I look to fix this?

I have attached the image below to help clarify both problems

Thanks for the great work on this pluggin -- it works really nicely :)

filetree

Portal Member
July 30, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I can't get this to work with the newest 1.1.
It reads the database, but when it tries to download thumbnails it just crashes out.
Any help?

EDIT: haha just kidding, forgot about ffmpeg :)

awesome plugin

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: My Music Videos - V0.41

+1 - DVD Support is the only thing that urgentlky is missing, so I vote for that also :)

gofmarat

Portal Member
    May 1, 2009
    first, great plugin.
    When I'm on an artists, the background is blackened, is there an option to let me choose the background or like my tvseries does finds a background image by its own

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    first, great plugin.
    When I'm on an artists, the background is blackened, is there an option to let me choose the background or like my tvseries does finds a background image by its own

You'll need to use a skin that supports the Fanart Handler plugin or modify the XML file of your favourite skin to support the plugin. Then if you have fanart for an artist which is in your Music collection you'll get fanart for that artist in the MusicVids secreen, or a default background image depending on the skin or the modifications you make to the XML file.

BleazleWide and a number of other skins support this already - check this thread out for more info/skins that support the Fanart Handler plugin: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/fanart-handler-plugin-v1-9-music-fanart-scraper-76535/.

Hope that helps

Bleazle

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Great plugin and is all working a treat.

Just couple things I would like to see implemented and I know one of them has been mentioned a good few times I'm sure

1. Sub folder scanning

2. The ability to change artist image and not have them overwritten on a new scan.

This was possible in mVids 0.2 but not in this version of the plugin

If I change the artist images manually in the folder it works but they get overwritten when rescanning if the given artist has had new files added to the database.

Last.fm has very poor images for many artists.

Thanks

Tahooma

Portal Member
    November 7, 2007
    Hi
    I read all the postings in here, but didnt find an 100% answer for my requirements...

First of all, sorry for my bad english :(

I would like to build a music-video jukebox for partys and i am searching for a software to use. So i checked out mediaportal and found this thread...

The main, and Must have, features, would be

1. Search videos, queue videos, select videos on one screen (notebook, touchscreen, whatever), and PLAY the videos on another screen (via beamer, big tv,...)
    2. so searching and selecting and queuing videos does not affect the videos currently displayed.
    3. On the main screen (where the videos are displayed) no controls will be displayed - video only.

Is this possible using mediaportal and this plugin ?

Thanks for your help
    Tahooma

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1. Sub folder scanning

It already has support for a form of sub folder scanning, see pic under watch folders.

45866d1251598916-my-music-videos-v0-41-mvidsset.png

Tahooma

Portal Member
    November 7, 2007
    Ok, I installed the plugin and testet it.
    It works fine for what I am trying to do, playing videos on an external player.
    Now if I add videos to a playlist the playlist does not seem to work.
    When playing the playlist the first song is starting, but when its finished, nothing more happens.

Is there maybe a communication problem wih the external player ? (divX Player).
    Is it possible to do somethin like a fulltext search for artists and songs ?

Thanks
    Tahooma

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom