• Total voters

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I used to think the playlist was buggy, but that was because i was using a shortcut i had made on my remote that jumped to the music playlist but not the video playlist, (they have different Skin ID#s). Probably not related, but just in case.

darren_420

July 6, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey,

New to the forum so bear with me :). I have MediaPortal running and I love it, I use moving pictures, tv series and recently just installed My music videos. The plugin settings themselves are great, easy to use and understand, however, I went through and setup everything, scanned in all my videos and renamed, etc, all was showing up, nothing under the parsing showing up as red, but the plugin itself in Mediaportal will not load.

I open mediaportal, click on Watch Your Music Vids, which is what I named it, it starts loading, then quickly flicks back to the home screen and never loads the plugin. I've tried reinstalling, rescanning the DB, removing all and not scanning, but still cannot get it to load.

I'm using StreamedMP skin, hopefully someone else has ran into this. I'm pulling my hair out lol. And sorry if this was already covered in this post somewhere, I tried reading through a lot of it, but did not come accress this issue.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Darren.

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Darren,

My first thought was a missing skin file, but it doesnt sound like that.

Is there any errors in your log files at all?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi guys,

Just curious - where do most of you get your HD music videos from?

I have tried some SD ones, and the quality obviously isn't too good :(

J.

m184711

Portal Member
    May 23, 2010
    Home Country
    I use the following file structure
    01 - Ben Folds Five - Brick.avi so esentiall Track - Artist - Title.ext
    mainly because i have a lot of concerts on my hdd divided into chapers, and i dont want to remove the track number form the file name, but i cant get the files to parse correctly, no matter what i do i keep getting the track number as the artist and the artist as the title, i've tried using %misc% in the spot for the track number but i still get the same result, any help would be greatly appriciated, perhaps a Parsing tage for Track Number ie %track% could be included to the parsing expression string

thanks

Matt

m184711

Portal Member
    May 23, 2010
    Home Country
    My Folder Structure is
    Eg
    d:\Music Videos\Ben Folds Five - Sessions at West 54\01 - Ben Folds Five - Brick.avi
    with d:\Music Video as the watch folder
    and i tried the following parsing expression
    %album%\%misc% - %artist% - %title%.%ext%
    and
    %artist% - %album%\%misc% - %artist% - %title%.%ext%

ald also tried
    %album%\%artist% - %title%.%ext%

and they all give the same result which is the track number listed as the artist and the artist listed as the title

hope this give some more insite

thanks

on further testing it does't seam to matter what order i put the parsing expression even if i use
    %album%\%title% - %artist% - %album%.%ext%
    i still get the track number in the artist colum and the artist in the title colum

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    maybe the parsing is broken, i personally just use %artist% - %track%.%ext%

if you rename your files to
    d:\Music Videos\Ben Folds Five - Sessions at West 54\en Folds Five - 01 - Brick.avi

at least it will be a partial fix. also the tracks will be in numerical order of the dvd when you browse the artist.

m184711

Portal Member
    May 23, 2010
    Home Country
    ok when I tryed that i just put the track number into the title colum i even tried %album%\%artist% - %album% - %title%.%ext%
    and same result

it seam like it will only read Artist - Title.ext no matter what parsing expression i use

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom