Votes: 16 9.2%

• Total voters

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Ok Kiwi thanks, will check it out, for some reason codec didn't even cross my mind.

Guess because they play fine outside of MP. And possibly because it was right after a 12 hour night shift I was trying to play them :)

Does SAF not contain anything for .mp4 then?

There is another issue that crops up, are you using the PureAudio plugin? If so this has .MP4 as an extenstion and so trys to play the file.

Thanks

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    Ah, yes I do use PureAudio.

Just deleted the .mp4 extention from the plugin list and all is well.

Thanks Trevor, seems there is no limit to your MP knowledge.:)

:D

rbo

Portal Pro
    May 1, 2007
    Ludwigsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: My Music Videos - V0.41

Hi,

I love this plugin but have problems with my new HTPC (see signature).

After installing my music videos I've got an error that the installed plugin is not compatible to mp. Here is the MusicVids log file:

17:04:29: Info: Starting data manager
    17:04:40: Info: Starting data manager
    17:04:40: Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er muss nicht negativ und kleiner als die Auflistung sein.
    Parametername: index
    bei System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
    bei System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
    bei System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
    bei MPMusicVids.Data.DBUpdater.Update04()
    bei MPMusicVids.Data.DBUpdater.doUpdates(String dbVersion)
    17:06:34: Info: Starting data manager
    17:06:34: Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er muss nicht negativ und kleiner als die Auflistung sein.
    bei System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
    17:06:34: Info: Starting data manager
    17:06:34: Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er muss nicht negativ und kleiner als die Auflistung sein.
    17:10:30: Info: Starting data manager
    17:10:30: Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er muss nicht negativ und kleiner als die Auflistung sein.
    17:12:46: Info: Starting data manager
    17:12:46: Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er muss nicht negativ und kleiner als die Auflistung sein.
    17:16:19: Info: Starting data manager
    17:18:02: Info: Starting data manager
    17:18:05: Info: Starting data manager
    17:19:06: Info: Starting data manager
    17:19:07: Info: Starting data manager
    17:19:41: Info: Starting data manager
    17:19:41: Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er muss nicht negativ und kleiner als die Auflistung sein.
    17:19:41: Info: Starting data manager
    17:19:41: Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er muss nicht negativ und kleiner als die Auflistung sein.
    17:36:55: Info: Starting data manager
    17:38:05: Info: Starting data manager
    17:38:05: Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er muss nicht negativ und kleiner als die Auflistung sein.
    17:38:05: Info: Starting data manager
    17:38:05: Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er muss nicht negativ und kleiner als die Auflistung sein.

Are there any problems with MP 1.1.0 final? My old htpc is working fine (see my system).

I hope that some can help me, thanks!!!

rbo

Markpainter

Portal Member
    April 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Feature Request

Not sure if I have mentioned this before, but it would be REALLY handy if there was an option to remove the word 'The' from the artists name when it appears in the list.

At the moment I am manually changing the band's name, but its a real pain will the 3000 or so vids I have, as around 150 of them start with 'The' !

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: Feature Request

Not sure if I have mentioned this before, but it would be REALLY handy if there was an option to remove the word 'The' from the artists name when it appears in the list.

At the moment I am manually changing the band's name, but its a real pain will the 3000 or so vids I have, as around 150 of them start with 'The' !
    Err, I would automate that process with a bit of sql and sqlitebrowser... ;)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Or use something like BatchRename Pro to rename all of the files starting with "The"? Easy if the Artist name comes first.

Markpainter

Portal Member
    April 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Or use something like BatchRename Pro to rename all of the files starting with "The"? Easy if the Artist name comes first.

It's not the file names themselves that I am concerned about, as I am happy for the file name to have the artist name starting with 'The'.

But when you get over a hundred artists from within the plugin all starting with 'The' its a bit of a bore scrolling through them all to get to 'T' for example for 'The Beatles' when I actually would rather they were under 'B' for 'Beatles'

At the moment I am hand editing the description within MV, but I think next time I will use sqlitebrowser, as I already use it to add required extensions.

I just thought it would be nice to have a 'Remove 'THE' from Artist Name' flag somewhere.
    Or to make it more international, maybe a "Remove xxxxxx From Artists Name' flag, with an option to enter the required xxxxx
    :)

mskr4him

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2010
    Home Country
    "You will notice there is fanart (A high resolution image of the artist) in the background. The fanart handler plugin is required for this, and it will probably integrated into the next official streamedmp release, however if you can't wait there is a thread in the streamedmp skin forum on how to add fanart to the music section."

Can you please tell me where I can find the images that are used for the background? and how does the code know which images to use as the background. There are some of my artists that show an image on the background others don't I want to know where is the code getting the background images from. I have looked all over the forum but I can only find the document that make reference to the above quote. Thanks.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    images are located in thumbs\skin fanart\music directory
    fanart handler doesn't DL images for My Music Videos, it only DLs images for MP Music section
    fanart handler DLs the images from Home Theatre Backdrops */*Home
    if the music video's artist tag matches fanart available in music then you will get fanart
    if the music video artist is not in my music, then you will need to manually add fanart to the above directory

Further details can be garnished by referring to the fanart handler thread and wiki on the google code site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom