modtang

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2006
    Wollongong, NSW
    Home Country
    Been a long time user and lover of this plugin

Have tried to use the updated .dll and am getting crashes on config

I know, i know, will gather log files, but not sure it will show up as I don't get any further than config

Did get a message that this version of the plugin was not compatible with my version of MP.

I am running MP 1.1.0.0 Final so any ideas??

I had the same problem at first. You need to put the dll in this folder.
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows

Hope this solves it for you too.

EDIT: OK, new problem. It's crashing differently now. The only log I get contains the following:

5:56:06 PM: Info: Starting data manager
    5:56:06 PM: Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
    at MPMusicVids.Data.DBUpdater.Update04()
    at MPMusicVids.Data.DBUpdater.doUpdates(String dbVersion)
    5:56:06 PM: Info: Starting data manager
    5:56:06 PM: Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
    at MPMusicVids.Data.DBUpdater.Update04()
    at MPMusicVids.Data.DBUpdater.doUpdates(String dbVersion)

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    Couple of things to try,

Might be a ffmpeg issue, make sure it is in the right place

Rename Musicvids database and let Music Vids create a new one.

Worked for me.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: My Music Videos - V0.41

Is there any developer able to include scanning of DVDs and adding them to the database? I have my music DVDs in my NAS and would like them included in this plugin - currently I have to use MyVideos to use them.

gofmarat

Portal Member
    May 1, 2009
    guys, I can't get this to work, I'm running windows 7 32 mp 1.1 latest, I copy the .dll to where I supposed to copied even the ffmpeg.exe to c:\
    when I do to plugin configuration it says something like "an error occurred the mpmusicvids plugin is incompatible and won't be loaded.
    It worked for me in the past, maybe it is not working with mp 1.1?

gofmarat

Portal Member
    May 1, 2009
    Delete existing Music Videos database

Make sure you have the latest .dll, from here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/645937-post358.html

Make sure ffmpeg.exe is in the right spot

Delete videos location in configuration, then rescan

Worked for me ;-)

I downloaded the file like you said, what do you mean by "the right spot" where should it be located?

"Delete videos location in configuration, then rescan", what videos location? where is it in the configuration?
    I didn't scan anything in the first place.

help much appreciated:D

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    OK, to be a bit clearer,

The .dll belongs in the Mediaportal windows plugins folder (in my setup C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows for vista or Win7, XP is something different)

I have ffmpeg in the mediaportal program folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

Once done you need to go into Mediaportal configuration and enable the plugin

You then need to point the plugin at ffmpeg, and tell it where to find the videos, attached is how mine is setup

The key for me was to delete the database from old versions of the plugin. This was preventing me from even getting in to configuration

Hope this helps

Attachments

• Music Videos.PNG
      Music Videos.PNG
      76.1 KB

gofmarat

Portal Member
    May 1, 2009
    OK, to be a bit clearer,

The .dll belongs in the Mediaportal windows plugins folder (in my setup C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows for vista or Win7, XP is something different)

I have ffmpeg in the mediaportal program folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

You then need to point the plugin at ffmpeg, and tell it where to find the videos, attached is how mine is setup

The key for me was to delete the database from old versions of the plugin. This was preventing me from even getting in to configuration

Hope this helps

I even deleted mp and reinstalled it then I copied the .dl to where you said, copied ffmeg to where you said, deleted the music vids database and still, all I get is when I'm in configurations and go to plugins is "couldn't load the plugin because it is incompatible with the version, I can't even go to see the pluging let alone go to it's configurations.
    and if I re-enter configurations, music vids appear but if I click on it it crashes mp, so I don't know what to do, maybe I'll wait to the next version, if there ever will be one, thanks anyway!!!
    maybe Trevor could help

ToLin

Portal Member
    May 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    OK, to be a bit clearer,

Hope this helps

I even deleted mp and reinstalled it then I copied the .dl to where you said, copied ffmeg to where you said, deleted the music vids database and still, all I get is when I'm in configurations and go to plugins is "couldn't load the plugin because it is incompatible with the version, I can't even go to see the pluging let alone go to it's configurations.
    and if I re-enter configurations, music vids appear but if I click on it it crashes mp, so I don't know what to do, maybe I'll wait to the next version, if there ever will be one, thanks anyway!!!
    maybe Trevor could help

I have exactly the same problem... :( Waiting for a solution...

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    My Music Videos - V0.4.2.1

Hi all,

Sorry for the slow response on some of the issues, been pretty hetic past couple of months. I still dont have SVN access to the source so take my own copy for now and will create a new google code project in a while.

been talking with Gofmarat and found a problem when a new DB is created, a little odd as it should never have worked as far as I can tell.

Attached is version 0.4.2.1, I changed the versions to help keep track untill I get this under source control, just copy over the existing DLL.

The only change here is with the DB creation code, no additional features added and would only dowload and install if you are having specific issues when starting up with no existing DB.

This version should work with existing installations but as away currently have not had chance to test it against an existing DB.

Please let me know if any issues.

thx

Attachments

• Music Videos-0.4.2.1.zip
      107.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom