• Organised some other way

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • However they came

Votes: 16 9.2%

• Total voters

gofmarat

Portal Member
May 1, 2009
Thanks trevor, I tried your fix and it worked, there are a few more issues but for now it is okay.

rbo

Portal Pro
May 1, 2007
Ludwigsburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: My Music Videos - V0.41

Hi there,

i have a wired problem. After a scan i noticed that a few Artist are not sorted the way i would like to. For example 50 cent ft. blabla was not sorted to 50 cent. It was a single view in the database. So i did edit the database to have a match to everyting 50 cent xx to 50 cent and not anymore 50 cent and 50 cent ft. blabla. When i have a look in the database everything looks fine. When i start MP now i still have the old view. Is there a cache i have to clear first?

The screen shots shows the view i have inside MP and the other is the database.

Running MP 1.1 with BleazleWide V8.1.1.0 skin and the Music Video fix from Trevor on Win XP

Any idea?

Greets Albert

Hi Albert,

this problem I have also. It will appear when you open mp after import new videos and before you have changed your artist infos. Then you'll see the empty artists (f.e. 50 cent xxx) in mp.

My workaround is to open the MusicVids.db3 database with SQLiteAdmin and delete the empty artists. Now I don't see them in mp any more.

Ciao
rbo.

Albert2002

Portal Member
July 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: My Music Videos - V0.41

Hi rbo,

you workaround seams to be far smarter then mine.. I just deleted the whole database and rescanned.
Would have been been lovely to know your way earlier. Anyway, so there is no need in the to delete the database future.

Thank you!
Albert

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: My Music Videos - V0.4.2.1

Hi all,

Sorry for the slow response on some of the issues, been pretty hetic past couple of months. I still dont have SVN access to the source so take my own copy for now and will create a new google code project in a while.

been talking with Gofmarat and found a problem when a new DB is created, a little odd as it should never have worked as far as I can tell.

Attached is version 0.4.2.1, I changed the versions to help keep track untill I get this under source control, just copy over the existing DLL.

The only change here is with the DB creation code, no additional features added and would only dowload and install if you are having specific issues when starting up with no existing DB.

This version should work with existing installations but as away currently have not had chance to test it against an existing DB.

Please let me know if any issues.

thx

maybe a mod can also add this link to the first post as well. "If above version fix by trevor doesn't work then try this version here" or otherwise replace the first link if the newer version of trevor's mod?

TalkingBull

Portal Member
    June 22, 2009
    I have a good 1300 music videos so I would love to get this to work but it consistently crashes no matter what I try. I can run the parsing test no problem and everything is good to go but then when I hit the button "Scan watch folders into Db", it crashes and brings down MP Config as well. I have tried everything I can think of to get this to work but I am lost...

UPDATE: I got it to work somehow by moving ffmpeg to my root directory. Don't know why that worked. Now it is updating but I get massive errors alerts from ffmpeg.

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2009
    hi, i have a slightly annoying problem using this plugin.
    when i launch a musing video, it starts playing (i hear the audio track) but the video itself is not displayed
    one other thing is that i can't control mp anymore (a background thing problem?)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    hi, i have a slightly annoying problem using this plugin.
    when i launch a musing video, it starts playing (i hear the audio track) but the video itself is not displayed
    one other thing is that i can't control mp anymore (a background thing problem?)

Chances are you have a codec problem :(, You can try SAF by hoborg to see if that corrects things, if it does not, then the Vista codec pack by shark007 usually does.

huntlegs

Portal Member
    October 25, 2010
    Thanks druid9 I followed what you posted and updated my .dll with what Trevor provided and was able to get a partial of my MV loaded before getting the error again Media Portal configuration stopped working. It is a start, thanks again

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    No worries,

I do recall once I was getting a crash because of one video file, when i moved it from the scan folder, the scan ran through to completion.

Maybe check your logs to see if it is crashing on one file?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom