• Total voters

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Woot! That got me in!!! Thanks bro. Gunna play with it now!!! WooHoo!!

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Well, I got in to the config of the plugin and almost every button I can click would cause a crash. Only button that works is the most important, Clear DB and Rescan. Most of my Music Vids are in flv format and the plugin did NOT like me addin .flv to extensions so I edited the blank DB and added flv. It then found all my videos. When I go to play them I get mixed results. Different videos give me different results. Some say AVC/ACC codecs needed (but the codecs work for other videos) some pop up a black screen for about half a second and then goes away, some lock up MP and some play just fine.

So that is my current situation, gunna play with it some more today.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    My Music Videos - V0.4.2.2

Hi,

Attached is build 0.4.2.2 on Music Videos, this should address all the DB creation issues seen recently.

This should be considered as a beta and please backup your current Music Videos.dll and MusicVids.db3 DB files prior to installation and please let me know if any issues.

This will most likley be the last release of this version or the plugin unless any major problems appear or MP1.2beta is released before we complete the new version.

There is currently a new version in development by me and Gup (Mainly Gup currently) which is more or less being written from the ground up. This will be based on the Cornerstone Framework (from MovingPictures) and TVSeries parser and will include the most reuested features from this forum.

The project page can be found here -> mediaportal-musicvideos - Project Hosting on Google Code

Feel free to add feature requests to the tracker on the site, the more we can get in at this stage the better.

Thx

Trevor

Attachments

• MusicVideos.mpe1
      116.6 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Trevor - do you think we could start a new thread now? And put the latest download in the first post? 450+ posts all now mostly irrelevant :(

Also, there is Wiki page for Music Videos which Chris never really finished, and now is pretty much obsolete. I added your new project feed to it. Since you have not done any Wiki docs yet I thought you might find the new Wiki easier than Google code Wiki.

Can I suggest you drop the "My" prefix now, it is no longer the standard in MP and will not exist in MP 2 and it just screws up sorting everywhere!

EDIT: btw THX for continuing your work on this plugin!

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Trevor - do you think we could start a new thread now? And put the latest download in the first post? 450+ posts all now mostly irrelevant :(

Also, there is Wiki page for Music Videos which Chris never really finished, and now is pretty much obsolete. I added your new project feed to it. Since you have not done any Wiki docs yet I thought you might find the new Wiki easier than Google code Wiki.

Can I suggest you drop the "My" prefix now, it is no longer the standard in MP and will not exist in MP 2 and it just screws up sorting everywhere!

EDIT: btw THX for continuing your work on this plugin!

Hi Dadeo,

You are right and a new thread will be started for the new version when we have a working version (I do have a MP1.2b version working as well). For now I will contine to maintain the version so this thread is still valid.

Adding the lastest release to the first post is a good idea but I have do not have rights to edit, I did ask but I think it is not as easy as just giving me access.

I just realised I need to update the install package with nlog.dll and when I have done that I will ask one of the moderators to and to the first post.

The name will change, just coming up with new one is the trick, MovingMusic may not be the best choice :)

Cheers

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    trevor: Just wanted to let you know that all is well with me and MMV. It appears that the dll u included a few posts back for me worked to get me in the door so-to-speak for the config and in a very round about way got all my videos into the database. Since then I have redone my entire system as well as my client' systems. I have installed the newest mpe1 from you, and bugs from the config are now gone. This is due to one of two reasons or a mixture of both: a) You made more changes in this latest mpe1 b) By NOT installing StreamedMP. It seems by using the StreamedMP installer to load the skin, MovingPictures & My TVSeries caused a ton of other issues to arise in plugins and skins. I now use aMPed almost exclusively (Thanks Dadeo!) and all my plugins work flawlessly including My MusicVideos which I could never get to work in aMPed before. As a matter of fact with StreamedMP installed I had to disable MMV to even get aMPed to load, and this is on all of my clients loaded with StreamedMP, not just one PC.

About the name... the problem with a new name other than MusicVideos (sans the "My") is that music videos takes 2 words to accurately describe it unlike Movies, Music, Games, TV etc... Live TV, TV Series and Recorded TV also have this same issue. I would think it would be best in MP 1.2 or maybe the future MP 2.0 will make "Recorded TV" behave just like it does, as well as My TVSeries. Kinda merge the two, ya know?

As for MovingMusic, not only am I not to fond of that moniker but it still goes back to what I was saying... MovingMusic could be MP3s as well as videos.

Hope my two cents help, if not... no worries it was only worth two cents =)

Thanks so much for all your work Trevor!!!

Dadeo

Keep it up Wiki-Man!!! =) check yer mail soon (about an hour).... I got a bunch of notes from ppl this weekend when I uninstalled StreamedMP

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Hi Lyfesaver,

Glad it is all working, I did find stupid bug in the DB creation code which I am not sure how I missed it before this, hopfully sorted all the odd issues.

I am intrested in what you said here though...

b) By NOT installing StreamedMP. It seems by using the StreamedMP installer to load the skin, MovingPictures & My TVSeries caused a ton of other issues to arise in plugins and skins.
    As for MovingMusic, not only am I not to fond of that moniker but it still goes back to what I was saying... MovingMusic could be MP3s as well as videos.

As you may know I am one of the devlopers on the StreamedMP skin and would like to get to the bottom of any issues with the skin, we do our best to make sure it is as bug free as possible and feedback is crutial for this.

As you may guess I use StreamedMP and Music Videos and have not see any issues other than that caused by the DB creation bug.

If you have time I would be grateful if you could expand on this, I guess you have no logs left - either PM me or post into the StreamedMP forum.

Hope my two cents help, if not... no worries it was only worth two cents =)
    Agree with all this and MovingMusic was a little tounge in cheek....

Thanks so much for all your work Trevor!!!
    NP and thanks for the update.

Cheers

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Thanks Trevor.. I typed it all out here cuz I did not read what u asked about the PM... sending it there.

_noel_

Portal Member
    February 15, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: My Music Videos - V0.4.2.2

There is currently a new version in development by me and Gup (Mainly Gup currently) which is more or less being written from the ground up. This will be based on the Cornerstone Framework (from MovingPictures) and TVSeries parser and will include the most reuested features from this forum.

Hello Trevor,

Is there a release date of the beta version of the new version?
    I've reorganized all my music videos (about 100) the last week from scratch, so a new version of the plugin would come just at the right time for me :)

Regards & thanks for your efforts
    Ebe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom