Votes: 16 9.2%

• Total voters

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Will mvCentral support flv files? Music Videos used to but doesn't now, which seems strange to me - or am I the only one populating my music vids database from YouTube?... :mad:

it will and does, provided youn have the right codecs installed and .flv is know extension in configuration->Videos

@Bleazel - Most of my music vids are .flv and all is working fine. Yes it has to be added to extensions, but as u have said, it is listed there. can u get .flv to play in the "Videos" section of MP? If not then it has to be a codec or MP Config problem. FFDSHOW seems to work well.

UPDATE: After spending HOURS wrestling with codecs on my test set up I gave up and decided to go and have a look at my HTPC (running W7). My HTPC can and does play .flv files through MyVideos without a problem but just like my test setup entering ".flv" in the known extensions of Musc Videos doesn't "stick" and I don't get any results for FLV files :rolleyes:

I have the software to convert files but that's a pain in the butt plus inevitably the output file size is far bigger than the flv file is and usually the quality is worse - it would be great if flv support "worked out of the box" especially since I can watch flv files in MyVideos. (Note: My HTPC is running MP 1.1.2 (I think - not 1.2 anyway)) - why isn't ".flv" included in the recognised extensions list by default?

If there are any logs or further info I can post to see why this isn't working let me know and I'll get them for you :)

Cheers

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think it is all coming back to me now... I think I had the same problem and fixed by manually entering it in the database... Yes.. I think there is a post I made about it.... will update more info in a bit...

Edit: Okay here is the link I posted a while back...

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...c-videos-v0-41-a-68337-post685437/#post685437

just download SQLite Expert Personal 3 and open the mvids.db3 file and goto extensions, and just add .flv

it aint sexy, but it works, ENJOY!!!

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...it aint sexy, but it works, ENJOY!!!

Haha, I don't care about sexy, just want it to work :D :D

I'll give it a go tonight and let you know how I get on. I'll have to try it out on one of my "live" setups because I can't get my test setup to play FLV files in MP :mad: (due to it being a Vista piece of...?))

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I worked!!:D

Both my HTPC and client (both running W7) now have working copies of MusicVids! Awesome! :D

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Crix, from what I have been told.... look for the new plugin in a week. MVCentral will be the name of it.

nanolimit

Portal Member
    May 17, 2011
    Cancel that, now the plugin will load but once I start scanning it will crash

----
    I've just installed the fixed version (first time using this plug in) and get the error:

Failed to locate assembly"Common.Utlis, Version=1.1.6.27644 Culture=neutral, PublicToken=null"
    Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the MediaPortal Folder, the execution will now end.

I put the dll file in:
    MediaPortal\plugins\Windows

What am I doing wrong here :confused:

Using MP 1.1.3

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Nano: Try making an empty database file for it, and put it int he database directory. mvids.db3 should be the name of the file. Just create a txt file and name it as such. This helped me a while back whenever it crashed from scanning for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom