My Netflix 1.4 for MP 1.2 (2 Viewers)

Helidath

Portal Pro
January 30, 2007
Will this work with StreamedMP if I take the MyNetflix.xml from my 1.2 beta install and use it for the 1.2 final?

I haven't tried it, but there is no reason it should not work as none of the code that affects skins was changed. Thus, any of the previously supported skins should work by copying over the files.

FYI, Worked just fine.

wizard43

Portal Member
September 4, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Skins and Readme PDF with configuration info

i'm probably missing something. where is the configuration pdf that is mentioned above? i'm getting a missing XML file error.

Edit: hmm, if it's the readme.pdf found in the original 1.3 thread, then that doesn't help. i already did the config as outlined there. so why am i missing an XML file? do i need to download one from somewhere? or should the app have done that for me?

i figured out the issue. sorry for my newb-ness. seems i was using an incompatible skin. i grabbed the previous version of My Netflix and used the files for my skin from that one. they seem to work just fine, so i'm wondering why they weren't included in the new version.

:oops:

The skin files should have been included but it was a detail that I missed. I also should have included the pdf or a link to it. Both of these are attached here.

Attachments

• My Netflix 1.3 Skins.zip
    734.5 KB
  • My NetFlix Readme.pdf
    655.6 KB

SkinsFan0521

Portal Pro
October 19, 2011
Home Country
Hi,

I've just recently installed MediaPortal and started setting up some plugins and My Netflix is one of them. I downloaded the latest version from this thread and installed it.

The interface comes up when I select it and shows my queues, but when I try to go to "My Recommendations", it freezes and crashes MediaPortal. The only way for me to exit is to bring up task manager and kill the process.

Is there something that I'm doing wrong or is this a known issue?

Please let me know if I need to provide more information and I'll be glad to do so. Like I said, I'm brand new to MP, so just let me know what information and how to find it and I'll post it.

Thanks a lot for all of your work and help!

Benson

Portal Member
October 29, 2011
I use Mouse to control old "My Netflix", today i upgraded and installed this version and looks like it uses silverlight and once i select movie from MP how do i go back to MP? i can't seem to find any close button around.

Ofcouse i dont have keyboard connected. Also even if i 'exit full' screen i still dont see any bar around to close the window.

Hey javastring,
The 'Stop' button should close the browser and return you to MP. If not then the movie is not in focus and you have another issue.

Wile E.

I'm having a significant amount of difficulty getting the player in focus when it launches. Enable/disable hotkeys had no effect. Every button press brings me back to Mediaportal (away from the still-running player). I use a Logitech Harmony remote to control the system (64-bit Win7).

Any ideas on how to resolve my continuous failing here?

Thanks,
Benson

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
October 24, 2007
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi, iam very new to Netflix.
I was trying to play instant movie, any movie and i always end up with Internet Connection Problem. Error Code: N8106-152.

I also tried to use internet explorer and the url wich plugin generated was Netflix - Unlimited TV Shows & Movies Online

I have no trouble when i try to play movie from IE directly, only from Media portal.

I installed Silverlight.
My OS is Windows XP SP3

Thanks for any idea.

cwindomsr

December 8, 2011
Home Country
Re: My Netflix 1.4 for MP 1.2 not functioning properly

I have installed 1.4.1 of this this plugin and after configuring it per the instructions, I have not been able to make it function properly. I am attaching my errors and screen-shots to this post. Can you tell me if I am missing or mis-configuring something?

How do I get this plugin to function properly?

Thanks In Advance For Your Support,
cwindomsr

Attachments

• MyNetFlix_Plugin_Error.pdf
    334 KB

mattyb8562

Portal Member
February 17, 2012
Home Country
I'm having a significant amount of difficulty getting the player in focus when it launches. Enable/disable hotkeys had no effect. Every button press brings me back to Mediaportal (away from the still-running player). I use a Logitech Harmony remote to control the system (64-bit Win7).

Any ideas on how to resolve my continuous failing here?

Thanks,
Benson

I am having the same issue. Or at least I think I am. I cannot control after the movie starts play back with my old ati remote wonder 10X remote. If I hit esc on my keyboard it closes the viewer.

Any one have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Matt

JamesMSula

April 15, 2012
Home Country
Hello,
When I click on any media in this plugin, Nothing happens at all. ?? Any ideas? - Im a newbie to Media Portal, but I'm thinking to just break down and purchase a solution even though all I wanted to use was the Netflix plugin.. : (

octessence

Portal Pro
May 8, 2012
Germany
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, I am a Netflix UK user and this plugin "sort of" works for me, but it's pretty unreliable and some options don't work at all.

Where can I find the source? I'd like to tinker with it a bit to see if my issues are related to me using Netflix UK and whether they are fixable. If I manage to clean things up I will release a version for UK users.

Note, I have found the google code project page for MyNetflix but the svn repository only contains MyNetflix 2.0. I also have a lot of issues with v2.0, but since I prefer not to have to sign up to myReelTalk I'd like to fix the original MyNetflix if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom