My NEW Radio (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lars Vinter

Portal Member
January 11, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Also: make sure visualisation is optional (I hate it when I play radio-streams:D)

Me too!

Actually, I was going for no visualisation at all. But if anyone uses it and would miss it if it's gone, please let me know, and I'll see if I can integrate it somehow (so it doesn't annoy anyone).

zswman

Portal Pro
April 23, 2006
Mountain View, CA USA
Hi, Lars - would you be incorporating pay streams, specifically XM radio? bradsjm has done a great job on the XM radio plugin, but I am unsure of its status in the current builds (I am still using 0.2.0.4 because I don't want to lose this plugin). In any case, you might want to contact him for ideas and/or take a look at the UI for his XM plugin - it's great.

I use the visualization for radio, but would like to see it optional (especially when listening to a talk-radio show).

Thanks for taking this on!

nordlicht_68

Portal Pro
November 9, 2005
northern germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Lars

from my side: very good luck for your great feature list.

i found: a good radio plugin for DVB-S with sorting radio stations, logos and streaming informations is the last part, what´s missing in MP.

I have a second MP installation and PC with DVB-S Card for test your betas.

Stephan

Lars Vinter

Portal Member
January 11, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi everyone.

I've updated the feature list. Please continue to make comments if something come to your mind. Also it would be nice to know what skins people are using. I'm using the B2 Wide.

Regards

Lars Vinter

Portal Member
January 11, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
farwell (is this correct in dansk?)
Stephan

He he - almost. It's "farvel" (but it's pronounced the same way more or less).

And by the way, to all: Please be patient the coming weeks :) I'll start development on this now, but the feature list really is the _full_ feature list, so don't expect a release with all those features next week :)

Regards

thechad

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Geelong, Australia
Home Country
This sounds good,

The server option mentioned above should be considered as with the TVServer potentially no being on the MP client machine this would mean that DVB radio from TV cards would no longer be accessible without a TV/Radio card in the MP client. Could something like IceCast be used in this area?

Lars Vinter

Portal Member
January 11, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi again.

Updated the feature list.

The server option mentioned above should be considered as with the TVServer potentially no being on the MP client machine this would mean that DVB radio from TV cards would no longer be accessible without a TV/Radio card in the MP client. Could something like IceCast be used in this area?

You are right - I didn't think about that. It's not really a problem to implement client/server-structure, but it would cause me some extra work and I originally thought it was overkill to require the user to setup a client/server-infrastructure with SQL-server etc. to use this radio-module. But I see your point on the DVB-cards not being present in the "frontend"-system.

So I've thought about it and come up with an idea:

My plan is to program the plugin so that it will work as a single plugin on the frontend-side (if you have more than one pc in your setup) - that is the "client" in TV-server terminology. All the main functionality will be handled here (and not on the serverside as in the TV-server).

But I will then introduce a small "dispatcher"-application you can install on your "server" in case you've set up a client/server-environment. This "dispatcher" has the purpose of receiving radio-streams from the DVB-card and forward the stream to the actual plugin. I'm still thinking about exactly how to go about the communication etc., but for now I have plenty of work - so I'll get back to it, once I get there.

So far I'm deep into some C++ code, desperately trying to play around with some arrays of buffers :) I _want_ that latency-free zapping although it's not a walk in the park to implement it.

Regards

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Good luck with your walk in the jungle of buffers :D :D :D

eloo

Portal Pro
January 20, 2005
Aarhus, Denmark
Great!

This is great Lars! Radio is one of my most used features, but it has not been updated for long. If you want me to make radio logos, just PM me.

Good luck with the coding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom