Status
Not open for further replies.

ivars

Portal Member
October 20, 2006
Launceston
Home Country
Australia Australia
Also: make sure visualisation is optional (I hate it when I play radio-streams:D)

Me too!

Actually, I was going for no visualisation at all. But if anyone uses it and would miss it if it's gone, please let me know, and I'll see if I can integrate it somehow (so it doesn't annoy anyone).

I've been stumbling around looking for a way to get ride of the visualisations box when when I'm streaming on-line radio. So if I understand correctly, currently there is no way to do it? Would be great if that box could be turned off.

Unfortunately I don't have the technical expertise most of you seem to have, so I have had difficulty with this thread but wish you success as the Radio module is very important for me. I have given up trying to get it to play local FM radio stations which I am able to do without problems using WinFast FM which came with my tuner card. I tried to follow the instructions given in https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/AudioorRadio/MyFMRadio/ but to no avail. I just ended up feeling old and stupid :confused:

If it were possible to fix it so FM worked I would be eternally grateful.

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've been stumbling around looking for a way to get ride of the visualisations box when when I'm streaming on-line radio. So if I understand correctly, currently there is no way to do it? Would be great if that box could be turned off.

Unfortunately I don't have the technical expertise most of you seem to have, so I have had difficulty with this thread but wish you success as the Radio module is very important for me. I have given up trying to get it to play local FM radio stations which I am able to do without problems using WinFast FM which came with my tuner card. I tried to follow the instructions given in https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/AudioorRadio/MyFMRadio/ but to no avail. I just ended up feeling old and stupid :confused:

If it were possible to fix it so FM worked I would be eternally grateful.

what brand and type of Radio Card are you using ?

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi idioteque2,

do you know whether HVR-1100 uses the same drivers and hardware as HVR-1300 do?

Would be great if it is so.

Lars

great ideas and hopefully a great substitue for the current myRadio

eagle

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    the 1100 is software Mpeg recorder the 1300 hardware,

1100 means CPU has to be faster than 2,8 GH to record
    1300 doesnt matter

check chipsets to see if they are supported and contact dman_LFC

madsrh

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2006
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    WOW!

Hi Lars.
    Sound really great. Seeing your list of features, I can't think of anything I would be missing. It will be a very nice update for MP. :D

Oh, by the way I'm using BlueTwo 4:6
    MadsRH

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    the 1100 is software Mpeg recorder the 1300 hardware,

1100 means CPU has to be faster than 2,8 GH to record
    1300 doesnt matter

check chipsets to see if they are supported and contact dman_LFC

concerning analog-tv you are right. I'm interessted in whether fm-radio is working

eagle

alexeix

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2005
    UK
    This sounds like an awesome addition!

Feature request: would it be possible to display a radio listings schedule?

You mentioned having the facility to record, so it would be great to be able to select a programme to record from the schedule, just like with the TV guide.

That would be really handy...

Lars Vinter

Portal Member
    January 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Everybody.

Just wanted to let you know how I was doing:

I've made much progress since last time and I now have a running "dummy application" (just a simple windows forms GUI) working with most of the features. However, I still have a lot of bugs - mostly due to some unsafe thread programming. Thus my main priority now, is to make everything thread safe without compromising efficiency and speed. I also need to add an additional feature or two, but nothing major is missing now as far as features is concerned.

I've set up a web page (wiki) for the plugin. You can find this at:

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/MediaPortalPlugins/MyRadio2

You'll also find an FAQ. Whenever I think of a potential question, I add a question and an answer to this. Please post any questions you might have, and I'll add it.

My release plan (very tentative!!!) is this:

Initial beta release is expected around early march'ish. This version will have most features listed on the feature list with the important exception that it ONLY supports internet radio as a source for radio.

The next beta release will fix the bugs discovered in the first beta release AND add support for DVB-cards to be used as sources for radio.

The next beta release will add support for FM-cards (and maybe also DAB and DRM cards).

When all bugs have been identified and fixed, the first stable version will be released.

Help wanted

If I am to speed up the development, I could sure use some help. Basically what I need some help with the most is:

• I need someone to design a nice GUI (3-4 screens is required) for the B2/B2W-skins. I can do the programming myself (i.e. the interfacing to the classes), if this is needed, but I could sure use some help with the graphical work.
    • I need someone good with regex'es to help me with some string-formatting questions (they might be simple, but I suck at regex'es).
    • I need someone to voulunteer as coordinator for the beta-test (basically that is to get a team of beta-testers set up, gather feedback, sort the feedback and prioritize it).
    • I need a skilled C# programmer to review my classes and make sure they comply to the Microsoft conventions of C#-programming (naming conventions etc.). As I've stated before, I'm in no way experienced in C# - I'm a total noob ;-)
    • I need someone experienced in working with DVB-streams to contact me. Basically what I need is to know if some of the existing MediaPortal-classes (or interfaces) will allow me to setup a ring buffer of streamdata. (This would definately save time!)

Anyway, if anybody wants to give me a hand with one or more of the things above, please PM me.

Don't worry, if I don't get the help I need. I will for sure complete this assignment sooner or later no matter what - but it would definately speed up the process, if I could get someone to help me (and it probably also would make it a little bit more fun) :)

Regards
    Lars

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom