My Pictures also includes videos. (1 Viewer)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I've just installed MP 1.1. Alpha on my wifes laptop specifically so I could test this plugin (couldn't do it on my laptop because Vista isn't supported..). I'm running with BW3 and no extra plugins (apart from ForTheRecord)

Here are my findings so far....

1. Before installing "MyPics Extended" I checked out the standard My Pics and My Vids plugins. No noticeable changes in the My Pics plugin BUT I was pleased to see that my .mpg files (from my video camera) now have thumbnails (ala MediaCentre) in My Vids - it's been a long time coming and was great to see :)

2. Then I installed "MyPics Extended". I had another look at the standard My Vids plugin (to make sure all was still OK) and was disappointed to see that the thumbnails were no longer there. Since then I've tried removing "MyPics Extended", clearing the thumbnails (and changing the number of rows etc) but I can't get them to show anymore :(:(:(

3. OK, back to "MyPics Extended" (re-installed) - test results:

a) I've tested the following formats, and all play fine for me: mpg, mpeg, wmv & avi - GREAT! :D

b)No thumbs show for ANY video formats :( The default video or picture image doesn't even show - so in the icon views for example there is just a blank space with the name of the file underneath it :(:(

c) As indicated in (a) above, clicking on the video files plays them but is there a way to jump to the next file partway through a video? (Wifes laptop has no remote)

d) Sometimes the video just loops (even in slideshow view) instead of moving on to the next file.

So in summary - firstly, it's great to see that this plugin is already so close to being complete but I would like to see a couple of tweaks:
1. Thumbnails for video files - personally I think this is very important
2. The ability to jump to the next file partway through a video (this could already be there..)

Keep up the great work - surely this will have to become one of the default plugin options with MP once it's finished? :)

Cheers

Bleazle

zilexa

Portal Pro
October 22, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I wonder how people play their camera videos via My Videos? Because you will have to let MediaPortal scan your photofolders and build a database, but to do so MediaPortal will try to find each movie in IMDB!

I'm using 1.0.2 so I can't test your MyPicsExtended yet. But it sounds good if I read Bleazles report :)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I wonder how people play their camera videos via My Videos? Because you will have to let MediaPortal scan your photofolders and build a database, but to do so MediaPortal will try to find each movie in IMDB!

You can only see videos taken from a camera in the "Shares" view - so no IMDB involved there :)

I see that gemex is part of the development team for MP 1.1 which (I guess) is why we haven't had any further development of this plugin - hopefully he'll get a chance to finish it of in the near future....

zilexa

Portal Pro
October 22, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Shares view? What do you mean? I can't find such a 'view' anywhere, cannot create such a view either in the MP configuration..

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Sorry for the slow reply. Attached is a screenshot which should answer your question. (just to be clear, this is the "standard" My Videos" plugin, which you originally asked about).

Attachments

• shares.jpg
    shares.jpg
    46.8 KB

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok, here comes the new version.

It's some kind of a redesign, based of current SVN and therefore done from scratch.

Like the "old" plugin it just replaces the current pictures plugin so installation instructions are:

1) copy the .dll to <your mp dir>\plugins\windows
    2) Add e.g. ".mov" to your extensions in MyPictrues in MP Configuration

That's it !

So far it works fine for me. Tried:

- clicking directly on a movie,
    - navigating through the folder with <left>,<right> arrow keys while in Slideshow
    - playing a slideshow

Please give feedback... :D
    As you know, I have good use for that functionality in current MP. :D

Your dll is still working nicely with 1.1.0 RC1, but there is a big problem.

As soon as you add videoformat extensions (mkv/mov/avi/etc.) to the pictures configuration, thumbnails created by mtn.exe will nolonger be shown in MyVideos anymore.
    If you remove the videoextensions from the picture configuration, then thumbs show up again in MyVideos.

This also happens without your dll - so MP does not like it if you add the videoextensions to the pictures config. :(
    A fix would be great! :)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi guys,

I have just started to test this plugin. :)

I have mainly AVI and MOV (movsd) files.

The AVI files play fine, but when I try and play the movsd file I get a black screen (plays fine in My Videos). When I run MePo in window mode (not fullscreen), when I get the black screen, the window title states "Mediaportal - Music/Fullscreen". So it appears it is trying to use Music to display the file???

I need to dig deeper and find out what the problem is - I don't have the movsd extension listed under music. So its not that :(

I have attached my MePo log - this shows a startup, chose My Pictures (extended), navigate to the movsd file and select it. Then I get a blank/black screen. I think quit MePo

I have also attached the error.log file - it does have an error (not sure if its related)

The other problem I notice (not sure if its specific to this plugin or not), but when it finds a file it can't play (eg codec issue), then a window/prompt is displayed. The issue it that it takes a LOT of ok/cancels to get rid of that window/prompt.

Thanks,

J. :D

urbanbur

December 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    starts great, plays images in a slideshow, then as much videos as in a row, but jumps out of slideshov after last video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom