My Pictures also includes videos. (1 Viewer)

juro

Portal Pro
March 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Togehther,

anay news here?

JuRo

bt86bt

Portal Pro
December 30, 2008
Lund
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Mmm?

Also, am I the only one that MP does not generate new thumbs for new pictures?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi bt86bt :)

Mine is working, but I guess that is a bit off-topic here. Please create a new support thread or bug report. Maybe someone can pick up the problem in your setup or logs.

Thanks ;)

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys.

I am waiting for a new version of Gemx plugin.

It would be great if
    1. direct clicking on a video would be supported and
    2. That slide show contineous after playing a video (right now slide shows stops)
    3. aspect ratio selöection also should be working

Thanks!

Regards

Juro

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This thread looks "dead". Has anyone got any news on where things are up to? I'm off to test the plugin but there's not much point in posting my findings if it's no longer being worked on...

Cheers

Bleazle

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It has been very quiet for a long time now. Maybe try sending a PM to him?

Good idea - I've just PM'd Gemx - he hasn't been on this thread since May 21st which isn't a good sign. If any of you want to vote for a plugin like this (and hopefully generate some interest amongst people who can create plugins) check this thread out: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/pictures-videos-one-plugin-rule-them-all-plugin-request-69389/#post500027

Hopefully Gemx will reappear soon......

Bleazle

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I had a reply from Gemx - he's been busy but he's on it again, so great news :)

Here's what I found when testing (MP 1.0.2 on XP): Even when in "slideshow" video doesn't play:( when the slideshow gets to a video the screen goes black and my computer jams:(:( The only way to get it going again is by using the "Reset" button. After testing it several times the most I got was about 1 seconds worth of audio (but no picture) before the computer jammed.

Unfortunately the error log shows pretty much nothing (I guess this is due to the computer jamming?) - the error noted for the Thumbnailer plugin is just because the USB drive it's pointing to wasn't connected.

With regards to thumbnails for this plugin I think they're very important - I don't want to have to scroll through all of the pics and vids of a holiday to try to find the one I'm looking for, if I wanted to do that I'd just use the File Explorer plugin (which is old but works fine)

Bleazle

bt86bt

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2008
    Lund
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Great news about Gemx.

Bleazle: Do you have problem playing the movies in My Videos aswell in MP, if so then your problem is not regarding this plugin and you should create a new thread. A quick look at your log seams that you have activated all three external players in MP? Look up what codexs you are using, I recommend update MP to latest 1.1 version (beta) and go for the latest SAF for MP (search forum) and go for version 400 beta1..

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is another big bug within this plugin: If you are playing music during a slideshow, the music overlay is shown and therefore no pictures are shown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom