My PodCasts (1 Viewer)

keith2045

Portal Pro
February 16, 2006
Missouri
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
You get an error when trying to add a rss feed? Which one are you trying to add? Try another one, see if that works

keith2045

Portal Pro
February 16, 2006
Missouri
Home Country
Anymore development of this plugin? Do .mp4 files stream? Cause i cant get it to work with those. Also it would really be cool to have a podcast manager. It could download different videos, delete after so many days, that way we could watch shows that cant be streamed like xvid.

It would also be cool if it supported rss torrents. I'm not sure if the MyTorrent does, havent looked at it.

Keith

joshritger

October 17, 2006
Home Country
I need help with installing your plugin

I downloaded your podcast/ torrents plugin and I am unsure of where to put the files. I read the readme and wasn't sure where it was telling me to install the files to. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

joshritger

October 17, 2006
Home Country
Figured it out

I figured out wehre the files go, but i was wandering if the podcasts are streamed or if they are downloaded to the local machine somewhere?

keith2045

Portal Pro
February 16, 2006
Missouri
Home Country
They are streamed.

I'm having a problem streaming wmv files. I can stream them in windows media player, but not in mp. I'm having the same problem with quicktime files. Any suggestions?

My feeds are coming from revision3.com

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
can anyone tell me if I need to turn on a firewall setting in XP to allow this to work.
I have installed and configured it on two pc's. One works the other does not.
When I click on the icon for podcasts it does nothing but hang. I notice the samething for mynews.

Wondered if there was something I had forgotten to do...help.

Acteo

Portal Pro
August 15, 2005
Echiré, France
Home Country
France France
Hello !

Does My Podcasts work with last 0.2.2.0 version of MP ?
I used it with 0.2.1.0 and it was ok.
But now, even if some podcasts are added, i can't see them.

keith2045

Portal Pro
February 16, 2006
Missouri
Home Country
Hello !

Does My Podcasts work with last 0.2.2.0 version of MP ?
I used it with 0.2.1.0 and it was ok.
But now, even if some podcasts are added, i can't see them.

I cant get it to work with the latest version of MP. fcsobel knows about it, and hopefully is working on a fix.

fcsobel

Portal Pro
December 4, 2005
I have a beta version of the plugin that was recompiled against 0.2.2.0. It still has issues but this version should get you further. Please try it out and let me know how it works.

http://projects.c3o.com/MediaPortal/plugins.beta.2.2.zip

Note: The zip file has My Torrents (Asureus and uTorrent) plugins included because I work on those and they share a lot of code between them.

Since there were no problems reported with the beta I'm putting it out under the usual location:

http://projects.c3o.com/MediaPortal/plugins.zip

If you need the older 0.2.0.0 version yuo can browse here and get it:

http://projects.c3o.com/MediaPortal/

moiristo

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Enschede
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi!

Since my favorite podcast didn't really work with this plugin (m4v format), which could be because I don't have Quicktime player, I came up with the idea to have it played bij the VideoLan plugin (since VLC also supports m4v, mp4 and mov files).

First, I have modified the videolan plugin to be able to set a buffersize for these streams and did some other fixes.
Second, the sources I found in the download area didn't support it being played by vlc (the if-block checking the extensions, causing for me that MP tries to play it with AudioPlayer), I have just removed all the checking and have the stream sent to g_player.Play().

Finally, by just configuring the VLC plugin by adding the extensions .m4v,.mp4,.mov to the list of associations, MP sends the stream to the plugin and it started playing :cool: To avoid lag, one can try to increase the buffer size (default 400, mine is on 1200).

If someone wants to try this, please replace the c3o.plugins.dll with the one that can be found at the URL below. To install the updated videolan plugin, download VideoLan0.5.rar and copy the file to MP (dir ExternalPlayers). Please BACKUP your original ExternalPlayers.dll before doing this.
Go to MP Setup and enable the VideoLan player. Configure it by adding the extensions you'd want it to play to the associations field.

Be sure that you installed the latest version of VLC (0.8.6) and that you are using MP 0.2.2.0.

Link

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom