My Power Control Plug-in (1 Viewer)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi mcraenz!
    I never noticed this plugin before. Sadly my Gigabyte mobo has no parallel port (although there is an internal connector), but this would be very useful for turning on/off my Logitech Z-5500.

Hope you keep maintaining this plugin, as special plugins like this is part of what makes MP what it is!

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Cheers Spragleknas :) You can always use a print server if you don't have a parallel port as mentioned above.

thanks for that replay, im lookin in ebay and found some stuff. what characteristics do i need to look for so that im sure it will work correctly and not happen like in usb-parallel type converter.

I've only tried this with an Hp Jetdirect print server but I wouldn't be surprised if most other standard printer servers work too.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Cheers Spragleknas :) You can always use a print server if you don't have a parallel port as mentioned above.

thanks for that replay, im lookin in ebay and found some stuff. what characteristics do i need to look for so that im sure it will work correctly and not happen like in usb-parallel type converter.

I've only tried this with an Hp Jetdirect print server but I wouldn't be surprised if most other standard printer servers work too.

great ! so this way, do u access the port using inpout32.dll? and sending it to an ip address or somehting like that?

thanks again

p.d. is there any parameter on how the device is recognize that proves it will work? this way i can ask ebay sellers to check it before buying.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    With the print server you don't use inpout32.dll, the code is all built into the plug-in. As long as the print server support RAW mode it should be ok. Remember you'll also probably have to modify the print server as shown on my blog post. It's very easy and the chip should be readily available. There is also sample code at the bottom of that post on my blog.

Kickin

Portal Member
    September 15, 2007
    Hi mcraenz

Where can I download the newest version of this plugin?
    Have you implemented the things I posted in earlier?

I really would love to test this out, I have a parallell port on my htpc and my"plc" that I use for the outputs.

I now use RC2 in my system, with X-Face skin.

regards
    Kickin

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    He mcraenz ,

Can your plugin work with this module : M125
    already thanks

Bas Spiek

Probably too late but sorry Skiek81 don't know how I missed you're message. But yes this module will work.

@Spragleknas:
    Yep new version and I'd now recommend the print server method as the first option; let me know if I can be of any help. :)

Cheers,
    mcraenz

Pommedan

Portal Member
    March 30, 2009
    Dunedin
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Discovered some strange thing, After I had used this plugin (havent used the output of the LPT yet)
    I went to basichome screen and there all name changed to the first name that was added to control the output of this plugin. --> radio changed to sub, then TV changed to sub. Sub was my first test output.

I had a similar problem, i set up the plugin to work from the home screen in black&white skin and reskinned the page. once i activated a pin and turned it off again i exited from this page. Going into 'myvideos' my movie list came up fine, but after a second or two the movie title would change to the first name that was added as the control of the plugin i.e 'light1' and coverart disappeared

also in 'mymusic' the artist fanart would reset to default pics after 2-3 seconds when the plugin had been activated

restarting MP and not using the plugin the videos and music section was fine.

Any ideas? im using MP 1.0 Final

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom