My Power Control Plug-in (1 Viewer)

cybergeek

Portal Pro
November 21, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Thank you I was trying to test the output of the pins so I had the parallel wire hooked up and I had a multimeter hooked up to pin 2 and 18 but I notice no difference. Am I doing something wrong? I have a 2 led I want to hook up to this so I can turn them on whenever, how can I do this?

Pommedan

Portal Member
March 30, 2009
Dunedin
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
i rigged up a simple led setup like the first pics on Parallel port output

From memory i think i had a little trouble gettingit to work but i think it was mainly trying to sort out i/o and the like. Try downloading relais timer, its the link on the forth post down Parallel Port Control - Lumenlab this will give you a real simple way to test if your port is working ok.

I never used a multimeter just connected up some leds and resistors for testing but you should be getting an output. try some different pins 18-25 are for ground.

cybergeek

Portal Pro
November 21, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi guys can anyone help me please? I installed this plugin and hooked up the LPT wire I then conected a multimeter to pin 2 and I was getting a reading of 4.80 to 5.50 VDC when I went into MP and turned on and off the pins nothing happed, I confiered the plugin as the instructions can someone please tell me what I was doing wrong?

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Please confirm the sort of parallel port you are using? Is it on the motherboard? (USB will not work.) Also do you have the inpout32.dll file in your windows folder?

cybergeek

Portal Pro
    November 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Please confirm the sort of parallel port you are using? Is it on the motherboard? (USB will not work.) Also do you have the inpout32.dll file in your windows folder?

Hi yes my port is on the mobo and I have the inpout32.dll in the windows/system32 folder

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hmmm...Can you show some screen shots of your config?
    It could be a bug, I wasn't able to test parallel ports on this latest version because I don't have one any more. I only use a print server now. However nothing in the parallel port code has changed so it should still work!

cybergeek

Portal Pro
    November 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    hmmm...Can you show some screen shots of your config?
    It could be a bug, I wasn't able to test parallel ports on this latest version because I don't have one any more. I only use a print server now. However nothing in the parallel port code has changed so it should still work!

Yeah sure here you go if you need more just net me know.

powercontrol.jpg

powercontrol2-1.jpg

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hmmm, yeah it looks totally correct, Did you check device manager to confirm that the parallel port is on 378? Also you could try changing your port mode in bios from ecp/epp/standard. Also are you 100% sure you have the correct pins. Also if you reboot does the LED switch on and off as the system is booting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom