My Power Control Plug-in (1 Viewer)

cybergeek

Portal Pro
November 21, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
hmmm, yeah it looks totally correct, Did you check device manager to confirm that the parallel port is on 378? Also you could try changing your port mode in bios from ecp/epp/standard. Also are you 100% sure you have the correct pins. Also if you reboot does the LED switch on and off as the system is booting?

I will check at these options I never checked them yet. Thank you for your help I will update this later.

FlexQ

Portal Pro
July 20, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi guys

I dont know if this program is still supported by mp 1.1 RC1, but i have just installed it and i cant seem to find it in the plugin section of mp config.

Does anyone know what i might be doing wrong ?

I am running a windows 7 machine with a asus a8n32sli motherboard.

Henrik

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've not tried it in MP RC1.1. But I will try to check it out over the next week or so. It might be because the MSI installer installs it in the wrong place now? I'll release I new version if need be. What hardware are you intending to use it with?

FlexQ

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Mate

I am using it with:

amd 64 x2 3800+
    ASUS a8n32-sli Deluxe
    2 gb ram
    Nvidia GF7300GS

And running on windows 7.
    With mp RC1.1

If there is any information you need to solve this little problem, then dont hesitate to ask.

Henrik

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry I meant what power control hardware are you using or intending to use?

FlexQ

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ah, okay, i have made a circuit where lets say port 0 (pin2) is driven high, driving a transistor high which drives a relay.

Do you want a schematic?

Link to V1 Sch

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okey I've tested it and it seemed to install ok for me on a clean 1.1 install. It showed up in the plug-ins section of MP Config and the PowerControl system service installed ok. However the skins location was broken and the skin wasn't showing right and a few other things weren't working so I've fixed them up. It works on XP haven't tested it on Windows vista or 7 yet. but please have a go and see if you can find any more bugs for me to fix while I'm in the zone ;-)

Test version:
    http://blog.rhysgoodwin.com/MyPowerControlSetup.msi

FlexQ

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The fault was on my side, but you might want to add the feature "manual set installation location", i have mp lying on another drive, so your plugin just installed in an empty folder.
    But, right now i dont have anything connected to my LPT port, but i should, still, be able to set up and turn on/off the port pins ?

It just says "there was an error ... and so on, open port 4019" i have dont that in my firewall, but what might i not understand ?

Thanks for your help so far

Henrik

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When does it show that error? Basically you need enable the local service connect to it then add some physical devices. These are the devices attached to the local computer and controled by the local service. The MP devices are what actually appear in MediaPortal and they maybe controlled by the local computer or they maybe controlled by another computer on the network. This means that other MediaPortal clients can have access to all devices

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom