My Usenet (1 Viewer)

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'll take a look at auto-detection as I'm sure, like you said, there's a difference that can be seen every time. While I'm at it, I'll add a warning if it detects anything other than the two that are now supported so we don't have this problem anymore. Thanks again, I'm sure others are glad they can change their listing style now.

iefow

Portal Member
June 30, 2008
Hi there, I just found this plugin and it looks great. But how can I use it with Newsleecher? I browsed threw this thread and tried Google, but obviously I'm missing something here... Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Edit
Found it! For anyone else looking for this -->
You need to tell Newsleecher to monitor a folder that you'll be placing the NZBs in. You can do that via the options screen -> download -> NZB files -> NZB file scanner

However, new problem arising-->
There aren't coming any NZBs into the folder. I have specified the correct path to the folder in both programs (plugin and newsleecher)... The folder is not read-only ... so what else is missing...? Please help!

iefow

Portal Member
June 30, 2008
Anybody? Still haven't figured it out, would be an awesome feature for my MP installation if I was able to figure this out. But for some reason the plugin doesn't accept the folder that I tell it to store the NZBs in, it keeps putting them in the C:\ :confused:

Also, each time when I open the configuration of the plugin it seems that everything is reset. The search options I chose are back to their default values again. However if I edit them and hit [OK] and then open MP, all the sites that I configured are there.

Any tips or pointers would be very welcome.

quadomatic

July 2, 2008
Home Country
When I try to select a site...I'm getting a blank box where the choices should be. Any fixes?

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
Anybody? Still haven't figured it out, would be an awesome feature for my MP installation if I was able to figure this out. But for some reason the plugin doesn't accept the folder that I tell it to store the NZBs in, it keeps putting them in the C:\ :confused:

Also, each time when I open the configuration of the plugin it seems that everything is reset. The search options I chose are back to their default values again. However if I edit them and hit [OK] and then open MP, all the sites that I configured are there.

Any tips or pointers would be very welcome.

I didn't even notice your post until today. Can you send me your MediaPortal.log via a private message or attach it to a post here after you've selected an nzb to download. If you post it, make SURE you remove the name of the nzb. I'm not sure what's going on, but it's probably a weird problem with the path.

When I try to select a site...I'm getting a blank box where the choices should be. Any fixes?

Do you have checkmarks next to the sites you want to use in the plugin configuration?

coennie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2008
    Anybody? Still haven't figured it out, would be an awesome feature for my MP installation if I was able to figure this out. But for some reason the plugin doesn't accept the folder that I tell it to store the NZBs in, it keeps putting them in the C:\

I have the exact same problem. I really would love this plugin to work.

furrycushion

March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have similar problems too, maybe it's not yet fully updated for rc2?

A few of the problems I see are - for newzbin it searches but its not possible to see the results - i can tell it's searching because the number of pages updates.
    Also for tvnzb it cuts off the first letter of every search result.
    And then when it downloads a tvnzb file it saves it to the root of the D: drive (where my mediaportal is installed - yes i know)

bloasfist

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Still getting this error when trying to download a nzb:
    Code:
    My Usenet: Error downloading NZB, error message: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: path
       at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path, DirectorySecurity directorySecurity)
       at myusenet.myusenet.getnzb()

A long time ago i tried fixing this; then the reason was said to be the forward/backward slashes (unix/windows). Either way i get the same error. When i download a nzb throug my webbrowser into the nzb-monitored folder SABnzbd downloads it without a problem. Any idea's?

[edit]
    I just discovered i forgot to type in the path towards sabnzbd (localhost:8080) :oops: . Maybe there should be asterisks in the 'general' tab of the configuration screen for fields which are required. This way numbskulls like me can also use this plugin ;).
    [/edit]

bloasfist

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

It seems that this plugin isn't actively maintained anymore. To give it some new interest (and because i like it a lot!) i've made skinfiles for the my usenet plugin for the Black&White 1080p skin. It's pretty simple; based on blue2 skin files and some skin files of other plugins supported by b&w 1080p. I've attached the skin files and the latest plugin version on which i tested it in a zip file (my_usenet_B&W1080p.zip).

Screenshots:
    b&w1080p-myusenet-main.jpg
    b&w1080p-myusenet-sabmanagementcontrol.jpg

Known problems/Todo:
    The skin now supports my usenet including the sabnzbd management menu. The following things still have to be done:
    • There is no support for the imdb .xml (yet? i haven't even tried to use it ;)).
    • When parsing multiple page results there is some irrelevant page numbering in the results. On the first screenshot this is visible (third search result from below). The 'real' page browser works ok however
    • sabnzbd management menu isn't showing all the things i'd like it to show (this can only be altered when somebody can change this in the plugin itself)
    • back button in sabnzbd management menu isn't working.

Bugs in usenet plugin:
    I'm not a programmer however, so here are some bugs in the plugin itself i'm experiencing using attached skin files and the latest version of my-usenet (Gizzards beta):
    • yabse: does not give any search results (nothing appears after 'parsing results'). I haven't used yabse a lot in the past, but i think the yabse site has changed fundamentaly (layout-whise).
    • nzbmatrix: plugin somehow thinks i'm a vip (i haven't ticked the vip-box in configuration) and saves the 'you're not allowed to download .nzb files since you're not a vip'-html as .nzb. This file is then (of course) not readable as .nzb. I have exactly the same symptoms as the problem described here . The fix for this probem was upgrading to SABnzbd 3.0 or above. I'm using 0.4.4. Since this version is newer than the latest reported version that is supported by this plugin, maybe this has something to do with it?
    • sabnzb management menu: the 'back' button is not linked to anything (i manually added <hyperlink>6619</hyperlink> to the button's control -as is done in basichome.xml of b&w 1080p-, but this doesn't work). Appearantly the <hyperlink> tag is something only available in basichome? For example of the usage, i attached my basichome.xml of b&w 1080p.
    • sabnzb management menu: the history part shows 'weird' info (see attached screenshot-thumbnail)
    • binsearch.info: i've thicked binsearch.info as a site i wanne be able to use, but it's not listed in the site-menu. Setting the default search engine to binsearch.info in configuration does -sometimes- result in 'search binsearch.info' as the 'search' button when loading the plugin. But once changed to another site i cannot change it back through the site-menu. This 'default search engine trick' does not always work. I haven't figured out yet when it does.
    • newzbin: i've not thicked newzbin as a search engine, but it is still listed in the site menu. When i select it and the search something mediaportal crashes. This is problably caused by the fact that i've not provided a username and password for the site (since i've not ticked it, nor do i have an account on that site).
    • download statistics sometimes do not appear (this never happens when sabnzbd was already downloading something while starting up mediaportal).

I've attached logs (debug level) of a test where i did the following:
    -start mediaportal; goto my usenet
    -resume download (sabnzbd was paused before i started mediaportal)
    -search binsearch.info (default engine)-->pick download-->try to select 'enter custom'-->mportal passes the download to sabnzbd (without the custom name however)
    -got msg that resumed download is complete --> ok
    -went to sabnzbd management menu; made screenshot
    -paused download of files in nzb that was downloaded through binsearch.info
    -search in yabse (no results)
    -search in nzbmatrix --> get message that cookies are refreshed. Search again-->pick result -->downloads html file as .nzb, sabnzb fails to read this bogus .nzb.
    -load showlist of tvnzb.com; select show; download .nzb (-->works!)
    -Move nzb of tvnzb.com up in sabnzbd management menu
    -search newzbin: mediaportal crashes!

All bugs are in this session; i guess i gave the community some debugging-work :sorry:

I also attached:
    - the b&w 1080p skin files including the used plugin .dll (my_usenet_B&W1080p.zip)
    - screenshot of the 'weird info' in the history of sabnzbd management menu (see attached thumbnail).

!! I hope some people wanna help me out with the skin but mostly people who wanna continue/take over maintenance on this plugin !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom